Famine Phase Diet - The quick and dirty guide

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Famine Phase Diet - The quick and dirty guide

Post by RobRegish »

I'm big on efficiency. I hate food shopping, preparing, cleanup etc. Life is busy enough so here's a quick way around all of that nonsense...

1.) Go to grocery store
2.) Buy 5 large bottles of low sodium V-8, 5 bags of mixed fruit and 5 bags of mixed vegetables
3.) Consume one bottle of V-8, one bag of mixed fruit and one bag of mixed veggies each day.

You're also going to want to pick up a generous supply of Charmin. Trust me, you'll need it :D
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

It's really a positive modified high fiber fast on one hand, if you look at it that way (and I do prefer doing so).

The detox and "cleaning out" is a big, positive part of setting the stage IMO.

I use a lot of herbal tea during the famine week, also. "Stomach Ease" (by, I think Yogi Tea) is one I've found that really adds yet another positive layer to the process.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You know, that's a good point and one I probably undersold in The Blueprint.

I was looking at it from an anti-catabolic activation standpoint and how best to set the table for adaptogen use. The health benefits are many, and I'm beginning to appreciate them now that I'm aging...
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

I'm not in any way discounting that the key during the phase is the catabolic signal. There is no doubt it is central to setting the stage.

The detox adds an additional positive layer, though, I am convinced.
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

I did try a homemade juice diet thing for a week, and it was actually pretty cool when I was sticking to it. Sadly, my roommate at the time was well over 300 lbs. and cooked all sorts of meats and pastas with gobs of spices and mixings, so it was hard to stick to it when everybody else was pigging out.

This however keeps everything simple and concise. If I can get my hands on a mixer I can once again have that 100% apple juice that's actually 100% apple juice...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Appreciate your feedback Zman. Please let us know how it goes.

Personally, I don't notice much in scale weight dropping until day 3. By day 5 though, it's not unusual for me to be down 5-6lbs.

Then it gets fun :P
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

RobRegish wrote:Appreciate your feedback Zman. Please let us know how it goes.

Personally, I don't notice much in scale weight dropping until day 3. By day 5 though, it's not unusual for me to be down 5-6lbs.

Then it gets fun :P
Pretty much the same with me too. Once I started "feeling" the effects, I started dropping weight. I probably lost almost 10 pounds by the end of things.

Granted I was helping a galpal move so I was in constant motion for two days. But still, it was lost. Gained it right back when I started eating my old habits of course.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

So ZMan, may I ask what your goals are with The Blueprint and how I might help?
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

RobRegish wrote:So ZMan, may I ask what your goals are with The Blueprint and how I might help?
My goals are mainly to trim up and just be all around a healthier, fitter person. I'm smart enough to know that the fuel you put into yourself plays a main factor in how well you're able to perform. Much like putting the 85 octane fuel into your car vs the 99 octane premium stuff.

So while "get more fit" may be a generic, general answer, it's pretty much it. I've never been a big weight lifting guy, but there's no excuse why I can't trim up. The tennis player build rather than the bodybuilder build.

If that makes any sense.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I see. And it does make sense.

There are several strategies you can pull out of The Blueprint to get in shape/healthier, and you've touched upon one here. In fact, that's a great idea. I'll try and put together a short list for people interested in fat loss, general health etc..

Thank you. You're helping me learn...
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

RobRegish wrote:I see. And it does make sense.

There are several strategies you can pull out of The Blueprint to get in shape/healthier, and you've touched upon one here. In fact, that's a great idea. I'll try and put together a short list for people interested in fat loss, general health etc..

Thank you. You're helping me learn...
This is genuinely exciting for me to read and learn like this. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. While I haven't been following The Blueprint at this point, I have been reading it several times over and taking it in. My Russian heritage certainly piqued my interest when reading about the Soviet history.

Right now I'm on day three without any soda, and have mainly been taking in canned fruits, V8, homemade sammiches and the occasional trip to Subway.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

This is a great start. I'd say don't change a thing. Let's stick with what you're doing for two weeks and just set little goals.

At the end of week 2 you get a "free" day, where you eat/drink whatever the heck you want. Then we'll take the next step. Nothing drastic, just slight tweaks every couple of weeks.

Keep up the good work!
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

RobRegish wrote:This is a great start. I'd say don't change a thing. Let's stick with what you're doing for two weeks and just set little goals.

At the end of week 2 you get a "free" day, where you eat/drink whatever the heck you want. Then we'll take the next step. Nothing drastic, just slight tweaks every couple of weeks.

Keep up the good work!
Good to hear I'm doing something good. I think you get the logic. Gotta stand before you can walk, and walk before you can run. And since I started on the 1st, that means the 14th is the target day. :D
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Please keep us updated!