Kswimbledon's 1st Run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
kswimbledon

Kswimbledon's 1st Run

Post by kswimbledon »

Hello all. This is my first time posting in any forum ever, so sorry if my posts look a little weird.
I will start the Famine tomorrow.
My goal during this run is to recomp, in similar fashion to what sovabrat did.
Thanks to Rob for the awesome book, and for the answers you've provided via email, they've helped a lot. Thanks to all who read this, I know this log will help me stay disciplined.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Great to have you here and looking forward to following your first BP run!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Welcome aboard and right here to support you!
kswimbledon

Post by kswimbledon »

Day 1 began with a bang, as I did not get to work out due to me not being able to get into a gym (I normally work out with a buddy who's got a gym at his house, and he wasn't able to get free, and the school gym was closed for Memorial Day).
To compensate, I ran 4 miles, over the course of about 40 minutes. This was after going to the beach which always drains the crap out of me.
I hit my macros pretty well, with 1391 calories, through juiced drinks, and a salad.
I plan to make up my workout tomorrow, then go again Weds, and then Fri. Any suggestions if I should do otherwise?
Btw, Starting Weight: 176.8 (Measured 1st thing in the morning)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes, I wouldn't recommend performing the workouts back to back in Famine.

Post your starting weight and if possible, resting heart rate after the 2nd workout. I'll make the call on what to do from there.

Let's get this party started!
kswimbledon

Post by kswimbledon »

Day 2 Weight: 172.4
My resting heart rate is about 55 bpm. I did not get to measure it from before I started the famine, sorry, I know I should have.
What do you think?
The workout actually wasn't too hard, the last set of squats was the toughest.
I was definitely drained afterwards though, and it's tough to stay awake. Hunger pains aren't too bad either, though the cravings are. Mind over matter. On pace to hit my calories pretty well, maybe a little low so far today, but it can be made up.
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

Hey Man I am glad to see that my log has been helpful to someone. If you have any questions on what I did don't hesitate to ask. I will make it a habit to check your log daily and offer any insight that I can.

Post some pictures if you could or take measurements. Measurements is one thing I wish I would have done at the start. I plan to do it on my second run. I am just obsessed with data if you couldn't tell from my log.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

kswimbledon wrote:Day 2 Weight: 172.4
My resting heart rate is about 55 bpm. I did not get to measure it from before I started the famine, sorry, I know I should have.
What do you think?
I was definitely drained afterwards though, and it's tough to stay awake. Hunger pains aren't too bad either, though the cravings are. Mind over matter. On pace to hit my calories pretty well, maybe a little low so far today, but it can be made up.
eat vegetables in volume! grilled zucchini and mustard will work wonders!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great suggestions. Here's my feedback:

What do you think?

A. Too early to tell. That's a pretty good RHR though...

A. Things will soon be changing :)

I was definitely drained afterwards though, and it's tough to stay awake. Hunger pains aren't too bad either, though the cravings are. Mind over matter. On pace to hit my calories pretty well, maybe a little low so far today, but it can be made up

A. Typical feedback and indicative of the fact you're right on track :)
kswimbledon

Post by kswimbledon »

Sova- Thank you, I really appreciate it, I'm sure qs will be coming. I'm not much of a picture guy, but I will do some measurements either tonight, or tomorrow morning.
Big- That's a great idea, I'll look into picking some zucchini up. I've been making use of salsa on lettuce to curb my hunger.
Rob- Thank you, do you think working out tomorrow is a good idea?
kswimbledon

Post by kswimbledon »

Measurements:
Right Bicep: 15
Left Bicep: 14.25
Chest: 38
Waist: 32

Am I missing any? Not sure how/where to measure legs, and I've never done measurements before.

I would say I'm about 10% body fat, at 6 ft, and currently 172 lbs. My scale says I'm 18%, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong, as I can see a good outline of my abs without flexing, and got a 6 pack when I flex(well, a 5 pack, as the lower right isn't showing as well as the others, any exercises to help this?)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I wouldn't perform 2 Famine workouts back to back.

Suggest adding thigh circumfrence to this measurement list. Getting that last little bit of lower body fat off will reveal the full 6 pack, largely your diet and not training solution.
kswimbledon

Post by kswimbledon »

Ok, here we go.

Day 3, (Hump Day)
Weight: 171.8

Rob, sorry, did not get your suggestion, as I had an early morning workout, and did not check my computer. I went ahead and did it the workout, based off of your saying that my heart rate was in good shape.

The workout was really tough, felt amazing (I didn't actually feel good doing it, I just love that pain). Was out of breath to say the least afterwards, and definitely was not able to put up much weight.

I did not get hungry at all yesterday, which was a little weird. I decided to go with the warrior diet approach, which might not have been smart. Late in the day, I ate some pasta that my girlfriend's grandparents made (kind of had to eat it). I don't think it was too bad, just plain pasta baked with tomatoes. When I got home, I had a lot of lettuce and salsa, and I wonder if I ate too much (didn't feel like I did), because it lead to my weigh in this morning:
Day 4: 173
I was definitely carrying some extra luggage when I weighed from having ate so late. But Idk. I'm definitely going to do a better job today, not warrioring it either. Munching on a spinach, cilantro, avocado, and salsa salad as I type this. I'm probably gonna go for another run today to get cardio in.

Anyone else have trouble logging in to the forums? I figured out how by typing in the web address to go directly to the forums, then logging in, but I cannot log in from the main site.
kswimbledon

Post by kswimbledon »

Is thigh circumference measured around your hips, where your pants would normally sit? That's how I measure my waist, then was told that you gotta measure around where your belly button is to get your waist line. Both were 32 btw.