Justin's 1st BP RUN

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Ive seem similar with the Dog Crap training protocol. There you do your work set to then rest 15-20 secs , then crack out a few more reps
Justin

Post by Justin »

ye it gives u crazy pump and burn
Justin

Post by Justin »

Today's training went really well i was able to 215 lbs on smith machine and do 7 clean reps ( i used smith because no workout partner today) the super sets were great really got the muscles pumped. I think I'm gonna try at one point this year a whole program that super sets different body parts.
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Hope that's an emergency only use......smith machine bad. I can elaborate but I'm sure you know. I didn't and used the smith machine too much in the past. It has its place but I'd stay away if possible.
Super sets are great, I did a lot of those on my last BP run.
Head rushes...hmmm....are you staying hydrated?
Good luck for the next couple of days :shock: you'll need it. :D
Justin

Famine day 4

Post by Justin »

haha thanks and yes I've been carrying a water bottle with me at all times I'm gonna try and drink even more water today. Today's a rest day and there is terrible water here in Montreal so I'm just gonna be taking it easy and rest.

And about the smith machine I'll try to avoid it from now on.
Justin

Post by Justin »

Just a small question for The start of the Feast is it important to eat all clean and healthy foods for the first few days?

I read online that protein cannot be absorbed properly unless it is absorbed with fats.. i was wondering if his was true and if so what are some things to add in my shakes to help boost the fat percentage i was thinking maybe peanut butter?

FEAST ROUTINE

okay for my feast routine I'm not going to be doing the exact BP's workout because right now I want to focus a lot on mass. Okay well my workout will consist of 3 main exercises... the 1st will focus on Strength and power (last set lower weight higher reps ) followed by a stretch movement just like the Blueprint emphasizes and my last exercise will focus on full contraction with slow movements. Okay now to the routine and Split

Split:
Day 1: Chest/calves
Day 2: Back/Traps/rear delts
Day 3: Legs/abs
Day4: Delts / Arms
Day 5,6: Rest

Sample Day:

Chest/Calves:
2 sets BP 6-10 reps (each week up the weight by 5-10 lbs) OR 2 sets inclined DB press
1set slow BP (10 reps around 55 seconds)
2 sets Weighed Dips or DB flyes (6-10 reps)
2 sets of Cable crossovers or pullovers (8-12 reps) (drop set)
2 sets leg press calf raises (15-20 reps )
2 sets Standing calf raises (8-10 reps) (drop sets)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Just a small question for The start of the Feast is it important to eat all clean and healthy foods for the first few days?

A. No, first 10-14 days you can eat dirty(er) than normal.

I read online that protein cannot be absorbed properly unless it is absorbed with fats.. i was wondering if his was true and if so what are some things to add in my shakes to help boost the fat percentage i was thinking maybe peanut butter?

A. Fiction. Protein is well absorbed on its own. However, adequate fats/carbs are necessary to ensure the aminos are spare for incorporation into muscle. Suggest at least a 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein + a small amount of dietary fat like natural PB or fish oil.
Justin

Post by Justin »

Thanks a lot rob what would u suggest adding to my shakes or eating with my shakes to help add the carbs
Justin

Post by Justin »

Last day of Famine. I think it went great, i didn't have a single cheat food for the 5 days. the only thing is I'm getting a lot of head rushes now went i get up from sitting or lying down. That's about the only problem. I can't wait to start the feast and get the real muscle building on its way! I'm gonna post my diet within the next few days.
Justin

Post by Justin »

okay I just finished my last workout of the famine and i must say that was killer it was very difficult doing all 12-15 reps and my strength seemed to go down enormously I guess that's a good thing since I'm in the Famine.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

GREAT work in making it through!!!

And now, time to reap the BIG rewards.... :)
Justin

Post by Justin »

haha can't wait . And thanks a lot Rob for all the support I'm gonna try and tell some of my friends about the Blueprint. The only thing i'm worried about is when I'm gonna start my second run because I start school right after my 1st run is over i timed it so it would fit perfectly around. I'm worried about when i'm going to do the 2nd the famine because during school it might not be as successful.

what do you reccomend is best for post workout nutrition... I'm reading a lot of articles online and each have different ideas, for the most part its carbs or no carbs? some say no crabs because it will reduce the GH production cuz of insulin and others say its good because it can transport the nutrients to the muscles
zip

Post by zip »

I was always told that simple carbs should be taken Post W in order to resupply glucose in the body. But thats prolly just broscience being thrown at you.
Justin

Post by Justin »

hmm kk thanks so carbs are good post workout?