I'm gonna get hoooyggeeee.... MickMars' first run.

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
MickMars

I'm gonna get hoooyggeeee.... MickMars' first run.

Post by MickMars »

Hey, thought I'll just set this up first. Will be running famine stage in about 2 days.

Hope this works out.

Dominic.b
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Way to go dominic..

Here to answer any and all questions!
MickMars

Post by MickMars »

Alrighty then.

I got a some questions regarding training during Feast stage.

We should kickstart the training following the 5 workout plan, subsequently followed by the German loading method right?

For the German loading method, should I stick to 3 major exercises per workout, or can I train 1 body part per session? Previously I train 5 times a week (1 bodypart per week) doing pretty much DC/HIT style.

For the 5 workout plan, it is advised to spread out 1 day train, 2 days rest right? How about the German Loading Stage?

Oh yeah... another thing. For the diet during famine stage, I'm not very good at couting calories especially vegetables, can you please give me some pointers? I plan to load up on the V8 juice.
Swedishfish

Post by Swedishfish »

I can't speak to your training questions as I haven't really executed a full run through myself, although I have asked a lot of questions :D As far as tracking calories I find keeping an online log extremely helpful. I prefer fitday.com but there are a few out there, dailyburn is another people seem quite fond of. Helps keep track of calories, macros, and percentages of your calories.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Alrighty then...

Let's take this one step at a time, starting with Famine:

"Oh yeah... another thing. For the diet during famine stage, I'm not very good at couting calories especially vegetables, can you please give me some pointers? I plan to load up on the V8 juice".

If not into counting calories, it's best to leave each feeding feeling hungry. In fact, you should be quite hungry during this time. Remember, I named it famine for a reason :)

For the veggie portion/drinks.. consider the following:

Highly recommend the following. Most of these are pretty simple. From here on out, you're limited only by your imagination..

Look to use organic fruits/veggies when you juice. I don't eat organic all the time but Famine is a GREAT time to go organic. You only have to shop for 5 days worth of organic fruits/veggies and it'll be a nice way to evaluate how it feels/fits into your lifestyle:

Apple Carrot Juice

2 apples
6 carrots

Wash everything, peel the carrots and cut into sections where needed. Juice everything.

Carrot Anise Juice

8 carrots
2 anise stalks
3-4 celery stalks
2 apples

Wash and peel the carrots. Wash everything else, and cut up into sections if needed. Juice everything and enjoy.

Carrot Combination

2 1/2 lbs. carrots
1 beet with greens
1 stalk celery
1 large handful spinach
1 large handful parsley
1 green pepper
1 clove garlic
1 slice ginger

Wash and peel carrots. Clean and slice beet into thin wedges. Wash and dry spinach leaves and parsley. Juice half of the carrots and beet. Add remaining ingredients using the remaining carrots to push them through. Complete by juicing carrots.

Carrot, Celery, Cabbage Combo #1

3-4 Carrots
1-2 Celery stalks
small wedge cabbage

Wash all vegetables and juice.

Carrot, Celery, Cabbage Combo #2

2 carrots
2 cucumbers
2 stalks of celery
a piece of ginger
a handful of parsley
a piece of apple or citrus fruit
Wash all vegetables and juice.

I don't know if they fill me up as much as eating them. I do know they make me feel better. Something happens when the cell walls are broken, the enzymes release etc. I really need to look further into it. Jack Lalane is like 105 so I need to make that phone call fast.

FAMINE TRAINING

Here's a good sample that's closer to "by the book"

Monday

Legs, Back and Bi's with 2 minutes of rest between sets, 3 total sets for each movement in the 4-6 rep range. These should be structured as jump sets in the following fashion as follows.

- Squats with a weight that finds you able to perform 4-6 reps immediately into

- Seated cable rows for 4-6 rep range

Rest for approximately 2 minutes and repeat for 2 more rounds

Biceps

- Standing barbell curls for 4- 6 reps

REST 2 minutes

- Incline dumbell curls for 4-6 reps

REST 2 minutes

- Preacher curls for 4-6 reps

DONE

Wednesday

Chest, shoulders and tri's with 1 minute in between sets, 4 total sets for each movement in the 8-10 rep range. Jump set pairings should be as follows:

- Wide grip bench press for 8-10 reps immediately into
- Seated DB shoulder presses for 8-10 reps

Rest 1 minute in between sets and repeat 3 more times

Rest one minute and begin the following:

Triceps

- Decline close grip bench presses for 8-10 reps

REST 1 minute

- Skull crushers/lying tricep extensions for 8-10 reps

REST 1 minute

- Cable tricep pressdowns for 8-10 reps

DONE

Friday

Repeat Monday's workout but with this time with 5 sets and just 30 seconds between sets.

- Select a weight that puts you in the 12-15 rep range.

