Dta1984's First Run with BP

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. All other subjective measures look good. Don't sweat it..

Do take care to proceed with caution on the final workout/all of famine really. You'll likely have to use VERY light weights to make it through. If you at all feel sick/quesy or OFF, etc - discontinue.

I value your health a whole lot more than your gains. You should too...
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

Day 5 Famine;

Weight 161 (- 4.5 lb)
Heartrate 62 bpm (+3 BPM)

I will be doing the workout later tonight, since I have to work this afternoon, so I will update again tonight.

Questions for feast;

1. I am going to follow the calorie spiral method mentioned in the book beginning with days 1-3 at 20 x bodyweight calories. Is this ok Rob? I have seen you suggest alternate methods to some.

2. Liver tabs....You mention 6 every hour with 12 oz water for 5 days. Is this too much at my weight? Not sure if it matters or not.

3. EBOL....directions say take 2 caps 3x a day. Does timing matter? With main meals? What about workout days?

Thanks!!
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

Weird.....question 3 should say E b o l. Some reason it changed to ecdy?
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

One more question. On the workout tonight, I know I do 5 sets. Does that mean add 2 more exercises to biceps since there were only 3 Monday?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes sir, correct on the biceps question..

On the Ebol to ecdy switch, AskMass had to insert a filter where Ebol now = Ecdy. It seems the board was turning into and Ebol/tbol trib one with some posts bordering on advertising for the products. A lot to keep on top of as he's running MASS and not on here all day to monitor. Thermolife however, will not be censored/filtered.

I hope you understand. Just use your judgement. I don't go mentioning The Blueprint Mass Stack/KreAnabolyn on Thermo's board because I'm respectful of who's board it is. BOTH products are quality and made by quality companies. I prefer Kre-Anabolyn, you may not. Personal preference..

And for the record, I've always stated the following: You should try BOTH products to see what works best for YOU!! I take no favor as I have no vested interest.

I hope you understand...
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

Thanks, I figured it had something to do with that. I am open to trying the other next round to compare.

Also during feast
;
1. I am going to follow the calorie spiral method mentioned in the book beginning with days 1-3 at 20 x bodyweight calories. Is this ok Rob? I have seen you suggest alternate methods to some.

A. Yes, that's fine. You might consider this variation.

First 10 days - BW x 20
Next 10 days - BW x 18
Next 10 days - BW x 15
Finish Feast - BW x 12-13

That preserves the body's down regulation to over-feeding.... meaning you won't lay down as much fat vs. a BW x 20 straight through approach. You can get more aggressive lowering the calories if you see too much fat creeping on.

2. Liver tabs....You mention 6 every hour with 12 oz water for 5 days. Is this too much at my weight? Not sure if it matters or not.

A. You know it might be. Try 6 every 2 hours. That'll spread things out enough and lower the overall total but still ensure high levels of circulating nutrients/aminos etc.. The original was Vince Gironda's recommendation and worked well for most..
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

Thanks for the replies above Rob!!

Wow what a workout!

Squats 100 x 12 x 5
DB Rows 40 x 12 x 5
BB Curls 65 x 12
Incline DB Curls 20 x 12
Preacher Curls 60 x 11
DB Hammer Curls 20 x 12
DB Alternate Curls 20 x 12

I am glad famine is done with. All in all it wasn't that bad. I consumed 1300 calories a day with around 40g protein. I made sure to space out snacks so that I was eating every few hours. I think that helped alot with the hunger. I was still hungry most of the time, but it was bearable.

Now its time to Feast!! I cannot wait to gain my strength back and to eat!

Not sure if it's just a local restaraunt, but my lunch tomorrow will be a Chipotle burrito. Its a mexican burrito filled with chicken, rice, cheese and hot sauce or whatever else you want put on it. Huge burrito, loaded with 1000 calories. I eat these very few and far between, but tomorrow is a special ocassion!

I will make a post tomorrow on some of my goals for feast.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Fantastic. And nice work on making it through!

Now, it's time for the BIG rewards..
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

Feast Day 1

Weight 161

Ahhh had a nice big breakfast this morning; 6 egg whites, 2 pieces of toast, milk, oj, fruit bowl. It was good to eat again.

Started my Ecdy product this morning, along with Bev's liver tabs. Will mix up a BCAA (xtend) shake this afternoon.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah, it DOES feel good doesn't it?

This is the body "speaking" to you again. And you are listening :)
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

Day 2

Weight 162.5 (+1.5)

Eating is good, feeling great. Took in 3100 calories yesterday, with 253 protein. Had a bit of trouble trying to get in the calories, but it's nice to know it doesn't all have to be clean in the beginning.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

BW is coming up nicely. This is good.. :)
dta1984

Post by dta1984 »

Day 3 Feast

Weight 164.5 (+3.5lb)

Wow, yes weight is coming up nicely. I am sure this is a combo of the liver tabs, water intake and high cal diet. Tomorrow is the first workout!! I can't wait.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Nice work!