Muscle Media "Add 50lbs to your bench press" Progr

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Muscle Media "Add 50lbs to your bench press" Progr

Post by RobRegish »

The Powerbuilding Bench Program found here:

https://www.geocities.com/~slopitch/mm2k/ - Link no longer working. Please go here:

https://www.timinvermont.com/fitness/benchpgm.htm

It's an undulating periodization template that's pretty savvy in terms of how it works. 14 workouts so you have to squeeze them into the feast phase but it's certainly do-able. Cliff Notes:

- Start 5-10lbs LOWER than your tested 1RM. You can always jump ahead on this program, but it's not good phsychologically to be dropping back when starting it.

- It's acceptable to do only 3 total work sets vs. the 4-5 they recommend. Just make sure to keep it consistent and follow the tables for prescribed reps/weight used.

- The incorporation of negatives is savvy and well timed. If you're up in the air about how to best incorporate into your feast phases, this is a great starting point.

- The built in failure tests are terrific. You're given the opportunity to "test" your progress at regular intervals during the middle of the program. Very important in getting the most out of the program.

- One con... it starts you out and keeps you in the 90th percentile pretty darn fast. In other words, you can only rotate it into your Feast phases sparingly. Done back to back it has a high failure rate the second time around.

- Gains of 50lbs are rare, but 25-35lbs are very common.
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Great workout for the chest and tri's but light on shoulders, and very light on legs.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Agree.

I use it as part of a broader plan though. How have your results been? Have you used it many times?

Curious as to your observations..
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

I haven't used it yet. Just more investigating and research before I form my own split. I am thinking about using most of this one when the feast comes around.
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Just looking back and this geocitie is no longer available. Any new link or is it my server?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »