1st Run Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

Hank! wrote:
MSR9889 wrote:so i managed to meet with a doctor today. i spoke with him about the sleep issues, appetite, etc and he said i have the top signs of depression. he gave me some ambient to try to help with the sleep problems first and see how that helps things.
i also brought up my groin/knee issue and he said he wants to handle one issue at a time. for now since it isnt/hasnt been a problem i dont need to worry about it.
Good luck, you should probably get a 2nd opinion if possible, depression is no joke but it is over diagnosed a lot of the time.

Also watch out on the ambien, it is a hypnotic i had taken it in the past and would eat like a half a box of cereal in the night and not remember
im not taking anything to treat depression, just focusing on the sleep because i believe that is where the problems lie. im hesitant to take the ambient, but at this point i dont have much left to do. if this doesnt work, might have to try adderal for focus which i hope it doesnt come to.
i appreciate the concern though.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

just a note for you rob, im supposed to check in with the doctor in 7-10 days. so assuming ive slept well for the entire time, ill try to jump into the famine right after that.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ok man, do what you've gotta do.

I went to the doctor once when I got laid off. Told him I was angry and couldn't sleep. He said "you're depressed, take this generic Xanax". I said I'm not depressed. He said "I have to diagnose you for that in order to write this. No side effects"

Bullshit.

Yes it helped me sleep but I couldn't get to sleep without it after 3 nights, nor could I remember where I parked my car.

Threw that shit away real fast. Hit up the GABA (didn't have any at the time).

Problem solved.

Never again. I say do what you have to do.

And we're right here to support you 100% whatever you do.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

well after the first night, the ambien knocked me out good but i still woke up early and couldnt fall back asleep. i kept having to get up to go to the bathroom.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Well, glad you at least got something..

Maybe half a tab early and then the rest if you wake up again?
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:Well, glad you at least got something..

Maybe half a tab early and then the rest if you wake up again?
ill try that out tonight. ive been drowsy all day anyways, so i may not even need it to fall asleep.

another thing im looking into trying is ultima. idk if youve heard of it, but its definitely something that has had my interest and attention for a while now. people have reported 20 lbs increases in lifts from the first dose, in addition to several health benefits. im looking to try it out regardless, so ill probably throw it into my upcoming run once i get it going.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK, do let us know how it worked for you. Hyped isn't the word for it and I'm starting to get the jaded eye about it..
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

well i tried splitting the ambien, came about about 2/3 at bed time. i was asleep shortly after 11 and woke up at 12 feeling like i had been asleep for hours. i took the other 1/3 and drifted back to sleep in a few minutes. i still woke up early again this morning, but only about 30 minutes before my alarm vs being up 1-2 hours early.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Noticing any forgetfullness, stuff like that?
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

i havent really noticed anything different other than ive been able to fall asleep in a reasonable amount of time.
i had a really long day today, saw a friend who i havent seen in months and spent some great time with her and had a great conversation. im up late just getting back to my room now, having been out for almost 12 hours, and decided to skip the ambien tonight. i have a lot i want to think about tonight and a lot to look forward to tomorrow.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

i bought all the ingredients for the shake, minus cayenne pepper which i couldnt find at the store. ill be starting monday.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Go easy at first on the cayenne.. :)
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:Go easy at first on the cayenne.. :)
big y didnt have any, so im doing without it.
how does this all taste? something ill have to deal with or something ill enjoy?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

It's an "acquired" taste.. :)

Seriously, after awhile you'll come to crave it. Something about the live enzymes. You get a nice feeling from it. Not like a stim rush. Hard to describe.

You come to appreciate most of that supermarket food we eat is "dead". Live, juiced enzymes are different. I wish I could put a finer point on it for you than that.

Best to PM John or Brain as they're into it more than I am. They may have further insight.

It's there though. I'm interested in your feedback after doing it for a bit...