matter2003 Journal/Introduction

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Feast Bridge Workout #2

Ankle is just about 100%...very very slight discomfort when I walk up and down stairs...hardly noticeable, but it is still there nonetheless...should be gone after another day or two. Sunday planning to start back with legs again...

Decline Bench Press: 255lbs X 4 reps/225lbs x 1 rep---could have easily done more, still having issues with my left pectoral near armpit. Felt like it was gonna rip today so I backed off. Right side was pushing it up like nothing, had at least 4 or 5 more reps in me, other than my left side. I guess if the muscle is bruised from the crutches, it would follow that it likely has some type of damage to it already...probably need to back off a little until it heals up. Looks like H.E.M. treatment for my Pec is coming up!!!

Skipped Heavy pullover due to pec issue...

Seated Row: 200lbs x 8 reps. Grip failing, not back..had a few more reps in me, unfortunately grip didn't hold. Still pretty close to a PR for me...

Biceps Preacher Curl(Hammer Strength): 140 lbs x 8 reps---felt really strong doing these, likely could have added about 10 lbs...very close to a PR...

Triceps Extension(Hammer Strength): 170lbs x 10 reps---likely could have went higher...

Overall not a bad workout again...had to mix and match some different things together, and would have considered it a great workout if not for the left pec issue...gonna focus on lower body Sunday, so next upper body workout will be next Wednesday, giving me a week to let H.E.M work on my pec!!

One more H.E.M. treatment for my ankle tonite and that should be good to go from that point...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

H.E.M. treatment = BIG Breakthrough!!

Thank you Matter2003, for your contribution... :)
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

No workouts since Wednesday, tried to see if I could stop the HEM treatments yet and my body told me a resounding HELL NO!! I skipped 2 treatments and by the end of the day my ankle had gotten stiffer and slightly swollen...did an HEM treatment and it went away by the morning...still not 100% yet, but I should have known that anyways considering its only been a week today...

Gonna be getting in a lower body workout tomorrow, interesting to see what I got for squats seeing as how I haven't done them in almost a month now...
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Feast Bridge Workout 3

Did squats/DL's today...surprised ankle didn't bother me at all...not bad for having not done a leg workout for almost a month...

V-Squats: 375 lbs x 10 reps...375 felt heavy in the warmup rep, but after I started, had no issues until I reached rep 9 and 10 where I struggled a little bit, but nothing major...might have been able to even go 405 and hit 8 reps, but I am fairly happy with this as a starting point...

Romainian DeadLifts: 225lbs x 10 reps...could have probably gone to 245 lbs or so...no issues at all

Wednesday gonna try putting it all together for workout 4....very interested to see how my chest is going to respond...no bruising or pain to report as of now...tried stretching it to see if I felt anything, and nothing there either...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

"V-Squats: 375 lbs x 10 reps..."

Damned fine work man. Squats are squats, but could you please provide some clarity on the V-variation?

Just need a little insight... :)

However you slice it, FANTASTIC!!!
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:"V-Squats: 375 lbs x 10 reps..."

Damned fine work man. Squats are squats, but could you please provide some clarity on the V-variation?

Its the hammer strength vertical squat...I will PM you a picture of it...I stopped doing regular squats long ago because it bothers my back...I really love that machine....
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:
RobRegish wrote:"V-Squats: 375 lbs x 10 reps..."

Its the hammer strength vertical squat...I will PM you a picture of it...I stopped doing regular squats long ago because it bothers my back...I really love that machine....
Terrific!

Thank you sooo much... :)
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

24 hr fast followed by HIIT Cardio...

then I ate a few burgers, some corn on the cob and even indulged in a leftover piece of turtle pie, along with a nice big glass of milk...I have found my weakness and her name is Turtle Pie...

Luckily my wife only gets this once in a blue moon when we have guests over like we did this weekend...

I don't worry a whole lot about what I am eating at the end of the fast because no matter how much I eat it is still well short of what I would down in a typical day...

