BCAA Intraworkout - Feel Terrible

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
Mattlaw30

BCAA Intraworkout - Feel Terrible

Post by Mattlaw30 »

I drink about 20 grams of BCAA's during my workout and I find that around the 30 min mark I start to feel lousy. I know BCAA's can cause an insiline spike so are there ways to blunt this? Drink the BCAA's slower or maybe have some fat pre-workout like some coconut oil?
aron7awol

Re: BCAA Intraworkout - Feel Terrible

Post by aron7awol »

Mattlaw30 wrote:I drink about 20 grams of BCAA's during my workout and I find that around the 30 min mark I start to feel lousy. I know BCAA's can cause an insiline spike so are there ways to blunt this? Drink the BCAA's slower or maybe have some fat pre-workout like some coconut oil?
Hmm, I always experienced nausea if I had a protein shake right before or during my workout, and I found that BCAAs gave me similar benefit without the nausea. You could try drinking all of your BCAAs before your workout and see if that helps. Otherwise, I'd try lowering the dose and see if that eliminates your issues.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Ideally you do not want to spike insulin immediately when you workout because this nullifies the release of growth hormone. Glucose around 30 mins into the workout will shut off the rise in cortisol levels and will still allow the release of GH early in the workout...
austinb37

Post by austinb37 »

I have had the same problem. Too many BCAAs at once make me feel really sick. I have found that I need to drink 20+ grams of BCAAs over a period of 1-2 hours sipping slowly. Do NOT drink 20+ grams at once otherwise you will feel terrible. Also adding carbs to your pre and intra workout meal/drink will help this.