Adaptogen N and No Sleep

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
FatBoySlimFast

Adaptogen N and No Sleep

Post by FatBoySlimFast »

Hi

Has anyone else experienced difficulty sleeping after taking Adaptogen N?
I took 3 caps half hour before bed Saturday night and was awake all night!
I reduced to 2 caps Sunday night and couldn't sleep again........

Anybody shed any light on why this might be?
aron7awol

Post by aron7awol »

A friend of mine had the same issue. He seemed to think it was due to him having crazy dreams, then once he would wake up from them, his mind would continue at a high activity level.
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

FBSF,

Do you have any issues with sleeping (sans AN) ?

Have you dosed melatonin before? Results?

Does AN 'up' your libido ?

re Sat and Sun nights
>how much 'recovery' did you really need? ie how tired, depleted, worktout were you ?
>did you have elevated adrenalin overnights?
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

I had some sleep issue with AN but I had before also. I think too much melatonin might be conterproductive but I am no expert.

Anyway, what have worked for me using AN at night:

I took 2 caps AN with 30 mg zinc 1 hour before bed with some EFA from almond butter or cashews or raw chocolate, 5 days on 2 days off. All the benefits, no issues and the bottle will last 2 months.
FatBoySlimFast

Post by FatBoySlimFast »

aron7awol wrote:A friend of mine had the same issue. He seemed to think it was due to him having crazy dreams, then once he would wake up from them, his mind would continue at a high activity level.
Crazy Dreams would of at least meant I got to sleep, unfortunately I couldn't sleep at all.
FatBoySlimFast

Post by FatBoySlimFast »

BrainSquirt wrote:FBSF,

Do you have any issues with sleeping (sans AN) ?

Have you dosed melatonin before? Results?

Does AN 'up' your libido ?

re Sat and Sun nights
>how much 'recovery' did you really need? ie how tired, depleted, worktout were you ?
>did you have elevated adrenalin overnights?
I suffer occasional sleeplessness, but its more an issue of waking and not being able to get to sleep again, getting to sleep is not usually an issue.

I have used melatonin before 2.5mg sub-lingual and it helped me get back to sleep no problem, haven't used in months though.

I have only used AN on these two occasions so not enough time to evaluate a boost in libido or not.

I don't train weekends, and had a very relaxing weekend so I wouldn't imagine adrenaline would of been elevated at all.

I usually have no problem sleeping at weekends regardless of how much or little i have done, hence why I think it may be something in AN that caused it.
FatBoySlimFast

Post by FatBoySlimFast »

bigpelo wrote:I had some sleep issue with AN but I had before also. I think too much melatonin might be conterproductive but I am no expert.

Anyway, what have worked for me using AN at night:

I took 2 caps AN with 30 mg zinc 1 hour before bed with some EFA from almond butter or cashews or raw chocolate, 5 days on 2 days off. All the benefits, no issues and the bottle will last 2 months.
Thanks I may give this a try, but not until the weekend as not going to risk another sleepless night when I've work the next day
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

FatBoySlimFast wrote:
I have only used AN on these two occasions so not enough time to evaluate a boost in libido or not.

I don't train weekends, and had a very relaxing weekend so I wouldn't imagine adrenaline would of been elevated at all.

I usually have no problem sleeping at weekends regardless of how much or little i have done, hence why I think it may be something in AN that caused it.
re: "something in AN that caused it."
Maybe.
One way to test this (and not nec. the only way) is to only dose AN on nights where you really need it for recovery, doms prevention, etc. etc vs on "a very relaxing weekend "

If you are going to stack it, maybe try working up from 1/2 capsule to find your individual 'unusual reaction' levels... then stay well below that level

hth
FatBoySlimFast

Post by FatBoySlimFast »

BrainSquirt wrote:
FatBoySlimFast wrote:

re: "something in AN that caused it."
Maybe.
One way to test this (and not nec. the only way) is to only dose AN on nights where you really need it for recovery, doms prevention, etc. etc vs on "a very relaxing weekend "

If you are going to stack it, maybe try working up from 1/2 capsule to find your individual 'unusual reaction' levels... then stay well below that level

hth

I am currently using MPS for recovery etc, and purchased AN mainly for its testosterone boosting benefits, I'm 46 yrs old!

I think once I've finished the MPS I'll try AN again on its own starting with a low dosage and work up from there.

Thanks for the suggestion.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Brain has good advice... I was going to say that 3 caps out of the gate is starting with the maximum dose.

If there is a connection, it was probably too much DHEA hitting that close to bedtime, of which your body was not accustomed to.

I tend to take mine about an hour out instead of a 1/2 hour, and typically only use two caps unless we did a century or something that day. On an off day from training, I'll often pop just one cap.

A little can go a long ways with AN, and at the right dose it should help sleep, not hinder it.
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

…just my general opinion here … in one’s 40’s, 50’s, etc , I think you will get more long term mileage out of obviating estrogen and estrogen mimicker issues than you will in ‘goosing’ your test. levels… goosing can have the most unanticipated consequences … inexplicably hard to recover from ‘depletion’ cycles, etc. I bring this up partially because you said you didn’t notice a libido boost…

… and btw, not at all saying an occasional ‘bump’ in test. levels aren’t indicated (as in AN )

askmass, Thanks for the insight about DHEA… didn’t think of that…