Brand Spanking New

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

No, dates are great. They're the only ones I can get. Plus, they're fun on the way out. Lots of fumage and such sets the wife off..

Try this: 1 cup of old fashioned oats, mix in a scoop of chocolate MassPro, 2tblspoons of natural peanut butter, a half cup of honey and a cup of raisins with enough water to moisten.

God that's good... Loaded with top notch protein, carbs and other nutrients too.

There's some FAST food that won't kill you. And people say it takes too long to make breakfast...
KEissawi

Post by KEissawi »

YEAA thats the one!

i also bought some wheat germ yesterday i was thinking of throwing a tablespoon in there for an extra bang

anything else i can use the wheat germ in?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Lots of things! You're limited only by your imagination. I'd ask SudburyBaller.

That dude has recipe's (and pictures) for EVERYTHING!
KEissawi

Post by KEissawi »

ill def check that out

on the last workout of the famine phase (tomorrow HELL FUCKIN YEA)

the five sets are only for the squats/cable rows the arm workouts are still three diff workouts 1 set each?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK, one more to go!

Please see this post for clarification on Famine:

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=377

Let me know if that helps!
KEissawi

Post by KEissawi »

ok FEAST

i wana gain size so what workout would be appropriate cuz i know u mentioned workouts that give strength which is best for size?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Your best bet for size is something like super squats or EDT. Either or those is stellar for hypertrophy. Let me know your thoughts on that and we'll strategize from there!
KEissawi

Post by KEissawi »

i read about the edt on the forum you mention it has fault to it yet you seem to like the supersquat and since im doing the diet i guess why not do the excercise too

so how does it go?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Which one?

Here's how to perform the EDT:

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=437
KEissawi

Post by KEissawi »

how does the supersquat workout go?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Per The Blueprint, P. 34 :)

5.) Super Squats: How to Gain 30lbs of Muscle in 6 Weeks: available via
Amazon at:

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Squats-Pounds-Muscle-
Weeks/dp/0926888005

A classic by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D. Don't laugh if you haven't tried it. The original 20 rep squat routine and well worth the asking price. It has turned scarecrows into supermen. As with every other program it doesn't work forever but boy, does it work for the un-initiated. If you're underweight and looking to bulk in a hurry this is the ticket. Plug this workout into your Feast phase and explode!

THE WORKOUT
Bench press or Dips - 2 sets of 12
Squat - 1 set of 20 supersetted with
Pullovers - 1 set of 20
Bent rows - 2 sets of 15

Don't let the simplicity fool you. Those 20 rep squats are done with a weight you usually use for 10 reps, performed with deep breaths in between each rep, followed immediately by a light set of breathing pullovers.

The devil is in the details though, and Strossen brilliantly walks you through the execution, rep by rep. Such abbreviated, full body routines are way undersold today and exactly what's needed for many lifters. Sorely needed in some cases.

If one set doesn't feel like enough to you, please look at the weight you're using. Properly done, this should border on a religious experience. The LAST thing you should be thinking about is doing another set. Strossen recommends peforming this workout up to 3 days a week, adding 5lbs a session. Younger trainees may be able to do it, but plan on lowering that frequency as your Feast phase progresses. I've found if you can hack it, that 3x a week frequency quickly moves to 2x a week or even less in the final week of a 4 - 6 week feast phase.

Your frequency is what matters most here. Get it right and you're golden. Get it wrong and you're sunk.

While the original recommendation was to take your 10RM and "get 20", that's largely predicated on the fact most people don't work hard on squats to begin with. Take an honest stock of yourself before proceeding. It can (and will) make the difference between success and failure.

I can tell you with all honesty that there's NO WAY I could get 20 reps with my 10 rep max. Your mileage may vary. If you need help, right here for you. Best IMO to start with a set of 20 that's difficult (but not quite impossible) and proceed from there...

Lastly, you might want to touch base with DaCookie or check out his log. Think he's running it now..
KEissawi

Post by KEissawi »

so thats the whole workout for six weeks straight? dont change anything up those exact workouts

how is the on/off schedule like?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes, that's Super Squats.

Don't let the simplicity fool you! To increase weight each session on these exercises is NO easy task. The idea is to POUR yourself into a handful of big, basic exercises that work a HUGE amount of muscle mass. The overload that's delivered (particularly with the squats) is monumental. Properly performed, these border on a religious experience. This is no joke. You must take your mind and your body to places it's never been before.

The KEY again, is frequency. Strossen recommends this workout being performed 3 days a week. To be safe, and to respect the fundamental law of exercise recovery, I'd suggest the following frequency schedule

One on, two off for about a week. Then move to one on, three off inserting an extra rest day as you deem necessary.

This is needed for a few simple reasons.. First, a the weights increase so do the demands upon your system. It takes time for the body to adapt and grow stronger. As you grow stronger (and you will, at an almost frightening pace), you'll need more recovery time.

This is where fixed frequency schedules fail. I tried challenging this but understand the wisdom in going the other way with it. Set a new 20 rep max squat on Monday. Try that again on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I'd be shocked if you even made it until Friday. Your body will stop you either through injury or sickness.

Like I said, I was the guy who tried challenging it. I failed to increase weight by Wednesday. Undeterred, I reasoned I was mentally weak and redoubled my efforts. I tried everything. What did I get? By Saturday I had a strained lower back and a pretty severe cold, which progressed into a severe cold/illness.

Just trying to show the other end of the spectrum. I call the body's wisdom in such things "innate". Innate doesn't like to be challenged. More often than not, innate wins. And sometimes she'll teach you a HARD lesson in doing so...
KEissawi

Post by KEissawi »

One on, two off for about a week. Then move to one on, three off inserting an extra rest day as you deem necessary.

so for the rest of the feast phase after week 1 stick to 1 on 3 off maybe even more because i might need it?

can u please elaborate more on frequency

and in the weight addition which is in every session is there any specific way i should increase like 5 pounds or more or less?