matter2003 Journal/Introduction

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

That's amazing! And you still have a few workouts to go! You're KILLIN it!!

Congrats on all those wicked gains, you're working hard for em!
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

BW today: 214.5 lbs

Really interested in hearing Rob's take on the alternate fasting methods I had been reading about, as it goes hand in hand with what many other studies had shown with fasting....
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

supremely irritated with gout in my ankle...gonna need to steer clear of any types of workout for a few days...shooting for Wednesday for my next workout...

Nutrition all jacked up also...need to avoid protein like the plague for right now as the purine in it exacerbates the condition...lots of strawberries, cherry juice, blueberries and lemon juice...

No supps taken either...

not a happy camper...Alkaplex ordered today...will never go thru this again(hopefully)

Dying to see where my bench press is at because I believe the massive decline/flat bench statics I have been doing will have given me a pretty significant increase...will have to wait a few more weeks, as I am heading down the backstretch of feast in weeks 5 and 6...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:supremely irritated with gout in my ankle...gonna need to steer clear of any types of workout for a few days...shooting for Wednesday for my next workout...

Nutrition all jacked up also...need to avoid protein like the plague for right now as the purine in it exacerbates the condition...lots of strawberries, cherry juice, blueberries and lemon juice...

No supps taken either...

not a happy camper...Alkaplex ordered today...will never go thru this again(hopefully)

Dying to see where my bench press is at because I believe the massive decline/flat bench statics I have been doing will have given me a pretty significant increase...will have to wait a few more weeks, as I am heading down the backstretch of feast in weeks 5 and 6...
Alkaplex will do ya' right, you'll see... :)
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

woke up feeling a lot better than yesterday, but still not 100%. Hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal. Still have slight pain in back and outside of ankle/heel area, which is worst when I lift up and down on toes, which would prevent any sort of effective squatting...

Did 24 hour fast today, drinking lots of oolong tea and water with lemon juice to try and reset. Completely forgot that oolong tea is strongly alkalizing...will resume drinking this several times a day...I can use all the alkalizing I can get right now...

For some reason that I cannot explain, I gained weight back to 219.5 lbs this morning, even though I ate very little over the weekend, eating tons of fruit(strawberries, blueberries, watermelon) and vegetables(celery, carrots,etc). Also feel more muscular for some reason even tho I ate virtually no protein and took no supps...very strange
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Gout pain not going away like normal...probably due to it going an extra day before taking any medication...

going to try the baking soda route, as many have very good success with that...do not want to keep popping Indomethicin as it is not god at all for your kidneys...

Not even contemplating working out right now...gotta get right first, not happy with the way things have ended up...
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

something is seriously wrong here...ankle pain has subsided mostly, but I woke up this morning to not being able to put any weight on my left foot because the ball of my foot hurts so bad it feels like someone repeatedly bashed it with a sledgehammer overnight.

Going to doctor today, as I don't think this is gout anymore, since none of the gout treatments have improved this condition and has been getting progressively worse...
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

<-- worried for you

hopefully the doc can clear things up for ya....
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

matter2003 wrote:something is seriously wrong here...ankle pain has subsided mostly, but I woke up this morning to not being able to put any weight on my left foot because the ball of my foot hurts so bad it feels like someone repeatedly bashed it with a sledgehammer overnight.

Going to doctor today, as I don't think this is gout anymore, since none of the gout treatments have improved this condition and has been getting progressively worse...
Take care, Matter. I hope everything goes well for you.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

beefcake66 wrote:<-- worried for you

hopefully the doc can clear things up for ya....
Well, basically all he did was tell me the things it isn't...not gout, not psoriatic arthritis, not a wart on the bottom of the foot....

he honestly has no idea what it could be or why it is hurting like that. My only thought is that it may have happened after walking weird because of the gout in the ankle and putting all of the pressure on the ball of my foot for multiple days...

Ankle feels fine now...bottom of foot doesn't...

He told me to continue taking the indomethicin for a few more days and if it doesn't improve by Monday to call him and he will send me to a podiatrist...also wants me to get some blood drawn so he can check my uric acid levels...

Wondering what to do because the earliest I will be able to get into the gym will likely be the middle of next week, which will mean 2 weeks have elapsed since my last workout...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:something is seriously wrong here...ankle pain has subsided mostly, but I woke up this morning to not being able to put any weight on my left foot because the ball of my foot hurts so bad it feels like someone repeatedly bashed it with a sledgehammer overnight.

SMART MAN!!

IDEA: While you're having your Dr. look at it, ask for a referral to a sports medicine doc, specializing in musculoskeletal injuries.

I have a sneaking suspicion this goes back to.... your exercise template. Perhaps it's the Rx, but I'm leaning toward the former.

SCT will aggravate this, given it's the pinnacle of alpha strength/you make incredible jumps in weight from session to session. Doing so is fantastic for purposes of overload/muscle growth, yes. However, the one downside is that any weak link in joint and/or connective tissue comes to the forefront like, right quick.

Best of luck and do report back. I'd be curious to know if I/we were right and more importantly, formulate a game plan to overcome this, going forward...
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

bottom of foot feeling a lot better, still have a nagging pain in the left side of my ankle and back of my heel...nothing major, but very noticeable when I press down hard...

Have a nagging suspicion this is not something that will go away quickly...my body has betrayed me...

EDIT: something very interesting here...dad asked me to help get soil for his garden due to him having shoulder issues(rotator cuff and bone-on-bone arthritis in right shoulder)...couldn't say no, so I just resigned myself to grimacing in pain while doing it. Those potting soil bags are no joke(2 CF) and probably weigh a good 50-60 lbs a piece. We got 5 of them, plus I helped two older ladies who wanted a bag but couldn't lift it, so I moved 6 altogether at Home Depot and then transported the 5 into and out of the car along with dumping them in garden beds and raking.

Thought my foot would be hurting something fierce after doing this, but to my surprise, it actually hurts LESS. As in I felt no pain and still feel no pain where it was hurting before...very strange to me, bu then again, I guess it may have been a form of rehab since this is what you do in physical therapy...

Anyways, I will continue doing some cardio and perhaps some more rehab type work to see if it continues helping...

very encouraged by this...
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Glad to hear the situation is improving!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:bottom of foot feeling a lot better, still have a nagging pain in the left side of my ankle and back of my heel...nothing major, but very noticeable when I press down hard...

Have a nagging suspicion this is not something that will go away quickly...my body has betrayed me...

EDIT: something very interesting here...dad asked me to help get soil for his garden due to him having shoulder issues(rotator cuff and bone-on-bone arthritis in right shoulder)...couldn't say no, so I just resigned myself to grimacing in pain while doing it. Those potting soil bags are no joke(2 CF) and probably weigh a good 50-60 lbs a piece. We got 5 of them, plus I helped two older ladies who wanted a bag but couldn't lift it, so I moved 6 altogether at Home Depot and then transported the 5 into and out of the car along with dumping them in garden beds and raking.

Thought my foot would be hurting something fierce after doing this, but to my surprise, it actually hurts LESS. As in I felt no pain and still feel no pain where it was hurting before...very strange to me, bu then again, I guess it may have been a form of rehab since this is what you do in physical therapy...

Anyways, I will continue doing some cardio and perhaps some more rehab type work to see if it continues helping...

very encouraged by this...
You've struck Gold, my friend.. :)

This is a form of blood flow/GPP for you. Plus, bonding time with those close to you.

Do take advantage... :)