BP 3.0 queries

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
kribnutz

BP 3.0 queries

Post by kribnutz »

Hello

I am going to do a new BP run starting this week and I wanted to ask a couple of questions before I do so. My goal is recomp so BP 3.0 seems perfect BUT
1) For the Famine phase, should I do any sort of cardio on the off days?
2) For the EDT Blocks, can I sub Decline BB static holds with Flat bench BB static holds?
3) Can I sub rack pulls with deadlifts or machine assisted deadlifts?
4) The Formula mentions Guanidino Propionic Acid? How vital is it to the mix and where can I get it?
5) I am 30yrs, an endomorph and have had surgery for gynocomestia before (not because I took test but because I was that overweight). Is it still advisable to take a test booster? If so, should I stick to something 'light' like tbol trib or Bioforge OR should I go for the DHEA mix mentioned in the PDF? As you can imagine, I am sh!t scared of getting man tits again.....

My current stack for Feast will include Synthagen, Mass Pro and Burn It up....I will buy some creatine mono for the Formula mix as well....anything else anyone with experience here recommends adding to this stack ?

Thank you for reading this. Wish me luck!

~Krib
wtmarcus

Post by wtmarcus »

my 0.02 euros..

1) What I did is do 1 hr cardio after the famine workouts, and rest on the other 2 days.

2) The static holds aren't part of the EDT blocks.. but sounds reasonable that flat bench holds would work as a substitute of there was no possibility for the decline statics.

3) I could be mistaken but the idea with the alpha overload is to hold a heavy weight for the specified time, no? I don't think you can pull as much in a deadlift as you can do in a rack pull. Personally I pulled off of two benches and not from a rack. I'm also guessing a smith machine pull would be an ok substitute.. just do it "rack style."

4) Couldn't get hold of any GPA here. Seemed to work just fine for me regardless. :) And as mentioned somewhere or other the formula and other supps aren't essential. The meat and potatoe are the workouts!

5) I didn't do the DHEA, test boosters, ecdy, synthagen etc. etc. Just the formula. and I am quite happy with the results. Gonna do a new run in a couple of weeks.
alfred_m

Post by alfred_m »

you can find gpa by livelong nutrition on amazon for 15.99
kribnutz

Post by kribnutz »

wtmarcus wrote:my 0.02 euros..

1) What I did is do 1 hr cardio after the famine workouts, and rest on the other 2 days.

2) The static holds aren't part of the EDT blocks.. but sounds reasonable that flat bench holds would work as a substitute of there was no possibility for the decline statics.

3) I could be mistaken but the idea with the alpha overload is to hold a heavy weight for the specified time, no? I don't think you can pull as much in a deadlift as you can do in a rack pull. Personally I pulled off of two benches and not from a rack. I'm also guessing a smith machine pull would be an ok substitute.. just do it "rack style."

4) Couldn't get hold of any GPA here. Seemed to work just fine for me regardless. :) And as mentioned somewhere or other the formula and other supps aren't essential. The meat and potatoe are the workouts!

5) I didn't do the DHEA, test boosters, ecdy, synthagen etc. etc. Just the formula. and I am quite happy with the results. Gonna do a new run in a couple of weeks.
Thanks a lot mate for all the answers. Yes, I mistakenly mentioned static holds as part of EDT - my bad. Here's another couple of questions

6) How do you calculate maintenance calories? I saw one formula in the Excel tracker. Is that what you used?

7) I realize the importance of doing Cardio in a fasted state during Feast. But I don't think there is any way I can do that 'cos I got a job that starts at 8 and no gym nearby opens before that. Assuming that to be non-negotiable, what is my next best alternative? Would doing cardio for an extended period in the evening help ? (i.e. 1.5 hrs instead of 0.5 hrs or something similar)

8) You mentioned 1 hr cardio in the Famine phase. Was it LISS, HIIT or a combination of both? I don't think HIIT for 1 hr is even possible but you never know....
kribnutz

Post by kribnutz »

alfred_m wrote:you can find gpa by livelong nutrition on amazon for 15.99
Awesome. Thanks!
wtmarcus

Post by wtmarcus »

kribnutz wrote: Thanks a lot mate for all the answers. Yes, I mistakenly mentioned static holds as part of EDT - my bad. Here's another couple of questions

6) How do you calculate maintenance calories? I saw one formula in the Excel tracker. Is that what you used?

7) I realize the importance of doing Cardio in a fasted state during Feast. But I don't think there is any way I can do that 'cos I got a job that starts at 8 and no gym nearby opens before that. Assuming that to be non-negotiable, what is my next best alternative? Would doing cardio for an extended period in the evening help ? (i.e. 1.5 hrs instead of 0.5 hrs or something similar)

8) You mentioned 1 hr cardio in the Famine phase. Was it LISS, HIIT or a combination of both? I don't think HIIT for 1 hr is even possible but you never know....
I use the trackers. They gave me some odd values for cruise though. But for the 6 main weeks they were great. I did end up filling in more and more food in the sheets but that's there for next go. If they will be good for you or not kinda depends on how well you match the average person these formulas have been estimated for. Metabolism varies quite a bit... Also I might add that in no way did I follow the recommended macronutrient breakdown. I was doing about 70g carbs on non training days. Only on training days did I follow the recommendations.

7) Non-fasted cardio is better than no cardio.. I'm not even a believer in fasted cardio (or fasted anything.. I *hate* doing workouts fasted). But seriously.. why do you need a gym for your cardio? You can go out sprinting HIIT style, or go jogging, or a whole variety of other things. Funny times with a sledgehammer in your backyard, burpees, high rep hindu squats, etc. etc.

8) It was LISS on a treadmill. workout followed by an hour LISS. As for doing HIIT for an hour.. Not to get into too much details I was hitting 40 minutes HIIT sessions three times / week some years ago. 15:15 or 36:36 intervals.