re: dementia

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
BrainSquirt

re: dementia

Post by BrainSquirt »

Have you tried
MCT oil (or high quality coconut oil) ? (Best in the AM)
You'll have to run trials for him. Some do better on MCT. Others do better on organic coconut oil. (and others only respond to Axona)

Phosphatidylserine ? (best after noon)

hth. ...can't remember anything else right now :wink:

All the best
badmoonrising80

Post by badmoonrising80 »

nope, haven tried it,

but looking for alternatives.

organic coconut oil, check.

Phosphatidylserine? Can you explain why best in the afternoon?

Thanks!
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

Accidentally started a new thread… glad you picked up on that :)
Can you explain why best in the afternoon?
Using “best” was not the best choice of words

The ‘Pharma’ (/ medical) paradigm is to keep a steady level of a substance in body all the time.
In my paradigm, nutrients and nutraceuticals should not be dosed to and held at constant levels 24/7…ie for example with the idea of dosing MCT’s, in my model, ‘chronic ketosing’ would not have sustainable benefits… and timed daily loading of MCT’s has just as good a chance of helping him show and experience some of his previous, ‘normal’ self as does maintaining 24/7 levels – without the risks…

With the PS, same deal… body has daily (cortisol) cycles, etc. and rather than blunt them completely you are better off helping their down or up cycle at certain times of his day with the nutrient.

so to rephrase - those are good (best :twisted: ) times to start trials of finding the 'best' (and restricted) times for him…

hth
If you need to discuss this further, please PM me an offsite email address… just because I haven’t ended up in a mental hospital yet (like Rob :razzRazz: :lol:) doesn’t mean my ways and ideas are not way many deviations out on the tail of the curve… and generally, it’s better to keep topics in this forum on optimizing physical performance during the primes of our lives…

All the best
badmoonrising80

Post by badmoonrising80 »

thanks man,

will give all these suggestions a go and see if we can single some things out.

Will shoot you a pm if I have more questions.

a lot of smart and helpfull guys on this board, this is great.

much appreciated!