New User

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You will Zee, you will..

Remember what I said prior. There can be no great victory's (Midway)without risk/setback (Pearl Harbor).

This will be your battle of Midway. After that, we drop the big one and go nuclear for run #2!
zeebodybuilder

Post by zeebodybuilder »

Do you think b4 maxing out on 135k bench I SHOULD DO 130kg.. as Bp states to jump from 125kg set to 135kg which is the final set. I dont know just asking..
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I'd personally follow the plan...

Visualize, rest up and hit it. Hard.
zeebodybuilder

Phase 3

Post by zeebodybuilder »

Phase 3 has only 2 workouts? but it makes you train the whole body in 2 workouts. So many days a week do you train. should you still use the 1 day on 1 off rotation. or 1 day on 2 off etc?

A. Suggest every other day to start, insert extra rest days as needed.

Day 1
Chest
- Bench press 5 sets of 5 reps or 80% of your new 1RM.

As I never achieved my 1 rep max here what shoudl I aim for?
122kg was the last set 1 done saturday and barely got it up. so dont know what to use 130kg or 122 as my 1 rep max. as i never achieved my 135kg mark for new Pr?

A. Shoot for 80% of 122kg. You can progress easily with that and you can work on form.

Do I do any warm up sets prior to going for the first set on 5x5 how many sets reps etc?

A. Warm up the exact same way as in Feast.

3 mins rest is to be taken between sets as mentioned on page 21>

next shoulders should this be done immediately after bench?

A. Yes but after a brief rest to recapture your strength.

Or how much rest is meant to be taken before moving onto different body part?

A. Enough to catch your breath and feel "ready".

Would that be on a smith machine or on free bar?

A. Free bar

Shoulders
- Seated shoulder press 5 sets of 5 with a target weight that gets into that range.

So here I pick a weight from the past knowing I can lift it for 5 rep 5 sets. Is that what you wnat me to do?

A. Yes, you don't need to get it perfect out of the gate. Something you can handle comfortably for 5 reps.

3 mins rest again.

Tris
- Close grip bench press, 1 set of a 6-10 second static hold at the top of the movement

1 set of 6-10 seconds hold at the top would that be at lockout position?

A. Yes, about 1-2" under lockout.

How many reps ?

A. You don't do reps. you hold the weight motionless, fighting it until your ability to support it gives out.

How weight should I be using here?

A. Suggest 120% of your 1RM to start. Something that finds you failing in the prescribed time period.

Oh just read the comment below so i can do this is a smith machine rack?

A. You could, yes.

I cant remeber what my 1rm was for close grip tricep press so what should I be using at 20-40%?

A. Yes, something heavier than your 1RM.

- You'll need a spotter here or perform inside of a power rack. Target is 20-40% over your 1RM
zeebodybuilder

Post by zeebodybuilder »

Ok so for close grip benc press which is for the triceps. I dont lower the bar and then push it up 1-2 inches to lockout.

A. Take a close grip (about 12-14 inches not hand touching hand like some of these guys do!). Unrack the bar and hold at arms length. Lower about 2" below lockout and hold it there for 6-10 seconds until your strength gives out. Have a spotter!

Basically I just unrack the bar and lower abit and hold there for 6-10 seconds. Is this right.. and i should use weight which is at 120% of 1 rep max..

A. Correct.

So why does it also say below use weight at 20-40%?

A. This means +20 to 40% more than your 1RM. Meaning HEAVY.

You don't do reps. you hold the weight motionless, fighting it until your ability to support it gives out.

So I dont to reps but how much times do i repeat the above. hold for 6-10 secs rack back. then how much rest the reattepmt.. How maany x do i do this?

A. Perform 2 holds in this fashion. After your first hold, have spotter assist you re-rack the weight. Rest 5 minutes or so and perform one more hold. You're going to love these Zee. Your strength jumps incredibly from workout to workout using this technique!
zeebodybuilder

Workout 2

Post by zeebodybuilder »

Day 2

Legs
Squats for 5 sets of 5 reps with 80% of new 1RM.
(Your last set you should take to 1 or 2 reps short of failure, ideally 5+ reps).

so that would be 80% of 170kg hich was my 1 rep max that is = 135kg.

A. Correct. Don't worry if it's not "perfect". Just get to a weight you can comfortable handle 5 reps with (first set anyway).

So I do 5 sets of 5 on my final set atleast try to get 1-2 reps out if not hit all 5 ,. is that what it meant above?

A. Some form of progression yes. That should start workout #2, adding a rep or two on one of the 5 sets. I like trying for set 1 or 2, when energy is highest.

how much rest before i startr the nexty exercise?

A. Enough to catch your breath. Say 5 or 10 min.

Leg sled
- 1 static hold for 6-10 sec with feet positioned high on the platform, pressure on the heels.

- You'll likely run out of plates loading the thing given your strength. If so, simply raise w/2 legs and use 1.