- This is absolutely brutal but it gets us to where we need to be in the specified 5 day timeframe.

You'll likely lose 1lb/day or thereabouts. Resting rate should eventually get to 8 bpm above baseline or therabouts by day 5.

Lecithin granuals are highly recommended during this time (thanks to Brain for this contribution) to ensure CNS is in tip-top shape for the rebound.

Hope that helps..
MickMars

Post by MickMars »

Thanks for the fast reply bro!

For the suggested organic juice, so instead of having a meal, I just drink that... meaning I have several of those per day right?

Another thing, during Famine phase, I pretty much have to zero out protein right, how about carbs? From the e-book you mentioned ketones coming into picture... for that to happen usually it's zero carbs? Meaning no fruits? Abit confused here.

Just gathering as much information as possible.
MickMars

Post by MickMars »

Sweet, my E-bol came in today!

So my plan goes something like this:-

Famine Stage: No supplements
Feast: Ebol + Size On intraworkout
Cruise: Thinking about adding some kind of test booster maybe?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Thanks Mars, I'm trying...

For the suggested organic juice, so instead of having a meal, I just drink that... meaning I have several of those per day right?

A. You'll have these in between or in place of a meal. Would never say don't eat real food. I'm not completely heartless :)

Another thing, during Famine phase, I pretty much have to zero out protein right, how about carbs? From the e-book you mentioned ketones coming into picture... for that to happen usually it's zero carbs? Meaning no fruits? Abit confused here.

A. Carbs should make up MOST of your diet. The point is, lowering protein and radically increasing physical demands. And that happens :)

Just gathering as much information as possible.

A. And I appreciate this. You're putting a lot into the BP. And the BP will return in kind :)
MickMars

Post by MickMars »

Okay, I'm gonna jump into Famine Stage tomorrow... feeling excited.
Anyway just a brief introduction:-

Years Training: 4 years (been logging my workouts for the past 2 years)
Training Method: 5 days per week, Yates style HIT ~ once hit a certain rep
weight will increase. Each workout improves from
previous either by reps or weight.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diet during Famine stage (5 days):
Total Targetted Calories: ~1500 - 1550 calories

Meal Plan:
Meal 1: 2 small apples + 1 orange
Meal 2: 1 cup grapes + 1 banana + 2 TB Peanut Butter
Meal 3: 1 orange + 2 TB Peanut Butter
Meal 4: 1 cup grapes + 2 small apples
Meal 5: 1 cup grapes + 1 orange
Meal 6: 2 small apples + 2 TB Peanut Butter

Throughout the day I will be sipping on some fruit + veg drink, and just incase my energy level is wayyyy too low I will snack on some oatmeal cookies, but of course that will be avoided so that this Famine stage can be treated as a detox stage as well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Supplements:
Lecithin.
GABA.
Fibre supplements with various goodies (papaya enzyme+spirolina etc.) taken 3 times per day.
Workout:

Tomorrows Workout:
Squats supersetted with Dumbbell Rows - (3sets, 4-6 reps)
BB curl -> Incline DB -> Machine Preacher - (2 minutes rest in between,
4-6 reps)

***Cardio:
I plan to do cardio only twice within these 5 days, in between weight training days. 1 hour per session. Is it okay? or should I do it more often?

That's all for now, please comment if you find anything wrong with my plan above... like I said; I take bodybuilding veryyy seriously =)
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Mick you are dialed in man famine is not that bad really just stay focused on the long term goal and the 5 days will be up before you know it.
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

good luck man. It really isnt hard in famine until day 4.
MickMars

Post by MickMars »

Thanks for the support guys!

I am still abit unclear about the training during Feast stage. After the initial 5 workouts; do you continue to train the big 3's only or do you proceed to train by bodypart?
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

There is a lot of flexibility in the training but I think the answer to your questions is after the 5 workouts and you establish your 1Rep Max So you can then begin one of the loading patterns outlined in the Ebook(german loading, 10% solution or whatever). Those loading patterns focus on big bar lifts Bench/Squat and Deads. If you use those loading patterns you will have a proven and methodical training regimen that works(never seen one log where it hasn't). Now the beauty of the BP is that you can pretty much do what you want. My advice is that you stay consistent , take notes, measure and log your workouts and strive to improve each w/o over the previous.

Works for me
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

I agree with Hank. Based my on my understanding of the BP and experience using an ECDY, I would say concentrate on the big lifts after you get our 1RM. In addition to the loading pattern you can implement other more isolated exercises. The BP stressed loaded stretch movements because ECDY really shines when given these stresses.

You can do straight sets with bicep curls for example or do a pyramid loading pattern similar to how you do the big lift. Just make sure you are doing the big lifts first in your workout and giving them 100% effort. The rest is flexible.