Migraines due to weather change

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
Jeff

Migraines due to weather change

Post by Jeff »

Ok guys, wasnt sure where to post this.
I haven't been active on the site for a while and as a result feel like I'm being selfish asking this question.

Asking this question here in a time of need
because I know there are some incredibly smart and kind people on
these forums that could maybe help me out with this.

I have a friend who gets incredibly bad migraines from weather changes. I've been reading a little bit about it and there doesn't seem to be too much information or studies done on this. But, the general consensus seems to be that temperature, dew point temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, precipitation, and sunlight all play a roll in causing migraines in people who are sensitive to these weather changes. The 2 big ones seem to be increased relative humidity and precipitation.

Now, here's where it gets tricky. Don't know all the details, but from my understanding my friend had meningitis at a very young age. They think that maybe the meningitis played a roll in bringing on these migraines that are now triggered by weather changes. They've had these migraines their whole life. They have been to many doctors but to no avail. As a result they have never gotten much relief at all. Now, my question is; is there a way to totally avoid these migraines? Or better yet "cure" them? I would very much appreciate any info anyone has on this.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

I personally don't know anything on the topic, but I think someone in here might... so good call on that.

The only thing I could possibly suggest is maybe seeing a Naturopath to see if they have any fancy tricks for migraines... I went to one for a few issues and definitely got some form of help (not migraine, mine were stomach/energy type issues).

Best of luck to you and your friend.
RobRegish

Re: Migraines due to weather change

Post by RobRegish »

Jeff wrote:Ok guys, wasnt sure where to post this.
I haven't been active on the site for a while and as a result feel like I'm being selfish asking this question.

Asking this question here in a time of need
because I know there are some incredibly smart and kind people on
these forums that could maybe help me out with this.

I have a friend who gets incredibly bad migraines from weather changes. I've been reading a little bit about it and there doesn't seem to be too much information or studies done on this. But, the general consensus seems to be that temperature, dew point temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, precipitation, and sunlight all play a roll in causing migraines in people who are sensitive to these weather changes. The 2 big ones seem to be increased relative humidity and precipitation.

Now, here's where it gets tricky. Don't know all the details, but from my understanding my friend had meningitis at a very young age. They think that maybe the meningitis played a roll in bringing on these migraines that are now triggered by weather changes. They've had these migraines their whole life. They have been to many doctors but to no avail. As a result they have never gotten much relief at all. Now, my question is; is there a way to totally avoid these migraines? Or better yet "cure" them? I would very much appreciate any info anyone has on this.
Try Kratom.

Specifically, the Red Vein Borneo strain. Lots of anecdotal feedback it cures migraines, headaches etc.. Full writeup in The BP Bulletin coming in April.

https://theblueprintbulletin.com/subscriptions
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Really appreciate the info guys!
Beefcake, love the naturopathic route on this.
I trust naturopaths a hell of a lot more than I do
Mds. Not sure why I didn't think of this before.
Not 100% certain but I believe there's actually
a couple of them in my town. So, awesome!

And, Rob checked into the Borneo red vein. It sounds
pretty legit, will definately be giving it a shot. Also, subscribing
to your newsletter. Thanks again guys, can't tell you guys
how much this means to me.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Jeff wrote:Really appreciate the info guys!
Beefcake, love the naturopathic route on this.
I trust naturopaths a hell of a lot more than I do
Mds. Not sure why I didn't think of this before.
Not 100% certain but I believe there's actually
a couple of them in my town. So, awesome!

And, Rob checked into the Borneo red vein. It sounds
pretty legit, will definately be giving it a shot. Also, subscribing
to your newsletter. Thanks again guys, can't tell you guys
how much this means to me.
Many thanks Jeff. It's just how we roll here: LEARN, SHARE, GROW....

Can't believe this place is nearly 5 years old now. I'm so pleased with how it's turned out, and I know MASS is too. Such a nice collection of knowledgeable, educated and professional types willing to share what they've learned and help people get better results.

Love coming here. Is a welcome respite from God awful places like body bewildering dot com where endless hype, nonsense and vested interest abounds...
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

fwiw, my wife and daughter had debilitating ‘seasonal’ migraines… I put drops of high quality feverfew extract in their water. For many people, it seems to keep the ‘tensioning’ from crossing the threshold … or something…
anyways … …now at a lower quantity, still do it for my wife to this day and ‘migraines’ (/ the kind that put them to bed … in the dark) haven’t been an issue for 7+ years now…

While the symptomology of migraines may be fairly consistent across the cohorts, in TCM and alternative health, the ‘causes’ are highly individual. Same with treatments (in all models, actually …for example, in allopathic medicine, imitrex is the ticket for some, ‘less than placebo’ for others, etc etc.)

Typically, the alternative practitioner will be looking for an imbalanced metabolic process in the ‘lower body’(gallbladder, kidneys, etc) that is ‘rising’ to manifest in the head… yin deficiency causing false yang rising  :shock:

other factors worth self testing with migraines

… test on yin buiding foods and fats.

…test ‘gluten’ intolerance and allergy … try seasonal ;) solution: leave gluten off 6 months of the year… with allergies in general try PA-free butterburr

… tyramine intolerance is possible

… check for magnesium deficiency / more accurately magnesium uptake issues. Try ‘food’ and ‘food extract’ sources between 3 and 6 PM

… use pure water (sans chlor, flour, etc.)

… test a few months artificial sweetner and msg free

... if all else fails, try foreverwell protocol...

gotta scoot

hth
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Agreed Rob, I'm lucky to have come across
this place.
And Brain, appreciate the info! Still waiting
on the Kratom to get here. I'll give everything
a try and see which route works best.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Jeff wrote:Agreed Rob, I'm lucky to have come across
this place.
And Brain, appreciate the info! Still waiting
on the Kratom to get here. I'll give everything
a try and see which route works best.
Is a fantastic place to come every day to LEARN, SHARE and GROW. Brain is tip of the spear IMO, although Matter and a few others are giving him a run for his money! :)