matter2003 Journal/Introduction

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Just ordered a "Get Some Bols Stack" for my next feast run. In no way, shape or form is that any kind of statement about MASS products...they are among the highest quality supps I have ever taken, and I can't imagine these will outperform KA and AN, but at the same time I have heard good things about those as well, and want to see how they compare so I can see what works best for me...don't worry John, will definitely be back as a MASS customer!

Excited to be starting my 2nd run once I get back from Ohio 3rd week of August(first day of famine Aug 15th!) and experimenting with the Pete Sisco CNS workout program in conjunction with the BP protocols(ya I know this is going a little off the board, but this just seems like the perfect marriage)

Expecting super-charged results and getting so big so fast that people are gonna accuse me of being on steroids....can't wait to have those discussions...hahahaha

Looking forward to my final 2 cruise workouts on Sunday and next Wednesday and then taking my off week while going on vacation with the family...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Solid strategy, Matt...

As you know, I love MASS's products. I've sampled others in the past, but always come back. It seems that no matter how flashy the other campaigns (MASS isn't into "flashy"), the quality always shines through.

Like any company, MASS has some "nice" world beaters. Nevertheless Thermo is a quality company with the ONLY other Ecdy product I'm comfortable recommending.

On that Ecdy comparison alone, you're about to find out how "full spectrum" actives stack up against those extracted for the suspected "active ingredient".

There is no right or wrong answer here, only personal preference. I personally feel nature doesn't f up, so I stick with full spectrum extracts. To each his own though...

One item I found that nobody's ever come close on: MassPro. If you're paying for protein (not a meal replacement - there is a difference!), there's no better buy based on the quality of ingredients.

That protein is the best on the market IMO, for what it is and does. Uber-flexible, it can be used intra-workout (di-tri peptides go a LONG way, along with the extra Glutamine/Taurine/Colostrum). Outside the workout, the mix of WPC/WPI mixed in milk/consumed with other food sources slows it's delivery, making it as good or BETTER than caseinate.

The flavoring?

Forget about it. Best flavored protein out there, IMO. Yes, you can beat it IF you load your protein up with fats/sugars etc., but who needs that stuff, especially intra workout (fat slows the release, in the GI tract).

Dunno. I suppose you could go to a bulk house, but I've tried that just about EVERYWHERE, and NOBODY I could find offer the merits of WPC/WPI, inclusive is di-tri peptides, extra Glutamine/Taurine AND Colostrum.

On that latter item (Colostrum), I credit it with incredible immune boosting benefits and the "soothing" effect seen with MassPro, after a week or so of use. If you're using at least 3 scoops/day, you know what I'm talking about. Bought in bulk (or at least a case) and used in this fashion, you'll never go back...

At least I didn't... :)

Good luck with the Bol's!
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Continuing on with Cruise today on a cardio day...weighed in at 210 lbs this morning...ate some awesome burgers I made last night and had some lentils with chicken for the other meals...

Cruise stack: 1 Cap BIU+1 cap African Mango+4 caps Quercetin twice daily, once in the morning and again before workout...

Feeling pretty good, very little soreness from yesterday's lifting session, almost feels like I didn't lift....

HIIT cardio today consisting of 5 min warmup, 30 sec on/60 sec off HIIT x 6, 5 min cooldown....

love my 15 min cardio sessions...sure as heck beats trying to look like a marathon runner by doing hour long cardio sessions...

Looking forward to ripping off some morning HIIT cardio tomorrow(yeah, I am sacrificing by waking up early...you know how I HATE morning workouts...although cardio in the morning is actually beneficial...) in a fasted state, followed by completing a 24 hour fast...

Meditation is going well, I have noticed my body becomes a furnace while meditating and I feel very warm and start sweating. Its strange because I neither sweat before nor after the meditation while being in the same place with the same clothes on, in the same position and at the same temperature...had a somewhat weird experience yesterday where I actually started dreaming during the meditation, but then I consciously told myself that I need to be meditating and not dreaming and I snapped myself out of it...that was pretty interesting to say the least...hahaha
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Weighed in at 210 lbs this morning, did some HIIT cardio and then continued my fast til about 8:30 pm...that was freaking brutal...
got home and semi-pigged out, 2 hamburgers, 4 slices wheat bread, some mashed potatoes, carrots, glass of milk and a small bowl of cereal....along with 2 low sugar popcicles...probably about 1300-1500 calories...

