Resting before BP Run..

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You may do cardio but take care to ensure it's nothing too demanding per se.

I know I keep hammering this point but please take that waking heart rate each morning. Automatic blood pressure cuff at CVS is my favorite. Measures not only that but your heart rate too!

https://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/search/search ... SRCH:blood pressure cuff

Get the CVS brand as its the cheapest. Also, make sure to pick up the large cuff.

If you don't need it now, you will shortly!
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

RobRegish wrote:You may do cardio but take care to ensure it's nothing too demanding per se.

I know I keep hammering this point but please take that waking heart rate each morning. Automatic blood pressure cuff at CVS is my favorite. Measures not only that but your heart rate too!

https://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/search/search ... SRCH:blood pressure cuff

Get the CVS brand as its the cheapest. Also, make sure to pick up the large cuff.

If you don't need it now, you will shortly!
Cool, i think i just need some permission from an expert to let myself do that

Funny that you should say that about cuff size. Recently bought a armband to hold my ipod while training and the sumbitch IS to small.. damn fatceps
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

I will help Rob reiterate this point. My first run I was on and off during my week off. I was restless and went to the gym and did a hard run. I believe this contributed to my delayed traction coming out of the famine.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Thanks Draco, I am going to have a lot of questions in the next week and though Ive read BP twice my ADD is so bad i may ask stuff i already know.

I am hoping someone layed out a nice chart of the Work Out for famine week and will be kind enough to share. push pull MWF and cardio tu - th?

My goal using Blueprint will be to lose FAT i do not care if i gain weight as long as my BF% is dropping

So far i know this during famine

No supplements other than a multi(which i dont take)
Protein intake as low as possible (under 50gms a day is my goal)
Calorie intake 8x LBM (to lose weight ) 261lbs (at 25%bf) so 195 x8 1566 calories that is a big deficit from my current 2500+ daily
i will increase water intake from 1gallon up to about 2 per day
when resting pulse is 6 bpm above baseline I know im in the zone

things i need to buy this week

Multistix
Lecithin
an ecdy (still up in the air) ka or ebol
and aditional adaptengen?
maybe a stim?

love some advise or feed back
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Here you go sir...

Monday

Legs, Back and Bi's with 2 minutes of rest between sets, 3 total sets for each movement in the 4-6 rep range. These should be structured as jump sets in the following fashion as follows.

- Squats with a weight that finds you able to perform 4-6 reps immediately into

- Seated cable rows for 4-6 rep range

Rest for approximately 2 minutes and repeat for 2 more rounds

Biceps

- Standing barbell curls for 4- 6 reps

REST 2 minutes

- Incline dumbell curls for 4-6 reps

REST 2 minutes

- Preacher curls for 4-6 reps

DONE

Wednesday

Chest, shoulders and tri's with 1 minute in between sets, 4 total sets for each movement in the 8-10 rep range. Jump set pairings should be as follows:

- Wide grip bench press for 8-10 reps immediately into
- Seated DB shoulder presses for 8-10 reps

Rest 1 minute in between sets and repeat 3 more times

Rest one minute and begin the following:

Triceps

- Decline close grip bench presses for 8-10 reps

REST 1 minute

- Skull crushers/lying tricep extensions for 8-10 reps

REST 1 minute

- Cable tricep pressdowns for 8-10 reps

DONE

FRIDAY

Repeat Monday's workout but with this time with 5 sets and just 30 seconds between sets.

- Select a weight that puts you in the 12-15 rep range.

- This is absolutely brutal but it gets us to where we need to be in the specified 5 day timeframe.

You've got the diet/supp recommendations down almost perfectly. Resting rate should eventually get to 8 bpm above baseline or therabouts by day 5.

Lecithin granuals are highly recommended during this time (thanks to Brain for this contribution) to ensure CNS is in tip-top shape for the rebound.

You will likely benefit from a good stim. If looking for something not too rattling and a FINE adaptogen/CNS nourisher in it's own right, please look into Burn It Up!. If it's horsepower you're looking for, just add additional caffeine. I think you'll really enjoy it all on it's own though. The combination of generously dosed PeakATP, MACA, Phosphatidylserine etc. is an incredible adaptogen/nootropic.

This is a legit category killer supp and MASS dd a great job on the re-formulation.

The Multistix will be invaluable and will be a real eye opener for you, both in the Famine and the Feast!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

And great point Draco. Appreciate you sharing..

Cardio should be nothing too taxing during this time. Certainly any HIIT type routine should be out of the question.

Everyone should take great care not to experience Draco is referring to: delayed traction. Draco found his way out of it but it'll leave you really down for a bit.

Learn, Share, Grow is more than a slogan. We're all here to help out and you're seeing it in action here...
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

thanks rob, i feel kinda dumb now that i see it spelled out lol but i fully understand it now..i am getting excited

Picked up bp cuff today too thanks for advice
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Sure thing.

Please, ALWAYS feel free to ask for clarification where needed. Doing so helps me refine BP to make sure my next customer finds it's easier understood.

With regard to your specific question.... I wanted a board to get people's questions answered. I recently re-read The Blueprint and it's an incredible amount of information to digest. You guys deserve a forum to get your questions answered. I used to hate buying courses and then the course seller was done with me.

You'll find none of that here.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Rob thanks for the help again

Ordered Power Pack 2 Bottles of KA and 1 Burn it up plus DHEA and the Alkalizing Probiotic

This rest week messes with my head, all this extra time on my hands