PWO SHAKE

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
peb5048

PWO SHAKE

Post by peb5048 »

Just looking for some ideas for a post workout shake for the first two weeks of Feast, where I will be consuming 3,720 Calories (Training Days) made up of 310g Protein/430g Carbohydrates/85g Fat

My Supplements during feast:

EAS 100% Whey Protein
ON 100% Casein Protein
Mass Pro Amino
ON GlYCOMAIZE (Wazy Maize)
Kre-Anabolyn
Adaptogen N
AAKG
Caffeine
Beta Alanine
ZMA

I would very much appreciate it if someone could help me put together a PWO routine for my first two weeks where I am eating 120% of my maintanence calories.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

This is what I did for intra shake:

50g mass protein
80g waxy maize
20g BCAA
10g glutamine

Sip throughout workout and then post workout I have 25g mass protein.

Now I am recomping so I am only using 40g waxy maize.

Kre-Anabolyn pre and post workout

I think Mass pro amino has glutamine in it but IMO that is the least important of the ingredients anyway...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Given your list here's what I'd suggest:

1.) This shouldn't be a POST workout drink but rather a peri-workout drink, meaning before, during and after the workout. Latest research supports the fact this is superior to waiting until afterwards.

2.) SUGGESTED DRINK MIX

75g of Glycomaize
20g of Mass Pro Amino
25g of EAS 100% Whey
3-5g of beta alanine

Consume your dose of Caffeine/Kre-Anabolyn/AAKG about an hour prior to the workout with a small meal containing mixed carbs/protein. Perhaps half a cup of oats/honey with a scoop of 100% casein. Plenty of water too.

15 min prior to the workout, begin sipping on your drink I outline above. The nutrients will rapidly begin starting to hit your bloodstream. Between sets during your workout, sip on this drink. Pace yourself with the drink such that you have a bit left at the end of your workout. Wash the remainder down with a dose of Kre-Anabolyn.

This is the well established 3:1 carb to protein ratio for bulking (assume that's your goal) and will rapidly deliver said nutrients to you muscles during the workout. It'll also raise insulin to offset the rise in cortisol and provide enough energy to power through your sets.

An hour later consume a solid food meal of mostly carbohydrates, some protein and a bit of fat.

45 min prior to bed 1 serving of 100% casein, Adaptogen N and ZMA.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

DaCookie wrote:This is what I did for intra shake:

50g mass protein
80g waxy maize
20g BCAA
10g glutamine

Sip throughout workout and then post workout I have 25g mass protein.

Now I am recomping so I am only using 40g waxy maize.

Kre-Anabolyn pre and post workout

I think Mass pro amino has glutamine in it but IMO that is the least important of the ingredients anyway...
The Glutamine Supreme portion of MPA is actually the highest grams of the array, but the key is in the overall (and quite distinctive) ratio of all the aminos present.

It's a very quickly absorbed natural anabolic and anti-catabolic agent with some powerful effects, all on it's own.

I don't think it is nearly as "feelable" just how effective it is during weight workouts, but the difference is surely exhibited during intra endurance activity use and by those employing it as a first of the morning anabolic tonic, etc.

Anyway, just for the record the Glutamine content is indeed substantial and vital to the overall product profile.

*As a sidenote, due to customer feedback we've upgraded to a much nicer dosing scoop included in MASS PRO Amino. The new handle is extra long for ease of use, and the scoop itself is now deeper and more compact to allow for spill free transfer to shaker bottles, etc.