No workout tomorrow, just some eating and then Upper Body Cruise workout #3 on Sunday...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

So weight is stabilizing, good workouts etc..

The essence of Cruise: Establishing a new homeostasis... :)
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Weighed in at 209 this morning, and did Cruise workout #3. Unfortunately, more struggles on the 5 x 5 bench for me...

Cruise Workout #3:

BP Warmup: 95 x 10/135 x 5/155 x 4/185 x 3/205 x 2

BP: 205 x 5/205 x 5/205 x 5/205 x 4/205 x 3--185 x 2
- really hit the wall today on set 4/5...very disappointed with this. I should NOT be struggling at this weight...

Shoulder Press(HS Smith Machine): 125 x 5/125 x 5/125 x5/125 x5/135 x5
-all lifts felt really easy, even when I added a 5 lb plate on each side...no issues at all--per Hammer Strength, the Smith Machine Bar weighs 35 lbs

Close Grip Bench Static Hold: 355 lbs x 8 secs
-tried to get up 395 lbs, but it didn't want to budge so I dropped to 355 lbs and held for 8 secs, but when it failed, it REALLY failed.

Thank God I had the bar stops set up or it would have come crashing down right on my face/neck area...for some reason I twisted the Smith Machine bar when I lifted it, which I usually don't do on my static presses, which meant it was away from the stops. I usually just push straight up so when it comes down, it just reracks itself... Wanted to use the Power Rack, but once again someone was using it...

Shoulders/traps/delts very sore already...expecting to have some good DOMS going on tomorrow and Tuesday...

Hoping to finish Cruise around 205 lbs...can already tell I have dropped a lot of fat because my belt is already at its last notch but I could easily tighten it another 2 holes if there were holes there...time for a new belt I guess!
sergio BD

Post by sergio BD »

Man you need to be careful with those statics...you are handling a lot of weight

before BP I was doing presses in the rack/bech without any security, after reading in this forum what hapenned to that guy who crushed his chest....security comes first!

BTW: how are the statics in the smith machine? I would like to increase the weight in my seated shoulder press static hold but in the rack I can't secure it so I've been thinking in the smith machine...

Sergio
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

sergio BD wrote:Man you need to be careful with those statics...you are handling a lot of weight

before BP I was doing presses in the rack/bech without any security, after reading in this forum what hapenned to that guy who crushed his chest....security comes first!

BTW: how are the statics in the smith machine? I would like to increase the weight in my seated shoulder press static hold but in the rack I can't secure it so I've been thinking in the smith machine...

Sergio
Careful here, with the Smith...

The issue being, you have to rotate the weight to "unhook" it. Doing so (especially on a shoulder movement), can be dangerous. You have two options as I see it.

Press only from the pin, using the runners as a guide. Alternatively, suspend the bar from heavy chains, looped around the runners. I've used both, and prefer the chains.

Hope that helps!
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

sergio BD wrote:Man you need to be careful with those statics...you are handling a lot of weight

Sergio
Statics in smith machine are great...however bench press statics in smith machine seem to be front delt centered while in a power rack they center more on triceps...

I do shoulder statics in smith machine also...make sure your hands are no more than shoulder width apart
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Last workout for this BP run, and it was a good one.

Cruise Workout #4

Squats Warmup: 145 x 10/195 x 5/275 x 4/375 x 3/405 x 2

Squats(V-Squat): 405 lbsx 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5
-no issues here, again focused on ass to the bottom squats, had a brief pause on last rep in sets 4 and 5, but could have easily done a few more reps...

Static Hold Leg Press: 1610 lbs x 15+ seconds <--maxed out(34 plates)

Seated Cable Row: 205 lbs x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5
-no issues with this, weight felt easy...