I dont know what is leg sled? is it th leg press machine?

A. Yes.

How much rest before I start the back?

A. 5-10 min

Back
Seated cable rows OR 1 arm dumbell rows for 5 sets of 5 reps.

I get the above>

Bi's/ Calves
Find a universal, strive or hammer strength type of machine that mimics the preacher curl/toe press.

We dont have no hammer strength type machines any alternatives to this?

A. You can use free weights for the curls and load the leg sled for toes presses.

Load that sucker up and have someone assist you into the fully contracted
position at the top.

One static hold for a 6-10 second period. OK to extend the hold time for up to 45 sec.

For calves, you'll either utilize the leg sled/toe press OR the seated calf raise machine.

Abs/Core
- Utilizing the high pulley on the cable crossover or lat pulldown machine
- Get on your knees with the rope/attachment behind your head.
- Have someone assist you in crunching forward into the fully contracted
position.
- Hold that with as much weight as possible for 6-10 seconds.

With abs you can see i havent trained them properly for years now and iv nearly lost those abs compared to the ones in my photos on facebook.. This reason bing is evertime i try to do any abs exercises My abs just pull out and put my in a big muscle stitch that is hard to come out of. this means 1 ab out of 6 just pops out from the rest and looks like its trying to rip through and come out to the floor, serious. I cannot work out what this problem is. I havent trained abs. properly

A. It's OK Zee. Not important to get it perfect. Important to get it started :)
zeebodybuilder

Re: Workout 2

Post by zeebodybuilder »

Legs
Squats for 5 sets of 5 reps with 80% of new 1RM.
(Your last set you should take to 1 or 2 reps short of failure, ideally 5+ reps).

so that would be 80% of 170kg hich was my 1 rep max that is = 135kg.

A. Correct. Don't worry if it's not "perfect". Just get to a weight you can comfortable handle 5 reps with (first set anyway).

SO AFTER WARMUP MY FIRST SET WOULD BE ON 135KG FOR 5 REPS RIGHT?THEREON ALL OTHER 4 SETS WOULD BE ON THIS WEIGHT i SHOULD BE TAKING 3 MINS REST INBETWEEN SETS IS THAT RIGHT?

So I do 5 sets of 5 on my final set atleast try to get 1-2 reps out if not hit all 5 ,. is that what it meant above?

A. Some form of progression yes. That should start workout #2, adding a rep or two on one of the 5 sets. I like trying for set 1 or 2, when energy is highest.

how much rest before i startr the nexty exercise?

A. Enough to catch your breath. Say 5 or 10 min.

Leg sled
- 1 static hold for 6-10 sec with feet positioned high on the platform, pressure on the heels.

- You'll likely run out of plates loading the thing given your strength. If so, simply raise w/2 legs and use 1.

I dont know what is leg sled? is it th leg press machine?

sO BASICALLY I LOAD THE LEG PRESS MACHINE UP WITH ALOT OF PLATES AND THEN LOCK OF LOWER A INCH AND HOLD FOR 6-10 SECS RIGHT? JUST LIKE THE TRIS>

i DO 2 SETS OF THIS LIKE I DID FOR TRIS, IS THAT RIGHT?

A. Yes.

How much rest before I start the back?

A. 5-10 min

Back
Seated cable rows OR 1 arm dumbell rows for 5 sets of 5 reps.

I get the above>

Bi's/ Calves
Find a universal, strive or hammer strength type of machine that mimics the preacher curl/toe press.

We dont have no hammer strength type machines any alternatives to this?

A. You can use free weights for the curls and load the leg sled for toes presses.

i DONT UNDERSTANMD WHAT DO I USE DUMBELLS OR BARBELL?

STANDING OR SEATED?

YOU SAID use leg sled for toes > SO I USE LEG PRESS MACHINE FOR WHAT.. DONT GET WHAT U MEAN TOES?

Load that sucker up and have someone assist you into the fully contracted
position at the top.

One static hold for a 6-10 second period. OK to extend the hold time for up to 45 sec.

For calves, you'll either utilize the leg sled/toe press OR the seated calf raise machine.

Abs/Core
- Utilizing the high pulley on the cable crossover or lat pulldown machine
- Get on your knees with the rope/attachment behind your head.
- Have someone assist you in crunching forward into the fully contracted
position.
- Hold that with as much weight as possible for 6-10 seconds.

ZEE=With abs you can see i havent trained them properly for years now and iv nearly lost those abs compared to the ones in my photos on facebook.. This reason bing is evertime i try to do any abs exercises My abs just pull out and put my in a big muscle stitch that is hard to come out of. this means 1 ab out of 6 just pops out from the rest and looks like its trying to rip through and come out to the floor, serious. I cannot work out what this problem is. I havent trained abs. properly

A. It's OK Zee. Not important to get it perfect. Important to get it started :)