Need sum BP help

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Pete504

Need sum BP help

Post by Pete504 »

My Name Peter. I tried reading BP but I was just confused going through it & stopped...Ive never tried any program. I just do my own thing & find exercises that I feel comfortable doing & that work. Right now I weigh 200pds & am looking to get more muscular definition, cut but keep this size/weight & cut down the abs. Really trying to get a balance in size/definition for my body. Ive started cardio 3 times a week @ 2 miles each day, 6 miles total. A lot of my strength is gone from chemotherapy & being away from weight lifting but I'm gradually getting back into it. Whenever I'm doing chest I feel like Im working out my arms more than chest & don't feel it in my chest muscles. I also didn't notice that my chest got any bigger b4 my chemo & I was benching in the 250 range. Maybe I was doing something wrong & need to go down in weight? Any tips are welcome for everything abs, chest, getting cut, bigger ect.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK Pete first off, welcome to the family!

Second, congrats on battling back from cancer. We're going to keep that ball rolling here in the following fashion...

You've got a great start there with getting your wind back via cardio. Next step: GPP (General physical preparedness) work. This is your "bridge" back into the weight room and will provide concentric loading of the musclulature with no eccentric (lowering) which damages muscle tissue. It will also further condition your CNS and cardiovascular system for the weights.

Ideal here is sled dragging. If you're not familiar with the sled, a couple of resources for you:

https://www.flexcart.com/members/eliteft ... m=PD&pid=8

https://www.flexcart.com/members/eliteft ... D&pid=3125

To this, you can add things such as sledge hammering a rubber tire, pushing a weighted wheelbarrow up a slight incline, and even the dreaded prowler:

https://www.flexcart.com/members/eliteft ... D&pid=2294

These are pricey but well worth the 1 time purchase and will open an entire new window of training that will benefit you for years to come.

Suggest 2 to 3 sessions of sled dragging/week for 15-20 minutes at a time. Slowly build up the amount of weight you drag and/or distance-time. As you do, your work capacity will increase and the muscles will respond. Good bridge as I say back into the weight room without the risk associated with jumping back into things that Famine would pose.

Speaking of which, no Famine for you early on. I have some concerns with that so for now, just focus on GPP the next 3-4 weeks. I'll have something more specific for you once we get your work capacity back up.

Finally, with respect to The BP - do take it one week at a time. I know what happened when you quit reading.... you got overwhelmed. To look at BP in its entirety IS overwhelming. One week at a time gets it done. Trust me on that one :)

Sincerely hope that helps. Vets, if I've ever needed you it's right here and right now. We exist to help people in this forum and help we will...