Normal day tomorrow with some more cardio at night...
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

foot a little sore from the HIIT yesterday...gotta hit it with another HEM treatment this morning...have only been doing 1 per day or one every 2 days now, and the ankle has only had some very minor swelling and no pain...definitely feeling a lot better, maybe 80% normal now...
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

I banged my knee really bad in the football game on Saturday, the swelling was really bad sunday and started coming back down monday, still swollen today but not as bad. I've only been doing RICE, but I don't think this is going to get much better. I'm going to try this HEM (adapt it on my own for knees)... Just going by the info you gave me the other day. Hopefully it works as well for me as it does for you!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You guys/gals BOTH, get banged up alot... :)

Does my/our hearts good though, to see you helping each other... 5Faces of Fear(tm) have feelings, too..... :):):):):)
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

well, for some reason, cardio really bothers my ankle still...was very sore and swelled up quite a bit after the 2nd straight day of cardio with no HEM treatment...

Only thing I can think of is the repetitive motion is causing the issues, because nothing else seems to bother it. Gotta make sure I do HEM immediately after cardio until it gets strong enough to not get bothered.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Feast Bridge Workout #4

Got clarification from Scott, the H.E.M. founder and told me to back off cardio until I am closer to 100%...will continue the HEM treatments, said it shouldn't be too long before I can get back to cardio...

Last night was my first night taking AN, took 2 capsules before going to bed, don't feel much different yet, but its only been 1 night...

Decline Bench Press: 255lbs x 3 reps/225 x 4 reps---felt a slight tweak again in the pec area, so I shut it down on the 255 lb reps, but then got pissed and ripped off 4 reps at 225 lbs before I thought better of it...didn't feel anything at 225 lbs, could have done more, but didn't want to take any more chances...

DB Pullover: 75lbs x 6 reps...weight felt heavy, but I was able to complete the reps without much difficulty...likely could have done more reps and/or increased the weight to 80-85lbs

V-Squat: 415lbs x 6 reps...last rep was a little difficult, but I was pretty happy considering this was only the second time in a month I did legs, and I just did them 3 days ago as well...

Deadlift: 245lbs x 6 reps...felt like I could have handled more weight, but didn't want to chance it just yet...boy was sucking wind after that superset...

Dips: I was working out with a buddy of mine and he wanted to do some dips, so I just said F-it and did 4 sets with him...I was pretty gassed by this point as it was the last thing we did, but I think I more than held my own...

BW x 20 reps/BW x 16 reps/BW x 12 reps/BW+35lbs x 6 reps

I am pretty sore right now, I am sure I will really be feeling it tomorrow and Friday...

Next workout not til Sunday, hoping to maybe do some biking instead of elliptical as that would be easier on my feet...

Haven't lost much strength, bout ready to explode once I get back on my normal workouts...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:Feast Bridge Workout #4

Got clarification from Scott, the H.E.M. founder and told me to back off cardio until I am closer to 100%...will continue the HEM treatments, said it shouldn't be too long before I can get back to cardio...

Last night was my first night taking AN, took 2 capsules before going to bed, don't feel much different yet, but its only been 1 night...

Decline Bench Press: 255lbs x 3 reps/225 x 4 reps---felt a slight tweak again in the pec area, so I shut it down on the 255 lb reps, but then got pissed and ripped off 4 reps at 225 lbs before I thought better of it...didn't feel anything at 225 lbs, could have done more, but didn't want to take any more chances...

DB Pullover: 75lbs x 6 reps...weight felt heavy, but I was able to complete the reps without much difficulty...likely could have done more reps and/or increased the weight to 80-85lbs

V-Squat: 415lbs x 6 reps...last rep was a little difficult, but I was pretty happy considering this was only the second time in a month I did legs, and I just did them 3 days ago as well...

Deadlift: 245lbs x 6 reps...felt like I could have handled more weight, but didn't want to chance it just yet...boy was sucking wind after that superset...

Dips: I was working out with a buddy of mine and he wanted to do some dips, so I just said F-it and did 4 sets with him...I was pretty gassed by this point as it was the last thing we did, but I think I more than held my own...

BW x 20 reps/BW x 16 reps/BW x 12 reps/BW+35lbs x 6 reps

I am pretty sore right now, I am sure I will really be feeling it tomorrow and Friday...

Next workout not til Sunday, hoping to maybe do some biking instead of elliptical as that would be easier on my feet...

Haven't lost much strength, bout ready to explode once I get back on my normal workouts...
Terrific work brother!!

On the Adaptogen N, I find results manifest noticeably around the 3 week mark. The relaxation effects though, should be immediate due to the melatonin, etc. contained therein.

Your recovery should also improve, meaning less DOMS and a "refreshed" feeling, upon wakening...

Hope that helps!