Static Standing Calf Press: 735 lbs x 15+ seconds
-very easy, prob could add a few hundred pounds to this...

Static Machine Curl: 205 lbs x 20 seconds(did right and left individually)
-tried doing one arm at a time, but it still felt easy....

Static Ab Crunch Machine: 195 lbs x 12 seconds
-abs started spasming and had to stop...did 5 or 6 more holds for 10 seconds or so leading up to that weight...

All in all, a good workout, felt pretty strong, especially in legs. Squats felt really easy, even while making sure I was going as far down as possible...

Added a little twist to "The Formula" today, as I tossed in 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to help with glucose disposing. Cinnamon increases cells glucose metabolism by up to 20 times normal, so figured it would fit in perfectly to help make up for the disposing agents in KA...also tasted AWESOME in there with the Karbolyn and my special protein mix...

Looking forward to some HIIT cardio sessions to finish off my week, going on vacation starting Saturday night, and resting, recovering and coming back to start my 2nd run Monday August 15th, which is going to be day 1 of famine!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ah yes, the Matter Mass Machine Madness Marches on...

There's a lesson here related to Cruise I'd like everyone to take note of. When Matter originally started, he expressed some difficulty/awkwardness with the new training template/shift taking place.

If memory serves, I counseled to give it a few sessions and things would rapidly improve.

And low and behold, here we are finishing strong (emphasis on strong - 1,600+lb leg press statics?, sheesh!).

There is a reason for every season in Blueprint, and I designed it as such to continually stay ahead of your body's adaptation curve. You won't always feel "comfortable", making these transitions. In fact, you shouldn't. It's a GOOD sign you're out of your comfort zone - it means you're growing, both physically and you can apply that to intellectual pursuits as well.

Great job Matter. EPIC run and if not the best ever, for sure in the top 3. THANK YOU, for being open to a new way, a better way.

The road, to Gainsville... :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ah yes, the Matter Mass Machine Madness Marches on...

There's a lesson here related to Cruise I'd like everyone to take note of. When Matter originally started, he expressed some difficulty/awkwardness with the new training template/shift taking place.

If memory serves, I counseled to give it a few sessions and things would rapidly improve.

And low and behold, here we are finishing strong (emphasis on strong - 1,600+lb leg press statics?, sheesh!).

There is a reason for every season in Blueprint, and I designed it as such to continually stay ahead of your body's adaptation curve. You won't always feel "comfortable", making these transitions. In fact, you shouldn't. It's a GOOD sign you're out of your comfort zone - it means you're growing, both physically and you can apply that to intellectual pursuits as well.

Great job Matter. EPIC run and if not the best ever, for sure in the top 3. THANK YOU, for being open to a new way, a better way.

matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:Ah yes, the Matter Mass Machine Madness Marches on...

I am the one that needs to be thanking you, not the other way around for making it all possible!!! Overall my last workout was definitely my best in cruise by far. Would have liked to have better results on the bench press, as I am unsure why I struggled at this weight, because I shouldn't have...

The only thing I can even think about is getting back after vacation and starting another run. I think about it when I wake up, while I am work and before I go to bed every night. Got my "Got Some Bols Stack" in and its ready to go. Want to be forced into buying new shirts due to them not fitting at all(they are barely fitting now---underarm seams keep tearing on all my shirts because of my chest/lats width)!!

Today did some early morning HIIT cardio and followed it up with taking some BCAA's...really hate waking up early to do cardio, but all the hotties at the gym during that time at least make it worth the effort!..hahahaha
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Hotties = more gym time, yes.

Now be sure to setup BEHIND the stairstepper/ponytail express. You'll need to feign watching the TV monitors/being engrossed in Time magazine, but it's an easy enough drill.

Everyone understands of course, you're there for the glute-vision, including the ladies. No words are spoken, but it's understood. After all, when you don the spandex and are sporting crack, your inviting the eyeball parade.

Remember, staring is rude but not illegal - and you have rights. Simply carry a copy of The Constitution, highlighting the portion therein which speaks to your "right to pursue happiness..."

And happiness for you my friend, are the hotties... :)