Bulking needed

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
Suedec

Bulking needed

Post by Suedec »

Let me start off by saying that I cycled off my Creatine for about 2 weeks before starting the Feast Phase. When I started the Feast phase again, I started back on my creatine.

Today, I was measured before I started my WO and due to my cycling off and just beginning on my creatine again my measurements decreased a little. With the decrease though, I dropped my BF to 8.9%. This was a personal goal of mine that I wanted to achieve before I started a bulking phase.

I have been consuming on avg about 3k calories a day with about 1.5x my weight in Protein as well. Well, I think for my body that this is maintenance. I am now planning on consuming more to build my muscle instead of dropping my BF. I think I am going to bump my intake up to about 3.5-4k calories a day and about 2x weight in Protein.

In order to do this, I need some supplements. I don't want to have to break the bank though.

I was think of purchasing and mixing the following:
Gold Standard 100% Whey
+ 1c Oats
+ 2-3tbs PB
+ 1/2c Heavy Cream
+ Whole milk

Staying on my creatine and multi and my Pre-WO supp.

Is there anything else that is recommended as well? I know the BP suggest 12-15x weight caloric and 1.5x in protein but I think I need to expand that a little more for some gains now.

Suggestions?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You don't even need the supps.

Suggest taking in 3,600K on training days (120% of maint) and 3,000 K on non-training days the next 2 weeks.

That additional 600K should be in the form of a peri-workout drink where it'll do you the most good. Doing this will put those extra calories RIGHT where you need them and go the longest way toward adding as LBM.

Try that for 2 weeks and re-evaluate. I think you'll find it runs circles around randomly jacking calories up. That goes for dieting too where the reverse is true..
Suedec

Post by Suedec »

Do you have any good ideas for a peri-workout drink?

Is it just something like Waxy Maize and some BCAA's?

I have read a few things that say eat 1 hour prior to workout, drink something like 1 scoop Waxy Maize (30g), serving of protein (roughly 30g), and about 500mg Vitamin C.

During workout, 10g BCAA and 30g Waxy Maize.

Then a post workout meal afterward.

Any better suggestions?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Suggest 100g of Waxy Maize and 50g of Berries and cream MassPro + 20g BCAA.

That's 400K of carbs and 100K protein. A nice 4:1 ratio and nails your 600k target. I like to mix it all up at once and get it over with. Begin sipping 15 min prior to your warmups. Pace intake throughout such that you finish up after you end the workout.
Suedec

Post by Suedec »

Nice, I will have to do this then. I just find it a little difficult to consume nearly 4k calories in food a day w/o eating crap.

But for instance this morning at work I ate teh following and came out to nearly 2k calories and 109g of protein.

5c Milk
1scoop of Level-1 protein
5g Creatine
1c raw oates
2 whole hard boiled eggs
2 egg white hard boiled
2 sausage patties
cup of Yogurt
12oz Gatorade

And let me tell you... It's nap time now!
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Suedec wrote:Nice, I will have to do this then. I just find it a little difficult to consume nearly 4k calories in food a day w/o eating crap.
^^ THIS