NOOPTROPICS and dementia

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
badmoonrising80

NOOPTROPICS and dementia

Post by badmoonrising80 »

Just a question,

I was listening to an episode of superhuman radio and you mentionend dementia and alzheimer disease in relation to a substance called "cytakolene"?? (don't know the correct spelling)

My grandfather is wasting away by this disease and like you said in the podcast, the pharmaceutical drugs he's getting that cost and arm and a leg don't seem to be working at all.

Now I know you can't roll back the disease but do you know anything that might help him stay on the same level instead of degenerating more.

Any info much appreciated!
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Well, something easy to start with would be lecithin. I recommend the brand from Swanson, non GMO soy lecithin, as it is relatively inexpensive for a 3 lb container(20 bucks I think).

Numerous studies have been done with alzheimers and lecithin because it contains choline, which leads to the body producing the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which tends to be low in people with alzheimers. That being said, it tends to be a hit or miss thing however. In some people they show marked improvement, but in others do not. For 20 bucks, it wouldn't hurt to find out which group he might be in...
badmoonrising80

Post by badmoonrising80 »

thanks man,

I found some lecithin gelcaps (1200 mg) looking online that I can find in a store nearby (I'm from Belgium).

Any idea what a reasonable dosing would be?

Might be worth a shot.

Any more ideas, keep em coming...

thanks!
austinb37

Post by austinb37 »

I would also look into supplemental magnesium. Life Extension Foundation is doing a lot of interesting research using magnesium threonate to treat alzheimer's. It is something worth checking out.