Who to see for back pain?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Jacos5

Who to see for back pain?

Post by Jacos5 »

Okay so I've been seeing a chiropractor for about 4 visits now. I don't see any drastic improvements. Might now some of the symptoms that come with the back pain is particularly in the lower and mid range. From the lower area it's just your typical back pain, it really makes itself known at the end of the day. But I also seem to have pain when breathing from my mid back range.

I have not been able to get any x-rays done. The chiro i've been seeing didn't offer them. Do you think it would be necessary for me to get them done? And who would be best to see? A respectable chiro that does offer them or an orthopedist?
dropthebeats

Post by dropthebeats »

If you go to a chiro and they don't do x-rays on your first visit, then you definitely need to find another doc.
aron7awol

Post by aron7awol »

An x-ray likely won't show anything if you have a disk issue. Good luck getting an MRI without trying physical therapy first. I had an x-ray which showed nothing. I then asked for an MRI, was told I had to try a chiro or physical therapy first, so I chose the chiro. Went 4 times, and he made my back much worse, probably because he had no idea what was wrong. Went back to the doctor and he wanted to send me to physical therapy, but I insisted that I get an MRI. He finally agreed, and it turns out I have a bulging disk pressing on my nerve root.

I highly recommend Egoscue exercises to relieve the pain. You can find them on Youtube.
Jacos5

Post by Jacos5 »

Well I've found plenty of chiros online that state that they offer x-rays so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks aron7owl will look into those exercises
micalhassi

Post by micalhassi »

I think you have to take x-ray because it is important to get rid of back pain. Also take a visit to doctor for taking essential advice on back pain and obey his advises. Simple and regular exercise must be done with this because by work out you will get more and quickly cover from pain. Cardio work out is best for you.
aron7awol

Post by aron7awol »

Anyone who has lower back pain, or really any joint pain at all...PLEASE do yourself a favor and buy a bottle of castor oil for $5. I am absolutely amazed at the results I have had after applying it with heat for only 3 days. I cancelled my cortisone injections after the second day, and my back pain from my bulging disc has been excruciating. Google it, and read up on it, if you have any doubts. You will find dozens of testimonials of miraculous results. It is one powerful anti-inflammatory.