Some of you may know me as I'm a legend.. but here's round 1

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
bigla2004

Some of you may know me as I'm a legend.. but here's round 1

Post by bigla2004 »

Hey everyone,

First off happy holidays. A lot of you may know me as I used to be a ThermoLife rep and a pretty active member of nolinksplease.com's community. While it's my senior year in college and priorities and life are taking precedent so I have been inactive. However, this place looks to be my next home.

I have read all the stickies and links, as well as the blueprint (a midnight christmas present to myself). I like the no bs and positive community over here (I know Rob wouldn't go for anything different).

I used to be pretty strong.. but have since suffered some minor injuries and lack of consistency in the gym. Some highlights include, 315 x 3 bench press from pins at my chest, 475 x 5 deficit deadlifts, and 365 x 4 to a parallel box (my squats always have sucked) at a bodyweight of about 190. I was training for powerlifting. Since then my weight has increased to 210 or so, but hey all the same pants fit albeit a little tighter than I'd like, and i still have some visible abs so I haven't totally let myself go. However, it's time to get back into it. My strength is not a priority anymore but looks are. I'm on a quest to get a big yoke (shoulders / traps) and arms as I think my back width and chest are satisfactory for what I feel. I may tailor my first run to increasing that but we'll see what rob thinks.

Although I haven't been regularly lifting, this week I will just sit on my ass and measure my heart rate per the BP's suggestion. Then Monday the third the famine begins. I'm sure I'll have some questions, although most seems very clear right meow so we shall see.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and you all should know I'm an insane call of duty black ops player
bigla2004

Post by bigla2004 »

Now that I think about it.. my training has been so infrequent lately I may just start the famine tomorrow.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

bigla2004 wrote:Now that I think about it.. my training has been so infrequent lately I may just start the famine tomorrow.
welcome to the dark side ;)

We're here for you in anything you need!
bigla2004

Post by bigla2004 »

Thanks jaz. I must say I'm a bit of a skeptic but after reading I can see where the program has it's upsides. Yourself and UWbodybuilding were really what I followed to push me over the edge. Congrats on the monster squatting
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

bigla2004 wrote:Thanks jaz. I must say I'm a bit of a skeptic but after reading I can see where the program has it's upsides. Yourself and UWbodybuilding were really what I followed to push me over the edge. Congrats on the monster squatting
I assure you you won't regret the decision

my main advice: no supps the first time through so you can get your body tip top and know what you gain from a cycle

also run it as per the suggestions in the book. I.e. 3 days of workout for famine, then the HIT for the first 5 days of feast, followed by GLPI
bigla2004

Post by bigla2004 »

I was going to do that as I believe that is what mixle thought was best. However, I was definitely leaning towards supplements (I have extra e-bol) as I know how it affects my body.
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Well, I hope you're surprisingly enlightened. I know I felt like I was on top of the world when I did my first run.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

bigla2004 wrote:I was going to do that as I believe that is what mixle thought was best. However, I was definitely leaning towards supplements (I have extra ebol ecdy) as I know how it affects my body.
Do whatever you think is best (obviously)

I just think its best to go the first time through with just the basics
bigla2004

Post by bigla2004 »

No I understand, I know what you mean
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

All welcome bigla2004!!!!

Friend of BP from long ago, I've been wondering where/how you've been! Glad to hear you're OK. Infrequent training you say? I'm the current king of that lately. I've been reading, writing, answering questions on so many boards etc. I've barely had time to train. So much so, I'm working on a new project!! That's right, a bare bones/minimal frequency/max insanity routine designed for the multi-tasking screwball this country turns you into - and STILL make gains :)

Your goals are just that, your goals. You spec them out for me and I'm here to help. Every day in fact. Given your history I'd opt to jump back on the supps and enjoy the magnified muscle memory.

I must say, I'm most pleased you're here to Learn, Share and Grow right along with us!!!
bigla2004

Post by bigla2004 »

RobRegish wrote:All welcome bigla2004!!!!

Friend of BP from long ago, I've been wondering where/how you've been! Glad to hear you're OK. Infrequent training you say? I'm the current king of that lately. I've been reading, writing, answering questions on so many boards etc. I've barely had time to train. So much so, I'm working on a new project!! That's right, a bare bones/minimal frequency/max insanity routine designed for the multi-tasking screwball this country turns you into - and STILL make gains :)

Your goals are just that, your goals. You spec them out for me and I'm here to help. Every day in fact. Given your history I'd opt to jump back on the supps and enjoy the magnified muscle memory.

I must say, I'm most pleased you're here to Learn, Share and Grow right along with us!!!
Thanks for the warm welcome Rob. Looking forward to giving this my all and really giving it a fair shake. The reading reminds me of a lot of principles I have employed to get to where I am. Albeit in different orders a lot of similarities to what I've had success w/ and studied in theory. KIND OF reminds me of a sophisticated version of Block Periodization for hypertrophy.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

There's a reason for that :)

I studied Rick Brunner's work extensively while writing Blueprint. If you'll recall, Brunner ran a company called Atletika back in the late 80's and distributed a product called "Retibol" - one of the very first legit RCE based products ever in this country.

He also distributed Mumie, Pantocrine and various other adaptogens but most importantly.... wrote about how to best utilize them.

I took the best of the best from everywhere and rolled them up into one nice little package for you in The BP. And Brunner's stuff was among the best IMO..
bigla2004

Post by bigla2004 »

Resting Heart Rate: 65
Bodyweight: 205

today, protein is the devil. Famine wo #1 coming later. HERE WE GO!
bigla2004

Post by bigla2004 »

Famine Workout #1

Deep Squats - no belt
185 x 6 / 205 x 6 / 205 x 6

jump setted with

Neutral Grip Pullups
bw x 6 / bw x 6 / bw x 6

*felt like death after these and dry heaved.. my conditioning has gone to shit and my squats feel weak w/ no belt. Also, I must mention to you all I really loathe squatting due to my long legs and body proportions*

barbell curl x 6
db incline curl x 8
db hammer curl x 10