Stim-Free Fat Loss?

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
thicketman

Post by thicketman »

This past weekend I just started taking 4 caps of Synthagen before my cheat meals like I used to do. The difference this time is that I'm also taking 1200mg of Na-R-ALA. One other difference is that I added Vit D3 back into the mix.

I only eat on Tuesday and Thursday evenings after my CC exercises and one meal each on Saturday and Sunday. The weekend meals are usually big bad cheat meals. I can say that I did not feel nearly as bloated as I usually do the day after my meals, so I'll probably continue supplementing in this fashion. My "morning after" bloat and weight was also down this morning.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You may be on to something, with the higher dosing brother...

"Just a couple of capsules of curcumin – the active ingredient in turmeric [Curcuma longa] – can radically boost the amount of glucose that muscle cells take up...

The more curcumin the muscle cells were exposed to, the more glucose they absorbed. Half an hour after exposure the relative amount of active acetyl-CoA carboxylase [p-ACC] and AMPK-alpha [p-AMPK-a] in the muscle cells increases. Muscle cells activate AMPK when muscle fibers contract. AMPK stimulates the uptake of glucose, but also kicks in protective mechanisms and fat burning...".

https://www.ergo-log.com/turmericglucose.html

You doing 4 caps of Tranquilogen every day?
thicketman

Post by thicketman »

No. I'm using 4 caps of Synthagen only on days I eat. The added Na-R-ALA seems to help quite a bit. My waist was 30-1/4" around this morning (+/- 1/4") which is the lowest I've ever measured. I'm about to be 36 and I weigh what I did when I graduated highschool, but I'm stronger. Hopefully after I begin incorporating yoga into my daily morning routine, I'll be more limber as well.

I bought Tranquilogen, but haven't experienced much from it so I've dropped it altogether. I suspect it's because my anxiety levels plummeted and sleep quality was much enhanced once I quit consuming caffeine.

Four caps did work well for my wife who practically has anxiety attacks when she goes to the dentist, so I know it's a worthwhile supplement for those who need it.
thicketman

Post by thicketman »

thicketman wrote:No. I'm using 4 caps of Synthagen only on days I eat. The added Na-R-ALA seems to help quite a bit. My waist was 30-1/4" around this morning (+/- 1/4") which is the lowest I've ever measured.
I measured 30" around my waist this morning (Saturday)...down 1/4" since Wednesday...looks like my current protocol is getting it done. The funny thing is, I haven't done any cardio at all this week.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

thicketman wrote:
thicketman wrote:No. I'm using 4 caps of Synthagen only on days I eat. The added Na-R-ALA seems to help quite a bit. My waist was 30-1/4" around this morning (+/- 1/4") which is the lowest I've ever measured.
I measured 30" around my waist this morning (Saturday)...down 1/4" since Wednesday...looks like my current protocol is getting it done. The funny thing is, I haven't done any cardio at all this week.
Awesome news brother!

Care to expand on what you're doing? Is it still 4 caps of Synthagen before cheat meals, 1200mg of Na-R-ALA and Vit D3??

Shaving some off the waist isn't uncommon feedback, with respect to Synthagen. A consequence I suspect, of its ability to cut cortisol nearly 50%!!!
thicketman

Post by thicketman »

RobRegish wrote:
thicketman wrote:
Awesome news brother!

Care to expand on what you're doing? Is it still 4 caps of Synthagen before cheat meals, 1200mg of Na-R-ALA and Vit D3??

Shaving some off the waist isn't uncommon feedback, with respect to Synthagen. A consequence I suspect, of its ability to cut cortisol nearly 50%!!!
I eat supper only on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. I haven't been counting calories, so I don't know how many I actually consume. I just eat until I don't feel like eating any more.

Tuesday & Thursday

Prior to my bodyweight exercises, I pop 4 caps of Synthagen. Immediately prior to my last set, I consume 1200mg of Na-R-ALA. Once my last set is up I eat.

Saturday & Sunday (cheat days)

I pop 4 caps of Synthagen and 1200mg Na-R-ALA before my cheat meals.
thicketman

Post by thicketman »

RobRegish wrote:
thicketman wrote:
Awesome news brother!

I eat supper only on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. I haven't been counting calories, so I don't know how many I actually consume. I just eat until I don't feel like eating any more.

Tuesday & Thursday

Prior to my bodyweight exercises, I pop 4 caps of Synthagen. Immediately prior to my last set, I consume 1200mg of Na-R-ALA. Once my last set is up I eat.

bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

thicketman wrote:
RobRegish wrote:
thicketman wrote: I measured 30" around my waist this morning (Saturday)...down 1/4" since Wednesday...looks like my current protocol is getting it done. The funny thing is, I haven't done any cardio at all this week.
Awesome news brother!

Tuesday & Thursday

Do you completly fast monday, wenesday and friday? 3 days a week without food at all? And only 1 meal/day, 4 days a week?

I have been doing intermittant fasting for more then 2 years and I really enjoy it, but 4 meals total per week seems extreme IMO...
thicketman

Post by thicketman »

bigpelo wrote: Do you completly fast monday, wenesday and friday? 3 days a week without food at all? And only 1 meal/day, 4 days a week?

I have been doing intermittant fasting for more then 2 years and I really enjoy it, but 4 meals total per week seems extreme IMO...
Yep, 4 meals/wk.

I like to eat. Small meals piss me off. Large meals are my reward for good behavior.

Fasting is easy. Pushing myself away from the table is not. My way of eating allows me to alternate between a major caloric deficit and a major caloric surplus.

In addition to lots of calories, each meal is accompanied by lots of nutrients usually in the form of baby spinach salad w/ organic ranch dressing, organic veggie/fruit juice blend (bottled), a large organic fruit smoothie with raw locally grown honey and goat milk, and/or my favorite greens sup Vitamineral Green.

It might be extreme for you. For me, it's golden.