1st Run Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

dining halls are closed so im living off of whats in my room right now. i might order a pizza later.

breakfast was 2 scoops cnc whey with ebol
few hours later i had about 2 servings of almonds
coupls hours after than ebol with another 2 scoops cnc whey and about 2 servings white chocolate peanut butter
dinner was turkey and stuffing with gravy and a slice of cherry pie
i had another 2 scoops cnc whey around 10
2 scoops casein around 12
and 2 scoops casein around 3
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I remember these times at college. Lonely...

At least you're making the most of things and using the time to better yourself. Plenty of people have already hit the highway.

You know, the highway to body composition holiday hell.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

had ebol with about 1 tbsp white chocolate peanut butter before breakfast
breakfast was 2 scoops cnc whey
lunch was 2 scoops cnc whey, a serving of teddy grahams, and some white chocolate peanut butter
had a snack of 2 scoops cnc whey
had ebol with dark chocolate peanut butter around 830
dinner was boneless wing bites in honey bbq sauce
before bed i had 2 scoops casein
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

When's the next workout?
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:When's the next workout?
im going tonight. i couldnt go last night because i got home later than expected.

before breakfast i had 1 tbsp dark chocolate peanut butter and ebol
breakfast was 6 eggs with 1/2 cup salsa and about 3 servings of buffalo sauce flavored cheese
lunch was 2 scoops XF chocolate whey, about 1.5 tbsp dark chocolate peanut butter, and 1 serving of both bbq flavored pretzels and chips
around 420 i had 1.5 tbsp dark choc. peanut butter with ebol
around 5 i had boneless chicken wing bites in honey bbq sauce and 2 pieces of string cheese
pwo was 2 scoops lipotropic protein in 12oz chocolate unsweetened almond milk
dinner is 1 cup perdue shortcuts turkey and a piece of string cheese and a cup full of bbq chips
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

workout today:
bench- 95 x 15, 185 x 3 with help on the third
superset with db pullovers- 70 x 2

squat- bar a few times, 225 x 2
stiff leg deadlifts off ~4 in deficit- 245 x 3

my back didnt hold up too well on the squats. its was harder to get my back straight than my legs.

i had a question about what you think is optimal for post workout nutrition. today i had 2 scoops of protein and a few carbs, but normally i do 20-25g protein and 50g of simple carbs. what is your take on this?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Couple of things..

First, do look into the Super Squats Hip Belt OR Spud Belt.

Briefly, the hip belt suspends the weight between your legs vs placing the bar on your back. This removes the vertical compression of the spine during the lift and allows for unrestricted breathing (deep breaths) during the lift.

Whether or not you have back problems, this is a lift worth looking into. It takes a few sessions to get used to but you can finally open the throttle with very little risk of injury and really reap the benefits of this fantastic routine.

There are two quality hip belts available for sale: The IronMind Hip Belt and the Spud Belt available here:

IRONMIND HIP BELT

https://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmi ... umber=1220

SPUD SQUAT BELT

https://www.flexcart.com/members/eliteft ... D&pid=1595

If you do order either one, I highly suggest getting the Ironmind loading pin, which can be found here and makes loading/unloading a snap:

15" LOADING PIN

https://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmi ... ber=1314-C

Now, on carb intake in the post workout period it varies. If you're happy with your bodyfat levels you can start with a 2:1 carb to protein ratio. Never take in less carbs than protein as the protein will be burned for energy/replace lost glycogen and not be used to build muscle.

If however, you're still chasing down bodyfat you may substitute an equal amount of L-Glutamine for the sugar/carb. Reason? Little known fact: Glutamine will elicit as much insulin release as sugar on a gram for gram basis. It does so, however, via a different mechanism (glucogenesis) vs. the rise in blood sugar and corresponding insulin squirt.

Neat trick to drive the complete proteins into the muscle cell vs. using sugar to do it.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

im not really concerned about bodyfat for this run, maybe in the future, so i will definitely have to pick up some glutamine.
also one other question. i dont think this is a problem, but i just wanted to see what you had to say. i was thinking of starting off by having a protein shake with ebol first thing in the morning, the eggs/breakfast about an hour later. sound good?

anyways, i started with that today
before breakfast was a little over 2 scoops cnc whey and about 1 tbsp dark choc peanut butter with ebol
breakfast was 6 eggs with about 3 servings of buffalo sauce/cheese and salsa and a handful of bbq chips
later i had a big bowl of chocolate peanut butter ice cream
around 6 i had 2 scoops xf choc whey with ebol
dinner was a lean turkey burger with buffalo cheese
i had a piece of string cheese before going to the movies around 930, decided not to get popcorn
before bed i had about 1.5 scoops xf choc. whey and 1.5 scoops casein
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

No problems whatsoever. In fact, I encourage people to take it with some fat.

You seem to be eating well!
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

before breakfast i had a little less than 1 scoop xf whey and a sample of sni protein blend with ebol and about a tbsp of dark choc. peanut butter
lunch was a turkey burger with buffalo cheese and some buffalo pretzels
snack was a big bowl of choc. peanut butter ice cream with about 4 tbsp white choc. peanut butter
dinner was about hald a large bbq chicken pizza
after dinner i had 2 scoops xf choc. pb whey and ebol
before bed 2 scoops casien, ~1tbsp dark choc pb, and ebol
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK so if I'm following correctly, you've just finished phase I of Feast, establishing a new 1RM (or close to it) on a couple of your compound lifts.

Are you all set insofar as being able to transition to phase II (German loading pattern #1)?

Either way please let me know. Here to help...
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:OK so if I'm following correctly, you've just finished phase I of Feast, establishing a new 1RM (or close to it) on a couple of your compound lifts.

Are you all set insofar as being able to transition to phase II (German loading pattern #1)?

Either way please let me know. Here to help...
i still have the deloading workout tomorrow and max on tuesday
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

before breakfast i had 2 scoops xf cho pb whey and ~1tbsp dark choc pb with ebol
breakfast was the last 3 squares of pizza from last night and 1 scoop casein
snacked all through out the day
dinner was turkey, seasoned sweet potatoes, rice and beans with platanos, salad, potato salad
desert was pecan pie and a little carrot cake
when i got home i had another 2 scoops xf whey, tbsp peanut butter, and ebol
had 2 scoops casein and ebol before bed
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK, thank you for clarifying.

Hit it hard, you should be feeling the traction soon if you already haven't!!