KasRock - Getting ready for my first run..

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
kasrock

KasRock - Getting ready for my first run..

Post by kasrock »

Hey everyone!
I have to admit it took me some days to digest all the info from BP 2.0 but today I finally got my kre-anabolyn and the rest of supplements so I think i will be starting my first run on moday.

I am 28 years old, I have been working out for a couple of years now but I started really serious about 4 months ago with also a very healthy diet.
I am 5'10 (180cm) and weight 174lbs, with an average of 10% bodyfat.

I just want to shoot some questions to have everything clear for my start:

1) I haven't done squats nor deadlifts for a previous back injures, my back is ok now, but i dont know how strong it is... so should I try to make them anyway now, or shall I do replacement exercises?

2) Which should be the frequency to do the 5 first workouts in feast phase?

3) The formula is only for training days, and during rest days is only protein and kre-anabolyn?

For now that would be all :-)

Thanks!!
Big.jazayrli

Re: KasRock - Getting ready for my first run..

Post by Big.jazayrli »

kasrock wrote: 1) I haven't done squats nor deadlifts for a previous back injures, my back is ok now, but i dont know how strong it is... so should I try to make them anyway now, or shall I do replacement exercises?

2) Which should be the frequency to do the 5 first workouts in feast phase?

3) The formula is only for training days, and during rest days is only protein and kre-anabolyn?
1) I would start out light on your first run through and determine how high you can work without pain. If it doesn't hurt, keep going!

2) Try to listen to your body in terms of what you can handle. I personally can do 1on/1off but my training capacity is higher than most

3) correct!
kasrock

Post by kasrock »

Big.jazayrli wrote:
1) I would start out light on your first run through and determine how high you can work without pain. If it doesn't hurt, keep going!

2) Try to listen to your body in terms of what you can handle. I personally can do 1on/1off but my training capacity is higher than most

3) correct!
Thanks Big.jazayrli!

Wish me good luck with my back, I am quite excited about starting and I don't want to go too easy on it neither, but I will try to be carefull though.

... I dont have a spooter neither any tips on how i will manage some of the absolut failure routines?
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

kasrock wrote:Hey everyone!

1) I haven't done squats nor deadlifts for a previous back injures, my back is ok now, but i dont know how strong it is... so should I try to make them anyway now, or shall I do replacement exercises?
I don't mess with barbell squats either...I use the V-Squat Hammer strength machine...I also LOVE using that for standing calf raises too...gets your calves diesel!!
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

kasrock wrote:
Big.jazayrli wrote:

3) correct!
Thanks Big.jazayrli!

Wish me good luck with my back, I am quite excited about starting and I don't want to go too easy on it neither, but I will try to be carefull though.

... I dont have a spooter neither any tips on how i will manage some of the absolut failure routines?
1) Ask someone to spot. This works 95% of the time. (The other 5% of the time, everyone is either too busy, too much of a dick, or as happened to me last week: you are the ONLY one in the gym)

2) Lift in a power rack. This works 100% of the time.
kasrock

Post by kasrock »

matter2003 wrote:
I don't mess with barbell squats either...I use the V-Squat Hammer strength machine...I also LOVE using that for standing calf raises too...gets your calves diesel!!
Humm... That one look like a nice machine, but they don't have it at my gym :cry:
Linkiroth wrote:
1) Ask someone to spot. This works 95% of the time. (The other 5% of the time, everyone is either too busy, too much of a dick, or as happened to me last week: you are the ONLY one in the gym)

2) Lift in a power rack. This works 100% of the time.
Yeah! that's the thing, I 'm usually the first one in the gym, since I go to work at 8am...

How different would it be to do the bench presses with dumbells instead of barbell?
kasrock

Post by kasrock »

kasrock wrote:
How different would it be to do the bench presses with dumbells instead of barbell?
No one???
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

My 2 cents:

Dumbbells Pros: Dumbbells are great to work smaller stabilizers muscle.

Dumbbells Cons: can gets difficult to get in position with super heavy dumbbells

Barbell Pros: you usually can push more weight

Barbell Cons: You need a spotter

My way of doing it: barbell for static hold and loading pattern (alpha strength) , dumbbells for EDT block (beta strength)
kasrock

Post by kasrock »

Thank you so much bigpelo!

That was what I needed it to know! :D
kasrock

Post by kasrock »

Just and update...
I had planned to start tomorrow but because of work I had to rush and start today cause I didnt want to wait til thursday, anyway... I did it without thinking about the diet, and by the time I started I had already eaten 60gr of protein, but I did the workout very well, I feel extremly tired, and hungry so I guess that is a good indicator...

It went well with the squats, altough I did them in the smith machine, but it felt great, no pain in my back and full feeling in my legs... :wink:
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

kasrock wrote: It went well with the squats, altough I did them in the smith machine, but it felt great, no pain in my back and full feeling in my legs... :wink:
I would highly recommend to NEVER do squats in a smith machine as it is a very unnatural motion because you are locked into a straight line...very bad for squats in particular...good way to permanently jack your back up in a bad way...
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

matter2003 wrote:
kasrock wrote: It went well with the squats, altough I did them in the smith machine, but it felt great, no pain in my back and full feeling in my legs... :wink:
I would highly recommend to NEVER do squats in a smith machine as it is a very unnatural motion because you are locked into a straight line...very bad for squats in particular...good way to permanently jack your back up in a bad way...
Completely agree with mater2003 on this one! I hurt both my knees in my early lifting era doing squat in a smith machine with shims under heels...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

bigpelo wrote:
matter2003 wrote:
Completely agree with mater2003 on this one! I hurt both my knees in my early lifting era doing squat in a smith machine with shims under heels...
Right here.. big.pelo, pulling a "Rob" - again!!

Thanks so much man, you have no idea how much this helps me/us.. :) :) :)
kasrock

Post by kasrock »

Wow thanks for the tip on the smith machine! I thought I was safer there... :?
Today I did my second famine workout... first thing in the morning... Not good... I did not manage to complete almost any set... my repetitions wouldn't go further than 6-7... I have no energy! and days are so incredible long when you can sleep only 6 hours!
I feel terrible for not being able to do the workout the way I was suppose to... I also have muscle soreness from the first workout :cry:
.. I cant wait to be done with my famine... it's been harder than I thought...

By the way are all the workouts in the BP so short? around 35min, or is it only in famine?