Random Questions

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
willclas

Random Questions

Post by willclas »

Hey guys, I had a couple questions that I was wondering if you could help me out on:

1) I'm 21 years old and was thinking of buying gamma gh. I used to take zma and I still have some, but I was thinking of making the switch if it would be helpful. If it is more effective for older people with lower GH levels and you think I would be fine with just zma, those are the kind of answers I'm looking for.

2) I have had shoulder problems in the past and usually do shoulder therapy excercises every other day. Are those going to be ok on rest days during feast and even during the 3 day switch over from famine to feast..or should I hold off?

3) On the same subject as Q1, I also like to take casein protein before I go to bed. I know zma and/or gamma gh wont work if you have other food in your system. Is there a way where I could take both? Or if I had to eliminate one and take one, which one would get the boot?

4) I noticed that the only difference between the supplement I am taking for ecdy (E-bol by thermolife) and Kre-anabolyn is the addition of creatine (which alters the meal in which you take the supplement as well). Any easy solution to this would be adding the creatine dosage to my high carb meals and taking the E-bol with my high protein meals. But by reading other threads, I noticed that it is advised to save the creatine for the cruise phase. Maybe this recommendation was only due to the fact that creatine was already accounted for in the kre-anabolyn, but I'm not sure. Basically, my question is is I can add creatine to E-bol, or if I should take it as is and wait for creatine in the cruise phase.

Sorry if the questions are a little confusing. I just want to make sure I do everything right and maximize my gains during the BP.

Thanks,

Will
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

1)AskMass will have to chime in, but I think they are two totally different animals. ZMA is primarily used for optimizing test not GH. If you're looking for a good test booster Adaptagen N is what you want... Rob is so high on it he has said he nearly wrote the blueprint based on it.

2)I'd talk to your physiotherapist and see if he/she thinks you should be working your shoulders intensely... you may also want to keep in mind that some compound movements (bench press and deadlifts) also make use of some shoulder muscles.

3)Personally I would take the ZMA/ Gamma fist and then take the casein 40-60 minutes after.

4)It sounds to me like you're sweating the small things a bit here. To me it stands to reason that if Kre-Anabolyn has creatine in it, it is a fine supplement to use during feast. When I ran the e bol stack I stacked it with t bol and c bol, and I think that's how most of the bollers do it. So if you want to use creatine mono powder during feast I don't see why that would be a problem.

Another thing to keep in mind is that after you do your first run you should be able to learn from it and find ways to improve upon it, so try not to get too overwhelmed by everything at first.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

GREAT answers.

Couldn't have said it any better :)
willclas

Post by willclas »

Thank you very much. Very helpful
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

That's what I'm here for :)
oliverparsons

Post by oliverparsons »

From the original post question #2...what are the symptoms of your shoulder pain? Usually when I'm bulking up and lifting heavy I start to get a sharp pain in my shoulder, most likley from overtraining, I'm guessing my rotator cuff. I've been taking Animal Flex by Universal Nutrition and it has been amazing, pain is totally gone. You take a pack each day that has a few pills and its pretty inexpensive ($25 bucks for 44 days). If you're looking to lift heavy I would strongly suggest looking into this supplement if your shoulder pain is similar to mine...it got to the point where I couldn't bench 50 pounds and now I'm maxing over 300 with no pain.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good tip.

What's in it? I rather like Cissus myself..
oliverparsons

Post by oliverparsons »

Hey Rob, not sure how to post an image of the nutrition facts in this forum, but check the attached link...click on "View Ingredients" to see what's in it.

Not sure if it has Cissus, but really has done wonders for my sholder. And for $25 bucks it's been worth every penny.

universalnutrition.com/store/html/product.cfm?id=300
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

No Cissus.

The actives as I see them are the following:

Methylsulfonymethane (MSM)
Turmeric Extract (Curcumin) *
Boswellia (Boswellic Acid)

Now yes, it has glucosamine/chondroitin which are fine products. However, the immediate relief is likely brought about by the Boswellia. Longer term you'll see the Turmeric and MSM (orally active derivative of DMSO, a sulfer based anti-inflammatory) and then of course the G/C.

Whatever it is, happy it's working for you! Do consider Cissus at some point though. I'm betting it works even better for you and at an even more attractive pricepoint. Look for the 5-10% extracts to help with healing/injuries etc..