Limited for famine phase but still good i believe...

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
HyperActive136

Limited for famine phase but still good i believe...

Post by HyperActive136 »

I am currently deployed and i am limited to what i can get my hands on for the famine phase but i think i will be able to make due..let me know what you think about my list of available foods..

-apples
-plums
-grapefruit
-pears (sometimes)
-watermelon (sometimes)
-cantoloupe (sometimes)
-tomatoes
-cucumbers
-lettuce
-natural PB
-walnuts
-almonds
-natural juice concentrate (large bottles of mango, banana, orange, etc)

This is mainly what i have to work with everday so my question is...

How and when would i incorperate these foods into the famine phase throughout my 5 days?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Welcome man and THANK YOU for your service to our country..

These are all solid and can be consumed throughout the day in order to hit you caloric goal.

MOST IMPORTANT:

1.) Hit your calorie goal for the day and..
2.) Limit protein

To that end, allow me to suggest the following to be placed in a thermos and sipped on throughout the day (supplementing you whole food meals of leafy greens, nuts and other vegetables)

DETOX DRINK RECIPES
Highly recommend the following. Most of these are pretty simple. From here on out, you're limited only by your imagination..

Look to use organic fruits/veggies when you juice. I don't eat organic all the time but Famine is a GREAT time to go organic. You only have to shop for 5 days worth of organic fruits/veggies and it'll be a nice way to evaluate how it feels/fits into your lifestyle:

Apple Carrot Juice

2 apples
6 carrots

Wash everything, peel the carrots and cut into sections where needed. Juice everything.

Carrot Anise Juice

8 carrots
2 anise stalks
3-4 celery stalks
2 apples

Wash and peel the carrots. Wash everything else, and cut up into sections if needed. Juice everything and enjoy.

Carrot Combination

2 1/2 lbs. carrots
1 beet with greens
1 stalk celery
1 large handful spinach
1 large handful parsley
1 green pepper
1 clove garlic
1 slice ginger

Wash and peel carrots. Clean and slice beet into thin wedges. Wash and dry spinach leaves and parsley. Juice half of the carrots and beet. Add remaining ingredients using the remaining carrots to push them through. Complete by juicing carrots.

Carrot, Celery, Cabbage Combo #1

3-4 Carrots
1-2 Celery stalks
small wedge cabbage

Wash all vegetables and juice.

Carrot, Celery, Cabbage Combo #2

2 carrots
2 cucumbers
2 stalks of celery
a piece of ginger
a handful of parsley
a piece of apple or citrus fruit
Wash all vegetables and juice.

I don't know if they fill me up as much as eating them. I do know they make me feel better. Something happens when the cell walls are broken, the enzymes release etc. I really need to look further into it. Jack Lalane is like 105 so I need to make that phone call fast.
HyperActive136

Post by HyperActive136 »

Awesome help Rob, however, i plan on using the juice that i can purchase to sip throughout the day (the concentrate or a large bottle of V8/V8 splash/V8 diet).this is the best solution i can come up with because i do not have a blender or juicer.

Is this acceptable ?

So to get things straight, all i have to do is space the foods out to reach my caloric goal for the day including a post workout + pre-bed snack with the foods in my list ?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Right and to clarify.. this is during Famine, not Feast.

A tip if you can swing it: Look into the Warior Diet...

4.) Diet suggestions include The Warrior Diet (warriordiet.com). In a nutshell, this radical strategy calls for fasting during the day, a small pre-workout meal of 200-300 calories from fruit, the depletion workout recommended and then eating the balance of your calories for the day during your post workout meal. Yes, it's difficult, but it does seem to do the job (and do it nicely) given our objective.

Ease into it by fasting until noon day one, and add an hour or so each day.

5.) Following is a list of “catabolic” foods that are ideal to consume:

FRUIT:
Black/Blueberries, Limes, Pineapple, Cantaloupe, Grapefruit, Oranges, Plums, Strawberries, Lemons, Raspberries, Pears-Bartlett, Watermelon

VEGETABLES:
Artichokes, Celery, Parsley leaves, Sweet Potato, Asparagus, Cucumbers,
Peppers, Tomato, Broccoli, Eggplant, Radishes, Zucchini, Brussels Sprouts,
Leeks - cooked, Spinach, Carrots, Lettuce
HyperActive136

Post by HyperActive136 »

I looked everything through and i guess the only question i have left is..

Should my post-workout meal consist of a small amount of protein ?

ALSO, how long before my workout does my pre-workout meal need to be?

This is all during famine...i love it already.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Pre-workout meal timing depends upon form/size.

If using liquid carbs, 30 min should suffice.

If using a solid meal, plan on more like 90 minutes

And correct on the protein levels - little to NONE in Famine, or as low as you can reasonably manage.