BP Run Take One...

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Let me add that 400iu of Vitamin D with every meal at the first sign of any cold/flu sore throat symptom has proven very effective at knocking it out before it really catches hold.

I had one try to snare me several weeks ago and I wiped it out completely in a day and a half by adding extra D and bumping up my usual daily supp regimen.
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Thanks guys. And Soreness.... ......Whoa nelly! Soreness has arrived, and it arrived quicker than usual. Definately in my lats, little bit in the tri's, traps, and lower back. That was expected as I haven't done direct back training for a while. I could see yesterday the wear on the lower back. I'll think about it, my streamline gym does'nt offer too many alt training methods. We do have a dip belt...??? I'll see. For the first time in my lifting history I am loving the squat. And yes if I don't feel well, or still sore, I am learning that an extra day off won't stunt my growth.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah, and on the soreness remember.... it was from just 1-2 work sets! Nice work.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

"I am learning that an extra day off won't stunt my growth"

I remember when I learned this. Was even more surprised to learn more time off meant more growth/strength.

That's when I signed up for Mike Mentzer's phone consultation/personal training service to learn more. Glad I did it before he passed away.
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

I am also that guy that doesn't "ease" into things. I just go for it. About a year or so ago I really agrivated my knee so I stayed off heavy legs for around three weeks. When the time came I hit it hard and heavy. I actually had difficulty walking especially up and down stairs for a few days, sore for 5 or 6.
And the cave man said "Me not much smart, but me lift big rocks!"
Yeah I've had my moments, but try to gain even from the dumb......... espescially the dumb.

BTW just for fun I plugged my reps and weight from yesterday into the 1RM calculator. Bench was a rep or two low but the squat exceeded. Thought that was interesting.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Hey Draco, I know that same Cave Man!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I know this cave man dude too. I think we all do.

Double edged sword but I'll tell you what... I'd rather have this "problem" vs. the guy who has trouble getting motivated. You can teach a lot of things... but you can't teach motivation.

You were dealt a great hand Draco. Lots of motivation, ambition and a willingness to try new things. Same as me. The Blueprint will provide the framework to play that hand as best you can.

So stick with me, we've got a lot of cards to play..
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

The soreness is pretty much gone. My sore throat is gone but it slightly moved into the lungs. A little bit of coughing at night but feel pretty good during the day. The plan is to wait until Sat. morning for the next workout.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Smart move on waiting a day... hope the cold resolves itself. Looking forward to hearing about how it went!
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Had to check twice but weighed in at 231.
Bench to pullover warm up the same
135x10-50x10~225x1-60x1~265x1-70x1~285x1-80x1 4min rest
305 x 7, six were solid seventh required very little help according to my spotter no forced rep today followed by 8 pullovers with 90lb dumbell, these felt great.
Squat/deadlift warm up 205x10-155x10~295x1-243x1~335x1-309x1___5min break___370x8 full depth 30sec rest 329x5 deadlift
That was tough. Felt I maybe could have done one more squat but hate buckleing on a squat. No sitting today, walk it off then put weights away.
No other sets today, I had time limitations. This felt pretty good. I do feel I should have pushed at least one more rep out of my squat and maybe a forced rep with my bench. I was feeling the "rush" after those deadlifts though.
I did have a little coughing spell in the middle of the night. I feel fine today, throat is a little rough from the coughing and the grunting on my final reps of squat and deadlift. :x
I will continue eating, drinking and supps as usual.
Done with the Morph-not impressed will not purchase
Samples in hand: Nitro AKG from MASS; Anabolic Rush from AST-
Tried Purple InTrain- no review-no purchase
Next week I push harder, no maybes.
Both are improvements on the caculator
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Nice work.

If I'm not mistaken, you had set a goal of 230lbs way back when and stand at 231lbs now. Outstanding.

And you're right, your lifts put into the 1RM calculator show improvements as well. Smart move on not pushing it too hard on that last rep of squats. I'll tell you wny..... the only thing that could ruin this is an injury.

Therefore, for the remaining workouts please consider taking a 10 min break between the SQ and Dimel deadlift/stiff legged deads. You're in uncharted territory now, and you've earned it.

I'd stick with the frequency format you're using now. Perhaps even inserting an EXTRA rest day. Why? Every time you've done it you've been rewarded with more size and strength. Amazing, isn't it? The product of The Blueprint harnessing the adaptive energies generated by the Famine. Yes, the residuals are still being felt..

I see further gains before transitioning to our next adventure. More on that tranistion in a few weeks..
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Yes an injury would put a damper on progress. Sometimes I forget about that potential. I will be careful, and give a break between sq and dl.
Sideline note: More questions and comments at the gym. Always good...
Fun Note: At a fundraiser last night for the local childrens hospital, German theme and a stein holding contest. Loaded stein held straight out straight armed tourny style bracket. Final round one in each hand cross style. Pulled it out, won $50 gift certificate. First time my training "paid" off. All fun and for a good cause.
More to come..........
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Glad to hear it! Sometimes, I need to be reminded to have fun with this stuff too...

Draco, I'm curious....

What kind of questions are people asking?
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

The biggest question is people wondering why they don't see me in the gym everyday. I used to be in the gym 5 days a week for a couple of hours at a time. So I explain the program a bit, the frequency, and some of the research/reading you have suggested. Articles from Sisco, and Staley, different excercises, different workouts, and the suggestion of over training. I let them know the gains I've made in a relatively short amount of time.
A guy I hadn't seen for a while was shaking his head telling me "You're gettin big man!"
Questions about diet and foods. While I was on the famine there were questions as to why, and benifits.
Supplements are always a topic. The list goes on... I need some business cards from you and Mass to give people that are willing to look into this stuff, especially if I land that job at the gym. Like you said the proof is in the progress. If they can see results in me they may be more willing to try it themselves. I always make time for questions and bs outside my sets or when I'm done. I shake hands with a lot of people at the gym and hang around to spot and talk when I can.