1st Run Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

i had 1 tbsp natural peanut butter with my e-bol this morning
breakfast was a plate full of scrambled eggs and a little bit of cheese with a chocolate donut.
around 12 i had 2 scoops of higher power cnc whey
around 320 i had 1 tbsp peanut butter with ebol
around 4 i ate a chicken wrap with romaine, tomato with buffalo sauce and a cookie (wraps come with a cookie so these 2 will always go together)
8, just had a naked burrito (burrito with no wrap) with chicken, kidney and black beans, corn, black olives, medium salsa, salsa verde, pico de gallo, and a little cheese sauce
before bed i had 1 tbsp peanut butter with ebol then 2 scoops higher power vanilla casein before bed.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

What a great story about how you got into this game!

Did the girl hanging out of herr shorts motivate you b/c she looked great or awful? Wasn't clear after I read it but I had a LONG day on the road.

Very, very useful details and I appreciate you sharing it with me. I bet you're happy to be eating again! More detail tomorrow AM.. :)
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

haha, this girl was gorgeous. ass was hanging out because her shorts were so short :D
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

If this wasn't a private forum, MuscleTech would see this and create a new pre-workout/motivation supp called "AssTech"(tm)

AssTech contains a proprietary blend of d and l-ass (left and right mirror images of each other). Each serving of AssTech should be consumed with the bio-infused short shorts pouch. Note multiple pouch colors are enclosed for variety. This again is proprietary to MuscleTech and is part of our patent-pending non-infused variety enhancement pro-compliance technology.

P.S. We sue the hell out of anyone who claims our products don't work
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

i had problems falling asleep lat night and only got about 6 hours.

this morning i had 1 tbsp peanut butter with my ebol
breakfast was 4 eggs over hard and a veggie egg white omelet with cheddar cheese

lunch was 2 scoops cnc whey

around 2 i had a tbsp peanut butter with my ebol
230 i had another buffalo chicken wrap with a tbsp of ranch on it and a cookie

around 615 i had a little over 1 scoop cnc whey

dinner was cheese pizza and 2 cup cakes (this is why i tried to eat light earlier)
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

MSR- when you finish that Ebol, send the empty bottle to my attention and I'll replace it with a complimentary bottle of Kre-Anabolyn.

Hey, I'm in a holiday giving mood, what can I say... :)

John Drake c/o Muscle Mass Inc.
Box 80602 Olympic Dr.
Athens, GA 30608

Kre-Anabolyn is far more suitable for the Blueprint, which Rob can expound on more so than me in relation to the mechanisms at play.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

askmass wrote:MSR- when you finish that Ebol, send the empty bottle to my attention and I'll replace it with a complimentary bottle of Kre-Anabolyn.

Hey, I'm in a holiday giving mood, what can I say... :)

John Drake c/o Muscle Mass Inc.
Box 80602 Olympic Dr.
Athens, GA 30608

Kre-Anabolyn is far more suitable for the Blueprint, which Rob can expound on more so than me in relation to the mechanisms at play.
appreciate it
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Very generous of you John and speaks well to your confidence in Kre-Anabolyn...

MSR, we're big fans of MASS products around here. Having said that, I also don't discriminate and stand behind my word in The Blueprint..... I don't care who's supps you use. Results are what matter, and my goal is to get you results no matter what. That also goes for usings no supplements at all. Like everyone, I've fallen on hard times when I couldn't afford anything but food..

It will nevertheless, be a very interesting comparison when you get your Kre-Anabolyn!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

With regard to KA and The Blueprint...

Blueprint was in development as KA was being formulated. As my research evolved, it became apparent that Ecdy's glycogen storage/effect on insulin sensitivity was as profound (if not moreso) than the oft quoted protein synthesis properties.

For example, there is a Japanese patent on the Suma plant for treatment of diabetes. Yes, Suma as found in Adaptogen N is ecdysteroid rich as well as Kre-Anabloyn. These were based on in-vivo studies (not just in-vitro or in the test tube). The ecdysteroids contained therein are the speculated actives contributing to this effect. To support this fact, V.N. Syrov found much the same with Rhaponticum Carthamoides. That was the first clue..

Second clue was the oft cited feeling of "fullness" to the muscles from Ecdy users. Curiously, this was even reported in bodybuilders that were dieting. You just don't see that kind of feedback unless they're using LOTS of creatine or androgens. Then we had the consitent reports of an improvement in workload capacity, meaning you could perform more work per unit of time...a key consideration in hypertrophy oriented routines. Again, this occurred even in a depleted state (cutting/dieting).

When you add it all up, there was strong evidence that Ecdy's effect on glucose disposal was strong. In my opinion, this effect is more significant than the protein synthesis properties.

