Artichoke for the kidneys: Interesting Finding..

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
RobRegish

Artichoke for the kidneys: Interesting Finding..

Post by RobRegish »

First, this study used whopper doses of creatine that "supposedly" impaired kidney function. Although there is no evidence this occurs in humans, I found the protective effective of artichoke extract impressive.

https://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=19989620

The kidneys function to filter out much of the metabolic waste your workouts, etc create. While they usually function fine, things like Rx drugs (more than you'd imagine) and age knock down kidney function, so it pays to have things like this in your back pocket!
cogrick2

Post by cogrick2 »

Interesting that, if I am reading the abstract correctly, both tested items were artichoke extracts so eating artichoke may not be enough. Also interesting that creatine at a ridiculously high dose increased not just creatinine but urea. I'll keep taking my creatine. :D
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

There's such a misunderstanding of creatine and its effects on the kidneys. I think it stems from creatinine and of course, outright ignorance on behalf of the public (i.e. creatine = steroids)..

:roll: