HIIT cardio

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Dragon

pm

Post by Dragon »

check your pm. I don't want to digress too much from matter's post.
micalhassi

Post by micalhassi »

HIIT is a best form of cardio work out to take control on body fitness and build attractive shape. I do it in the morning both slow and fast. If you also do it then take a point in mind that go from slow to fast with normal positions. Mean don't increase speed quickly just slowly slowly boost. I do following cardio work out:-
Running,
Bicycle,
Walk,
Jogging,
Hiking.
wtmarcus

Re: hiit

Post by wtmarcus »

Dragon wrote:Kettlebells might make sense at a lower weight. But i fear that you might not be able to do enough to cross into the aerobic zone energy system and keep your heart rate up for atleast 5 min.
Done properly it is no problem to get into HIIT-ranges. Check Kenneth Jay's book "Viking Warrior Conditioning" for an excellent guide on how to perform this. Primarily it involves very fast kettlebell snatches with somewhat light kettlebells.

Also a cadence test somewhat akin to the standard "run for 1 minute, increase pace, run 1 minute, increase pace, run 1 minute, increase pace, run 1 minute, then all out run" to hit the actual sweet spot.

Adding this style of training to BP3. Not so sure. :) And sprinting is more effective.
wtmarcus

Re: HIIT and Kettlebell Complexes

Post by wtmarcus »

Caleb1000 wrote:Rob,

Do you feel that adding in 3 rounds of Kettlebell complexes to the 3 BP weekly workouts would be detrimental or beneficial. The exercises would consist of KB swing, KB clean and press, KB snatch and KB front squat all in succession. Perhaps doing this complex 3 times with 1minute rest n between sets. Thanks
Sounds like excellent GPP if anything?