1st Run Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

That's an awesome find!

I'm going to print a copy out and stick it in my bag. Still, many are in denial after being brainwashed... then continue on with their bagel.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:That's an awesome find!

I'm going to print a copy out and stick it in my bag. Still, many are in denial after being brainwashed... then continue on with their bagel.
yea, one of my friends got mad at me because her dad, a doctor, said eggs were bad for you and i showed her that.
i hate getting nutritional advice from doctors, most of them know less than me it seems.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

They get a gand total of 4 hours in medical school, and it's the same garbage (3 square meals a day, 8-12 servings of bread/cereal) they spit back at you.

I can still vividly recall my grandfather who suffered a stroke being given "guidance" by an obese nutritionist. It was a 10 minute talk and she threw him 3-4 pamphlets on on how fat was bad and then left.

Exited hospital where an in-house McDonald's was. She was in there eating...
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

before i took dicana
breakfast was a veggie egg white omelet with american cheese and 2 eggs over hard and KA
lunch was some over roasted turkey with gravy and a little stuffing
mid afternoon i took dicana
early dinner was a buffalo chicken wrap, peeled off some of the wrap, and a cookie
snack was 2 scoops xf whey
took dicana a couple hours later
before bed will be 2 scoops casein, tbsp peanut butter, and KA
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Never heard of XF whey?
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:Never heard of XF whey?
its xtreme formulations ultra whey peptide. the best tasting whey protein ive ever had. its a blend of concentrate, isolate, and hydrolyzed whey peptides if i remember correctly.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I see well, glad you like the taste. As I've always said.... if it's working for you by all means, keep using it.

The only thing that makes me hesitate here is the price. Makes me think it's anything but cold processed. Understand that's not important to everyone, but it is to me I like steak for additional grams of protein :) .

When I consume a whey like MassPro, I'm looking for it to do something beyond adding additional grams of protein... I'm looking for boosting glutathione/nitrogen retention.

Some of you are aware I'm doing unique "testing" for an upcoming spin on Blueprint. I can tell you I'm already seeing BIG descrepencies on values from one whey to another when incorporated into a special formula drink I'm working on (yes, another).

And I'm not talking about lab tests for label claim....
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

I'm sorry, but any whey at that price for five pounds is waving a giant, bright red flag of cost cutting measures having been taken in processing, on that basis alone.

From our latest newsletter and site archives-

- Q&A Forum Files:
>Workout Partner Wisdom

Q: My gym sells a 5 pound whey protein powder for $45. My workout
partner said it has to be low quality at that price. What do you think?

A: That your workout partner has done their homework. These inferior
"short processed" whey protein products cause digestive problems for
many, are very poorly assimilated, and offer little in the way of muscle
building and health promoting properties.

Click the whey protein facts links below for revealing information on the
many different grades of "whey protein powder" available and be certain
to read the article titled "Losing it's WHEY: An Inside Look at the
Protein Market", found inside the link to eNewsletter #93.

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/masspro.html

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/newsletter93.html

Also, regarding the one you mentioned, MSR... Acesulfame as a sweetener?

No offense, but I would not suggest you touch that stuff, personally.

Acesulfame K stimulates insulin secretion in a dose dependent fashion thereby possibly aggravating reactive hypoglycemia ("low blood sugar attacks").

Acesulfame K produced lung tumors, breast tumors, rare types of tumors of other organs (such as the thymus gland), several forms of leukemia and chronic respiratory disease in several rodent studies, even when less than maximum doses were given. According to the Center for Science in the Public Interest, it was petitioned on August 29, l988 for a stay of approval by the FDA because of "significant doubt" about its safety.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

i started buying the whey because i saw a 10lb bag on sale back when they still had them. the taste is great and everyone on nolinksplease.com talks about it, so i tried it and got hooked.
ideally i would like to use an all natural protein, but for the time being its become less and less of a priority. for a while i was using sun warrior rice protein powder, but that isnt in my price range. neither is mass pro.

the casein i take now is by higher power. i also bought it on sale, but recently one of there products was found to be spiked so i wont be buying their products again in the future.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

before breakfast i took dicana
breakfast was a veggie and regular egg omelet (he gave me regular instead of egg whites) with american cheese and 2 eggs over hard, 1 scoop xf whey and KA
lunch was general tsos chicken and broccoli
late afternoon i took dicana
dinner was teriyaki chicken bites and some garlic baked salmon
snack was 2 scoops xf whey, tbsp peanut butter, and KA
dicana a few hours later
before bed ill have 2 scoops casein
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

MSR9889 wrote:i started buying the whey because i saw a 10lb bag on sale back when they still had them. the taste is great and everyone on nolinksplease.com talks about it...
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

MSR9889 wrote:the casein i take now is by higher power. i also bought it on sale, but recently one of there products was found to be spiked so i wont be buying their products again in the future.
You ARE starting to catch on, RIGHT?

Just tell me that much, please!

I'm not trying to pick on you, MSR... you are my BP brother, but, c'mon get with the REAL supps, Bro!
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

askmass wrote:
MSR9889 wrote:the casein i take now is by higher power. i also bought it on sale, but recently one of there products was found to be spiked so i wont be buying their products again in the future.
You ARE starting to catch on, RIGHT?

Just tell me that much, please!

I'm not trying to pick on you, MSR... you are my BP brother, but, c'mon get with the REAL supps, Bro!
i get it, i just cant afford certain things. i actually started selling back a lot of the stuff i bought previously since i need the money.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

We've all been there bro... don't feel bad. You do what you can and that's all that can be asked.

The biggest thing anyone can bring to the table in this game is heart and you bring plenty of that.

The one refund I ever processed on Blueprint was for a guy who was running $600/month of top shelf supps but complained his gains weren't there. I asked a few more questions and asked him what phase he was in, what loading pattern he was using. His response?

"I haven't had too much time to workout bro.."

If I could only have shipped him some ambition.