MASS agreed and incorporated the strongest glucose disposal agent around (4-hydroxy-L-Isoleucine) into the formula. 4HISO alone contributes to up to 60% greater glycogen storage and GREATLY increases creatine uptake. Accordingly, the kre-alkalyn in the formula is added to make sure all of that glycogen/creatine is available for storage in the muscle.

You can rest assured that when taken with a carbohydrate containing meal, the optimal amount of insulin will be secreted (via 4HISO's influence on pancreatic cells), your muscle cell insulin sensitivity will be heightened (via RCE's influence) and the necessary substrates for ATP storage (kre-alkalyn) are available at just the right time to leverage all that Ecdy brings to the table.

I am frankly surprised other companies haven't followed suit. They are missing the boat, IMO. I really need to stick a crowbar in my wallet and spring for a glucometer. Have been meaning to validate this effect via more objective measures.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

ive been under the impression for a long time now that kre alkyln was just hype. what makes it better than creatine mono?
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

didnt get enough sleep last night again. i have my first final today and studying kept me up a lot later than i was expecting.

woke up and had a tbsp peanut butter with ebol
breakfast was 2 scoops cnc whey
around 1120 i had 1 scoop whey before lunch
lunch around 1230 was 2 cheesy chicken chalupas. i added salsa, black olive, and guacamole and didnt eat the shells they came in.
had 2 more scoops of cnc whey around 530
had hooters chicken wings for dinner (all i could eat)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good man. Eat up and rest up. You should be feeling fuller and have the feeling of "can't wait to train" soon... Please let me know know if you're feeling/seeing any of these signs. You've got a lot going on so care should be taken to get those regular rest patterns now.

Now, on the Kre-Alkalyn here's my take:

Have used CrMh and get results. No issues (other than some mild cramping at BIG doses... I used to load with 40g/day for a week and maintain on 20). And yes, I drink a LOT of water-fluids and still got some cramping.

Now on Kre-Alkalyn... I get the same results in terms of muscle fullness, a few extra pounds on the scale and tiny jump in work capacity. Nothing like Ecdy but something.

I would simply say that Kre-Alkalyn is a more "efficient" form of creatine. You get the same results from a fraction of the dose and I at least get no cramping from it. Nothing magical about it but neither is there from CrMh. Creatine is creatine no matter how they spin it.

If CrMh is doing the job for you then by all means use that. I do find the convenience a major plus of KreAlkalyn but you pay a higher price. As always, experiment and see what works best for you.

Neither form is going to make or break your program..
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

MSR9889 wrote:ive been under the impression for a long time now that kre alkyln was just hype. what makes it better than creatine mono?
Yet, you've never tried it to see for yourself first hand?

No offense, but it sounds like you bought into someone else's counter-hype against it. Someone heavily invested in doing so, or else influenced by the same.

Patents on such things don't come easy and Jeff's research findings are as valid and compelling as can be.

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/kre-alkalyn-c ... facts.html

Rob is right in that it is a vastly more efficient form of creatine. For a significant portion of people, the cramping, dehydration, bloating etc. from mono is intolerable, and there is a clear, scientific fact as to why it happens.

Not so with Kre-Alkalyn. It isn't an issue at all.

And, the convince is the difference in timing 20 grams taken "just right" over the day, verses popping two caps.

Lots of companies don't want to pay that Patent fee is the key in unlocking the truth coming from naysayers.

There is no contest, not in the real world.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

my thoughts were based off of this:

"Kre-alkalyn? supplementation has no beneficial effect on creatine-to-creatinine conversion rates.

Tallon MJ1 and Child R2

1University of Northumbria, Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, 2Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom. DrTallon@CR-Technologies.net

All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp. (Billings, MT, USA) claim that Kre-alkalyn? (KA) a ?Buffered? creatine, is 100% stable in stomach acid and does not convert to creatinine. In contrast, they also claim that creatine monohydrate (CM) is highly pH labile with more than 90% of the creatine converting to the degradation product creatinine in stomach acids. To date, no independent or university laboratory has evaluated the stability of KA in stomach acids, assessed its possible conversion to creatinine, or made direct comparisons of acid stability with CM.

This study examined whether KA supplementation reduced the rate of creatine conversion to creatinine, relative to commercially available CM (Creapure?). Creatine products were analyzed by an independent commercial laboratory using testing guidelines recommended by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). Each product was incubated in 900ml of pH 1 HCL at 37? 1oC and samples where drawn at 5, 30 and 120 minutes and immediately analyzed by HPLC (UV) for creatine and creatinine.

In contrast to the claims of All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp., the rate of creatinine formation from CM was found to be less than 1% of the initial dose, demonstrating that CM is extremely stable under acidic conditions that replicate those of the stomach. This study also showed that KA supplementation actually resulted in 35% greater conversion of creatine to creatinine than CM. In conclusion the conversion of creatine to creatinine is not a limitation in the delivery of creatine from CM and KA is less stable than CM in the acid conditions of the stomach."