BP Run Take One...

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ha ha! Yes indeed...

I notice the exact same thing. It seems that your strength jumps radically during typical heavy-duty/1 set to failure training. The price you pay is that your workload capacity tanks. This is particularly evident when dieting!

BUT, this is exactly the effect we're after. After achieving new record high strength levels you're set up for hypertrophy. We achieve this via 5 x 5.

No worries on where you're at. You'll be pleasantly surprised when your workload capacity returns next week. I expect you'll eventually be able to perform the full 5 sets of 5 by the end of maintenance..

Do take care to address the environmental factors affecting your health. Rest assured though, Blueprint will do this for you automatically via the Famine, which will be soon enough! I'm working on that for you now...

Nice work.
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Lowered calories + lowered protein + no KA & Ad + 12 hour shifts = 225 weigh in.
That's ok~ strength was there as was the vascularity. No problem getting 5 x 5 + 2 on the last set. Sets one and two actually seemed harder. Took a bit to warm up I guess, only did one set of 8 with 225 to warm then jumped in to 355. Static holds were interesting and rows..... Wow, for not doing the row motion for a while my back actually got stronger. I used the whole stack for my second set and I'm sure I've never been able to do that before.
Today's the 14th, the day after the wo, and I'm not really sore yet. I can feels my quads and glutes but nothing like my chest after the first maintenance workout.
More 12 hr night shifts this week, and will try eating more, my body is tired and just tells me it's full.
My weight fluctuation is crazy, I've always gone up to come down but this has been more drastic with weight and with time frame.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes! Your work capacity is coming up just as I thought it would. Actually faster than I thought it would.

The fact your weight is flunctuating so wildly means your body is searching... searching for a new set point. This is a good sign (a very good sign) and you should keep at it. The gains are being made "permanent"....
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Upper workout #2
295 Bench good untill 5th rep of fourth set needed some help so dropped to 285 to push out four good reps and one forced
Shoulder press was tough, lowered weight
Static hold with 110lb weighted dip (all the benches were taken)
226 weigh in. I'm beat.....
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Excellent. Strive to complete that 295 for 5 full sets of 5 by end of Cruise phase. You'll get there..
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Oh Crap 224 weigh in
The only thing that makes that ok is that I've lost weight not strength.
Vehicle problems led to a 1 mile run to the gym (at least I'm close)
Squat
Warm up 225 X 5
355 4 X 5 final set X 8~ Squats felt strong today, full depth all power

Static hold on sled as prescribed closer to 20 sec, I under shot my weight then calf hold 15-20 sec

Rows the same 4 X 5 final set X 6 felt good and strong

Ab hold, different cable this time more weight 6-10 sec (I was a Shakin)

Bi hold 10-15 sec
Did light curls between sets of squat to warm up as well
Ran 1 mile home

I imagine I'll feel this one by the end of my shift tonight. Work still the same making rest/sleep minimal. Should be a little better this week because I don't have to worry about school and soccer with my son.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Take heart, your schedule is temporary and in time will be overcome. In fact, we'll use it to your advantage during the upcoming Famine!

Also take note of the fact that your strength levels are very near your all time highs..... and you're 10lbs lighter. You can also maintain those levels over 5 sets now vs. 1 set to absolute failure so nice work.

I would be really curious to know how your bodyfat changed during this time. You just can't gain/retain that much strength, lose scale weight and not have more muscle. The engine moving those weights would have to have gotten bigger....and that engine is your muscle tissue.
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

I agree, I wish my gyms scale worked right. I've thought about picking a home bf scale but not sure if I believe the accuracy some claim. I have lost a bit around the mid section, my abs are playing peek-a-boo.
I would like to add my bend, twist, and crunch wo back into my next run.

I want to time it as this job is nearing its end. Even if that means doing my own thing for a couple of weeks.

Another side note here, for about four days last week I had a natural climb in my libido. Much like the effects of test boosters or ph. Maybe it was just my once a month "man-cycle."

If allowed I will try hitting my brother-in-laws gym on Christmas to keep this going. At least with my new weights I wont need to hang the "Blocks" off the ends of the bar.

Best wishes to all this week during the holiday season.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great work Draco.

Let me know when you're ready to make the transition to Famine. I have some ideas given your goals.

Can you share with me what you'd like to get out of your next Blueprint run?
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

First things first-There were a lot of reasons my workout went as badly as it did, lack of sleep, lack of nutrition, lack of pre wo supps, cold garage gym....
It was terrible, no strength at all, had to go down 40lbs to get my five sets of five on bench down five to ten on shoulder press. Bad....
Not sure where I'm weighing in right now. I plan on going to the gym tomorrow for legs, I'll weigh in then.

Goals for the next cycle are size and definition. I've lost definition over this cycle and want to put the new muscle and strength to use. I don't need to trim just yet, keeping or adding weight is fine. Abs as I've stated before.

Work is up in the air right now, got a couple of days off then on standby. I'll keep you posted.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Man I understand this. Sometimes life conspires.

Always remember though.... GREAT lifters make big comebacks from bad workouts. Just like life. I believe you to be just such a person.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Man, it's so true... sometimes you are forced to take two steps back, then you refocus and march ahead five.
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Bam! I'm back. Weighed in at 227. 5X5 felt great squattin 355 with three extra at the end. Static hold for legs. 5X5 cable rows then scratched the static holds today and did seated calf raises, curls, and crunches for reps. 3-5 sets. Felt good, but have to go to work......
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

And there it is..

I knew it Draco, just knew it. As I said prior, great lifters come back from adversity with a vengence.

And you indeed are back!