Lerider's first BP run with Chinese medicine + IF

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
lerider

Lerider's first BP run with Chinese medicine + IF

Post by lerider »

I start the BP and phase 1 tomorrow, for the first time ever. I have been resting for 5 days to be fresh when I jump into this.

ABOUT ME
24 years old, been working out for 7 months: 5 months of cutting and getting in shape, then 2 months of bulking.

I have been keeping training log and counting calories since the very beginning, never skipped a training day and hit my daily calories and macros every single day. Been hitting the gym 4-5 times a week, every week since the start.

I am also on Intermittent Fasting, I stop eat 22pm and have my first meal 1-3pm next day. Working out around noon, with 10g BCAA Pre, 10g BCAA Intra and 5g BCAA Post + first meal.

SUPPLEMENTS
* ON Gold Standard
* BCAA 4:1:1
* ALA 1200mg/day
* Animal Pak
* Creatine mono
** Chinese medicine - starting this at phase 2. I am studying in China, so I went to the herbalist and said I wanted something to help me build muscle. Got my own custom made herb stack prepared, no idea what's in it, but big risks = big gains?!? Unfortunately they didn't let me keep the recipe, I will try to find out the ingredients when I refill my stack.

GOALS
Gaining size, looking big without a layer of fat. In other words, putting on massive lean muscle.
lerider

Post by lerider »

STATS
Height: 5'6''
Weight: ~132lbs
Bodyfat: ~15%

Estimated 1rm
Bench: 175lbs
Deadlift: 255 lbs
Squat: ???
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

wow...good luck on your 1st run man..But be careful with that chinese concoction you have there..that'd make me a little nervous not knowing what it cosists of :?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

This is for sure interesting and I'm really looking foward to what's in that chinese secret!

Right here for you if you need me..
lerider

Post by lerider »

TURBOFLEX wrote:wow...good luck on your 1st run man..But be careful with that chinese concoction you have there..that'd make me a little nervous not knowing what it cosists of :?
Thank you. I will be careful, and only got one weeks supply so I have to see the doctor again when it's time to refill. She asked me last time if I had any problems with my heart so I will try to keep an eye on blood pressure.
RobRegish wrote:This is for sure interesting and I'm really looking foward to what's in that chinese secret!

Right here for you if you need me..
Appreciated. This can be both hit or miss, I think it's good running it without knowing what it is.

First day today.

Official numbers

Weight: 131 lbs
Bodyfat: 14.6 % (electronic scale measurement)

These numbers will be updated day 1 phase 2.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Excellent.

Those questions about the heart... a bit scary but this isn't the U.S.. Things are done differently elsewhere so we need to be respectful. They have a 5,000 year track record of doing it right though. Look at it that way. Many of their herbal treatments have born out to be valid and I suspect many more will.

I suspect a potent strain of Ginseng given the line of questioning. Let me know if I'm right on that one. I'm no rocket scientist, but am a pretty good guesser when it comes to these matters...
lerider

Post by lerider »

RobRegish wrote: I suspect a potent strain of Ginseng given the line of questioning. Let me know if I'm right on that one. I'm no rocket scientist, but am a pretty good guesser when it comes to these matters...
That was my first guess as well, but I am quite sure there is no ginseng in there.

Since the characters on the recipe was unreadable even to a trained eye, I tried to figure out some of the herbs by doing it backwards. I looked up the chinese names for herbs in all the most popular bodybuilding supplements, compared them with regard of character stroke order, but none matched. Ginseng was the first of the herbs I checked.

Anyway, first day phase 1 today. Since I'm a used to intermittent fasting, I used this approach today as well. Not a single calorie whole day, working out evening on empy stomach and started eating when I was finished 8.30pm. Really wanted to take my dear BCAA as pre-supplement but skipped it.

Had a great workout, was able to lift more weight than I thought I would. Probably because of 5 days of rest.

Feasting right now, since all my daily calories are saved to the evening. Sounds better than it is though, check my weight and count how many calories I can consume a day during phase 1 :roll:
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow that's hardcore. Can't wait to see how this unfolds...
lerider

Post by lerider »

First night was weird, to say the least. I had problems falling asleep, which is really strange for me since I usually fall asleep as soon as I turn the lights off. To be honest I don't know if I slept or not, because I had to go to the toilet once every hour but the time in between passed fast, still felt as I wasn't sleeping.

Turned the lights off 11.30pm and this went on until 3.30am, when I woke up with insane stomach pain. I've had it before so I knew there's something which cannot be digested properly in my stomach, I think it's the bananas I had last evening.

Spent 45 min at the toilet and then back to sleep, but woke up again with stomach pain, this time not as bad though. Continued to sleep in 1-1½ hour intervals until 10am.

Lost almost 3 lbs since yesterday morning, and pulse is already 8 above normal.

I don't feel weak though, so it might be much water weight. Didn't take any creatine during my 5 days of rest and continued taking it yesterday, it's possible this flushed some water out of the system.

I'm excluding bananas from diet today and will break my fasting a few hours earlier today.
lerider

Post by lerider »

Just went into the kitchen to grab some müsli, and noticed it's all green with mold.

This could explain the events last night :roll:
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow. I'd discontinue at this point or at least ease up on things. That's too much weight loss in too short a period of time PLUS RHR jumping like that.

Please take that into consideration. Health first, always!
lerider

Post by lerider »

RobRegish wrote:Wow. I'd discontinue at this point or at least ease up on things. That's too much weight loss in too short a period of time PLUS RHR jumping like that.

Please take that into consideration. Health first, always!
It takes more than minor food poisoning to bring me down.

I kept physical activities at minimum yesteday and continued the blueprint famine diet. Drank alot of water.

This morning: No change in body weight since yesterday. Total of 3lbs loss in 2 days. RHR back to normal.

Preparing for work out. Will be tougher today since I will be training early afternoon, thus breaking my fast earlier than usual. I will probably be pretty hungry tonight if my body hasn't adapted already. Have to wait and see.

I rather do it this way though, I train at a small gym which get crowded in the evening. I really don't enjoy having to wait to do my sets.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK well, sounds like you're back on track. Odd pattern unfolding here... doesn't mean it's wrong. Just different than what I typically see.

Different is good though in my book!
lerider

Post by lerider »

I like different too! Appreciate the daily feedback!

The work out yesterday was tough! The fist set of bench went great, but after that first set all my strenght was gone, everything seemed so heavy! Fighted my way though the work out but didn't lift nearly as much as planned.

4th morning: Lost 0.8 lbs since yesterday, puts me at 3.8 lbs loss after 3 days. RHR is 4 above normal.

I don't really have any other physical activites than work outs and biking to school. Other than lack of strenght during work out I don't feel much from famine. The hunger don't bother me, I save all calories for the evening and can go to bed relatively satisfied.