1st Run Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

also forgot to mention, i cant juice so ill just be blending everything together. im assuming theres no issues there.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I don't think so.. it may be more cumbersome/you'll get more pulp but provided the raw foods are liquified into active enzymes...should be the same.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

would it be ok for me to blend everything up today or should i make it fresh each day/the night before?
also if i remember a week from now, im going to be doing glute bridges and 'activating' my transverse abdominis by sucking in and tightening my lower abs per recommendation of my chiropractor a few months back. ill just add these in on my workout days. figured i should get back to doing these.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

MSR9889 wrote:would it be ok for me to blend everything up today or should i make it fresh each day/the night before?
also if i remember a week from now, im going to be doing glute bridges and 'activating' my transverse abdominis by sucking in and tightening my lower abs per recommendation of my chiropractor a few months back. ill just add these in on my workout days. figured i should get back to doing these.
If you can afford to buy a really good blender like a VitaMix or a Blend Tec then you'll have the best of a juicer and a blender, if you dont like pulp you can strain it.

Me personally I dont have a $400 blender but i have blended broccoli and such in my morning shakes, in my Oster blender you can still taste the veg, in a Vita Mix you just and some lemon rind or apple and it all tastes sweet
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

Hank! wrote:
MSR9889 wrote:would it be ok for me to blend everything up today or should i make it fresh each day/the night before?
If you can afford to buy a really good blender like a VitaMix or a Blend Tec then you'll have the best of a juicer and a blender, if you dont like pulp you can strain it.

Me personally I dont have a $400 blender but i have blended broccoli and such in my morning shakes, in my Oster blender you can still taste the veg, in a Vita Mix you just and some lemon rind or apple and it all tastes sweet
i just have a small personal blender. i forgot the one i had at home, so i ended up buying a hamilton beach one. i think the blade is nicer, but the lid sucks. itll do though.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Fresh each day would be best..
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Best to drink directly after blending/juicing.

The enzymes start to break down inside of ten minutes, to a small degree anyway. If spreading it out over a day, use a real airtight thermos.

I started with an inexpensive "Juice Man" juicer from Target years ago, that ran about $70. It lasted two years until the motor burned out. Got a "Champion" after that, for about $200. Small, dedicated company and made to last a lifetime.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

John
Speaking about juice, I have only been able to find Dole Pineapple juice, would you say in terms of nutrition that this stuf is no good cause of pasteurization etc?

thanks

Hank