One arm chin-up

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
CraigoBucks

One arm chin-up

Post by CraigoBucks »

Rob I heard you on SHR talking about doing one arm chin-ups. Sounds like a great challenge I'd like to do. Any suggestions on excersises and training to do them?
Street-dreams

Post by Street-dreams »

get the book convict conditioning.. there is a progression in there that leads up to one arm pull ups
wtmarcus

Post by wtmarcus »

RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

What these guys said... :)

Ain't easy, and I'm not there - YET!!!
CraigoBucks

Post by CraigoBucks »

Ordered the book yesterday!
MHeath

Post by MHeath »

CraigoBucks wrote:Ordered the book yesterday!
Can you please tell me that where did you order that book???
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Try Dragondoor.com or Amazon.com.

The 1 arm chins I had a brick wall on, step #7 I think it is = half one arm chins! I think it's my grip, so doing some hanging towel work right now. Everything else is progressing nicely, especially handstand pushups.

Man, you get some WEIRD looks doing those! :) They do build incredible shoulders though, and are TOUGH! Moreso than any method, you just need to keep plugging away on these CC workouts. My conditioning is one HELL of a lot better today because of it, as are my joints.

Well worth it!
CraigoBucks

Post by CraigoBucks »

I bought it off amazon, I've been reading it the last couple of days and can't wait to get started. I also bought Brooks Kubic's book Dinosaur Bodyweight training and it looks to be a great book too. I'll definitely be adding some of this stuff to my workouts.

Rob I watched a show about a UFC fighter and he was doing pullups with tennis balls in his hands to increase his grip strength. Have you ever tried that? I've been meaning to try it and see if it works.