Big.Jazayrli's first BluePrint Run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK very good. Understand on the shoulder...

You've got the big de-load coming up so enjoy that. Then it's time to set some new PR's!
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:OK very good. Understand on the shoulder...

You've got the big de-load coming up so enjoy that. Then it's time to set some new PR's!
I'm gonna do some icing between now and then, ps: i sent you a PM regarding some help i need
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

phew. cheated on the diet a bit today. Had a steak, corn cob, cup of soup, a bit of chips and salsa, and a peppermint patty. (this was on top of my normal diet for the day which would have put me at approx -400 cals)

But definitely burnt some extra calories today at work as i was on a double and carrying heavy plates around all day.

So i still think i probably went over by at least 500 cals, could be worse though, i suppose!

Not like i ate a buncha ice cream. But i suppose.. calories in vs. calories out, right?

Anyway, gonna make up for it tomorrow.

It will be one of my days i have dubbed "atonement," they generally follow cheat meals and consist of several very unhappy and very intense cardio-based items :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

LOL on "atonement"... :)
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Back on track today. Gonna go hit some weights for my fourth workout before the max day.

Hopefully get some good weight today after my cardio yesterday

if i remember right, i ended up burning almost 700 calories yesterday, and didin't eat a touch over 1700 calories, so that's got me moving back in the right direction.

I feel like i've gotten a bit lazy with my diet these past few days, and I am not going to let that continue. Gonna be busting my ass and sticking to it 100% from here out. I almost feel like I've been letting myself down. No more though. period.

Quick question Rob: If I'm not doing the GLP (time constraint issues) is it necessary to do the max day? I was considering just jumping into EDT blocks? What do you think?
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Oh and another thing, disregard that last PM i sent you Rob, i just re-read the section in BP about EDT training and realized there was a full workout layed out :P

It would be ok to replace the Bench Press with DB rather than BB, right?

Other than that i should be able to do it
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

DB bench is fine in place of BB.

I still like establishing a 1RM during Feast at some point. You can always use it as a reference point somewhere down the line..
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:DB bench is fine in place of BB.

I still like establishing a 1RM during Feast at some point. You can always use it as a reference point somewhere down the line..
fair enough. though today during my workout, i attempted DB bench

wasn't happy.

I can definitely do Dips. and i will see what else i can do.

Im pretty excited for my 1RM on squat. haven't maxed in a loooong time
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah, looking forward to that too :)
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

I think im probably gonna try to see a doctor later this week or next about my shoulder.

It really is quite painful when i there is any resistance as i lift forward with my arm.

Im almost certain its my rotator cuff, as that's what was diagnosed by an athletic trainer in high school, but i think i may have finally done it in and torn it this week. Then again, i could be wrong, we shall see.

Im scared to opt for surgery though. 4-6 months of no heavy upper body lifts will seriously take a toll on my already lagging upper body
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

It's OK. Check out PushingTheLimits log in the training section, it has TONS of helpful hints.

And while the shoulder issue is being addressed.... we go on the OFFENSE on squats/legs/back!
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Big.jazayrli wrote:I think im probably gonna try to see a doctor later this week or next about my shoulder.

It really is quite painful when i there is any resistance as i lift forward with my arm.

Im almost certain its my rotator cuff, as that's what was diagnosed by an athletic trainer in high school, but i think i may have finally done it in and torn it this week. Then again, i could be wrong, we shall see.

Im scared to opt for surgery though. 4-6 months of no heavy upper body lifts will seriously take a toll on my already lagging upper body
Let surgery be your very last recourse..I was having issues a year back or so and went through some every aggressive (painful) massage therapy modified how i lifted and today I am fine..knock wood
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

sounds good gents!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

As Hank said, look into something called A.R.T. (active release technique). Painful but I hear great things!