Dta1984's 2nd Blueprint Run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
dta1984

Dta1984's 2nd Blueprint Run

Post by dta1984 »

Hi all this will be my second go around with the Blueprint. Last run, I did well and had a nice recomp. Before and after pics are in my other thread. I plan to start famine tomorrow (Monday) eating a measely 1300 calories. My baseline heartrate will be 59 bpm based on a 5 day average. I will get beginning weight tomorrow am.

I am more focused than ever and looking to add size. I am not going to be too concerned with fat gain. Another goal of mine is "focus" and determination. There were times last run where I took 4 days off between workouts. Ya it was nice to rest, but that was too much. 2 days max rest if needed will the theme this run.

Goals;
1. Increase strength (mainly with benchpress and squats)
2. Add lean mass

Specific Goals;
This is something new I am going to do to help keep me motivated throughout the run.

Goal BP 1 rep Max = 225 lb (Current 1rm = 200lb)
Goal Squat 1 rep max = 225 lb (Current 1rm = 200lb)
Goal lean weight gain = +7 lbs (I think this is reasonable)

Supplements;
Orange Triad Multi's
Ebol
Bioforge
Superpump 250 (1 scoop pre wo)
Whey Protein
BCAA (3 on 3 off during feast)
Bev's Liver Tabs (I have some left I am going to finish during feast, may last 2 days)

Workout Routine;
I am debating running the Periodic. I re-read the blueprint and also a few logs by others who have done the Periodic. I am really intrigued and thinking about giving it a go. I will make up my mind sometime this week haha. Any suggestions to this are welcome!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Run with The BP Periodic!

You will NOT be dissappointed!!
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

Day 1 Feast

Weight 161
Heart Rate 59 bpm

Breakfast consisted of a glass of milk, cup of fruit and a bowl of oatmeal. I will get the workout in later tonight.

Rob, on the periodic..... do I need to do the 5 workouts of feast first, or should I just start the periodic right away and use my 1rm from last feast? Also, if I am wanting to target 3 big lifts (bench, squat and deadlift) do I do all 3 during 1 workout? Like on GLP 1 I would do 6 sets of each.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow great question.

Ideally, you'd execute Famine and the first 5 bridge workouts first. Establish your new 1RM's and BOOM, off to the periodic.

Others dedicate one day to maxing, use those #'s and jump right into it. Ultimately though, with that approach you'd probably need the mid-periodic famine break. Some do, some don't entirely up to you.

Lastly, peaking all 3 lifts is a TALL order. You'd be much better served to focus on two (say, the SQ and BP) and work something like Romanian Deadlifts into your EDT blocks or otherwise.

You'll be pleasantly surprised as to their carryover into the full range movement, particularly if your reps are cycled appropriates.

BP periodic is incredibly powerful stuff, as Prototyp3 demonstrated over on nolinksplease.com. Check out this thread "Comprehensive Review of The Blueprint Periodic" in the Product Reviews section.

Then (and you better do this!) ask me a question (any question) to make sure I can answer it later :)
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

Thanks Rob! I thought all 3 was just too much. Squats and Bench seem like a good idea. I just re-read Prototypes log and saw he had a link in the first post where he tracked some of his workouts. I will read over that one and see if I have any questions.

I will do the first 5 Feast workouts first before beginning Periodic.

On EDT blocks, when can I change them up? I see there are 4 different breaks in Periodic, would this be where I could change things up?

Today's workout went well. Felt good to get back to the weights. Just a little hunger, not too bad......yet.

BB Squats (175x5x3)
DB Rows (50x5x3)
BB Curls (80x6x1)
Incl DB Curls (30x6x1)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes exactly. I'd change your exercise template as soon as

1.) You stop making progress
2.) You become mentally bored

Doing so will benefit you greatly. Seek those movements in which you are weak. Chain is only as strong as its weakest link so we aim to strengthen that :)
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

Day 2 Famine

Heartrate 60 bpm (+1)

Went to bed hungry, woke up not so hungry. Had a small bowl of oatmeal and some fruit.

Instead of taking my weight everyday, I will be taking it 3 times per week (M, W, F).
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good man, good start. Good documentation.

Terrific work. I like you already :)
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

Thanks for the support!!

Mmmm highlight meal of the day......small ceasar salad :roll:

Lol I love famine
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes that's grand isn't it :)
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

Day 3 Famine

Weight 158.5 (-2.5 lbs)

Heart Rate 62 (+2 bpm)

It's just crazy how hungry I can be at night when I go to bed, then wake up all normal and not hungry.... odd Anyways, small bowl of oatmeal, cup of fruit and glass of milk for breakfast.

Today should be workout #2. I have to drive 4.5 hours for a job interview, so I will do the workout when I get back later tonight.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK, good luck on the interview AND the workout!
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

Interview went well, and I just got done with workout #2. Felt really weak. Long drive in the rain and staring at the windshield wipers all night probably is part of the reason..

WG Bench - 155 x 10
DB Press - 30 x 8

CG Bench - 135 x 8
DB Press - 30 x 6

Incline Bench - 120 x 7
DB Press - 30 x 5

Decline Bench - 120 x 8
DB Press - 30 x 6

Decline CG Bench - 120 x 6

Skullcrushers - 40 x 10

Tricep Pressdowns - 50 x 8 x 2
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

One question while I am thinking about it. We talked in my other thread about trying to have some of my "weight gain" shake intra workout on my workout days. Where should I incorporate my BCAA drink? I know ideally you would mix it with the shake, but the stuff I got is watermelon flavored....

Just read the BCAA article in the Supp section so got me thinking about this again...