matter2003 Journal/Introduction

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

I have some very exciting news indeed today! Fitting into all size 36 pants and my old Medium Adidas parachute workout pants from 15 years ago. My buddy at work today told me I looked like I was "swimming" in the pants I had on. I looked and even with the belt pulled as tight as could be and my shirt tucked in, they were falling off my waist.

I got home, pulled some old 36 pants that I tried to fit into about a month and a half ago and couldn't, and EASILY fit in them...no tightness or anything...completely normal fitting...then I went and tried on my old Adidas pants and they fit perfectly fine too.

Really starting to drop fat around my midsection during cruise...gotta be all those hellacious morning HIIT sessions after taking GABA at night...

Weighed in this morning at 211 lbs, 24 hour fast today, which was one of the easiest ones I have done yet...literally wasn't hungry at all...

Got home and downed a few nice turkey/cheese sandwiches on wheat bread that I put on the sandwich maker to heat up...super good...followed by a few big tablespoons of peanut butter and some chocolate magic shell and a glass of milk. Polished off with a nice bowl of honey bunches of oats. Still short about 1300-1500 cals on the day even after eating all this, so I really am not overly concerned with a little junk...

Just bought an Omron Full Body Sensor Composition Monitor, which is supposed to be pretty accurate(takes a whole body reading, not just lower body), and gives Body Fat%, Skeletal Muscle%, Visceral Fat %(fat around organs, BMI(worthless for us), resting metabolism, weight and body age(good shape=body age lower than actual age, bad shape=body age more than actual age). Interesting to see how it works, and it stores results for 90 days, perfect for a BP run...couldn't pass as I got a great deal on it for $39 bucks on E-bay on an open box return that was never used...

Looking forward to my last HIIT cardio session before my week off tomorrow...
sergio BD

Post by sergio BD »

Matter2003, seems you have done a great job on this BP run!

I get motivated by reading your log and also some good hints

enjoy your week off and hopefully we´ll see here soon.

Sergio
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

sergio BD wrote:Matter2003, seems you have done a great job on this BP run!

I get motivated by reading your log and also some good hints

enjoy your week off and hopefully we´ll see here soon.

Sergio
Sergio,

thanks for the kind words! That run was beyond my wildest dreams of what I even thought was possible in 3 months...challenge yourself every workout...in this program you get to the point where no weight feels too heavy...take it and run with it, and try and start your next workout at the weight you worked up to in the previous workout...that was the thing I tried to do every workout...I wasn't able to every time, but probably about 75% of the time I managed to do it...

You seem to be doing quite well yourself, keep up the good work, I have been reading thru your journal as well. If I can help in any way while Rob is less active, please let me know.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Woke up and did some steady state cardio this morning, body just didn't feel up to another HIIT session, so I changed it up a little bit, although I actually was on a 9/9(hill/resistance) today versus a 7/7 that I usually do my HIIT on, so it wasn't that much of a break...heart rate was up in the high 140's to low 150's most of the workout. Did 20 minutes and a 5 minute cooldown...

I have also noticed a few other observations over the past few days regarding my new and improved body:

1) My hamstrings have gotten really, really big. Like really big.

2) I am starting to notice my upper 2 sets of abs starting to poke out a little bit, especially my uppermost set.

3) I am getting my crease back on my upper pec when I flex it hard. It looks like a big line going across my chest. I used to have it a long time ago when I was around 5% bodyfat and a lot lighter in my soccer playing days in college(I weighed about 150 lbs or so and for a few weeks was in the high 140s...yikes---way too much cardio!), but have not had it for about 13-14 years now!!

4) I am now able to independently flex both my lats and my uppermost abdominal muscles(right under my pecs), which is really weird feeling when I do it and they go in and out. I don't recall ever having been able to do either one of those(I know for sure, I was never able to do my abs)

5) I have dropped a significant amount of fat from my lower midsection from my navel on down. It looks like I may have even chopped it in half.

Gonna get some sleep tonite and get ready for work and my vacation starting at 6pm tomorrow!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

The "chopped in half" commentary, is priceless... :)
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

See u all in a week!