Feast phase 1-5 workouts?

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

We went through an exhaustive two month search to source legit, certified 95+% RCE for the new Generation 5 run of Kre-Anabolyn.

A couple other companies might still have real product out there that was run in bulk last year, but as of today it is very scarce. I was told that we bought up all that was on the market currently, about three weeks ago.

The good news in that is that Kre-Anabolyn is set for the foreseeable future, but no way will I vouch for anyone else.

The one you mentioned, Rob... it is a total con job. Not a spec of real RCE in that one, although they claim it is.

The issue is that the Chinese suppliers label the raw material as RCE, when it's not. So, a less savvy company could be duped. Then again, anyone with any real experience in this business and with ECDY in particular should know there is no way you can purchase the real stuff for $250 a kilo! You've got to add another zero on the end of the figure for that...
gymrat53

Post by gymrat53 »

I wonder what that means for Thermolife since they produce ebol and are a quality stand up company afaik. I'll have to give Kre-Anabolyn a go next bp run as I already have ebol I bought a few months back for this run coming up.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Any of their stuff on the shelves was produced last year and does contain real RCE. I think ours is better for a number of reasons, but they have always used legit RCE as far as I know.
gymrat53

Post by gymrat53 »

askmass wrote:Any of their stuff on the shelves was produced last year and does contain real RCE. I think ours is better for a number of reasons, but they have always used legit RCE as far as I know.
Good that makes me feel better. Hey I got a question for you or Rob. Since I'm doing EDT as my workout program of choice would I need to do the 1-5 workouts layed out in the feast phase since I don't really need my 1rm?

And by barbell dips I'm assuming he just meant dips not barbell dips because I have no idea what a barbell dip is.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

That's a great question..

Part of the reason HIT/one set to failure type training makes such a nice solution is that it's the exact OPPOSITE of the famine phase training you're coming off of. It's also a great way to springboard into the German Loading Pattern #1..

So no, I don't think it's absolutely necessary. However, I still think it fits the bill because EDT imparts a fair amount of volume. IF it was me I'd still run HIT but with some slight modifications.

Instead of tapering to a 1RM, consider sloping it such that you start with 8-10 reps, dip into the 3rd workout to 3-4 rep range but than slope back up into the 6-8 rep range for the 4th workout and finally on the 5th, return to the 8-10 rep range.

Doing so may be more beneficial to EDT given Charles recommends sets of 5 reps with your 10 rep max. Presto, you'll have your starting point for EDT.
gymrat53

Post by gymrat53 »

Cool I'll definitely do it that way. I haven't max out in probably a year and don't particularly enjoy it.

And by barbell dips you mean just regular dips correct?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes sorry about that.

I don't have a dip stand so I rig up 2 barbells inside my power rack on the safety pins. Black n' Decker style :)
gymrat53

Post by gymrat53 »

RobRegish wrote:Yes sorry about that.

I don't have a dip stand so I rig up 2 barbells inside my power rack on the safety pins. Black n' Decker style :)
Haha thats an awesome idea. I'm taking cissus right now for my wrist(old baseball injury) but if they still hurt doing dips is there any alternative exercise you would recommend that would put less stress on my wrist.

BTW log is up on nolinksplease.com check it out when you get the chance. I was going to start Monday but I haven't lifted since last Thursday so I got a good weeks rest and I'm too impatient to keep waiting.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

That's a tough one..

Even if the dips seem problematic, experiment with a few different grips. Somthing else I do is out a generous amount of foam padding around the bar prior to starting. Makes a WORLD of difference insofar as wrist pain is concerned.

I'll noodle this around far a bit. Wrist is a tough one b/c whatever you do, you'll be grasping the bar/attachment.

Hope that helps...