football and two part question

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
stillgrowin

football and two part question

Post by stillgrowin »

First question, I am helping a neighboorhood kid, he is 16 and will be playing on the varsity team next year. I was going to train him with the blue print during the summer. He was D.E. and now is a tight end. He needs to get a lot stronger and loose some weight while increasing speed. His coach told him that if he does not do the summer training than he cant play next year. So I will only have two months until the summer training starts. He says he did not get stronger or faster during the summer training last year.

Is two months enough time to increase his strenght? Recommendations for him? Also, most of his training during the summer will be cardiovascular i.e. ladder running, sled pulling or circuit training. During that time is it to much to combine with the blue print.

I will be providing as much food and supplementation as possible. Any advice? We would really like to change the coaches view on the blueprint. The football team has had a horrible record.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

1) Yes, 2 months is enough time to increase his strength. In fact, it could increase pretty dramatically based on how seriously he takes the training.

2) No, I think he should be OK. He is young, and recovery definitely favors the young. Just be careful not to overdo it with the cardio as it could negate some strength gains.

3) Food recommendation really depends on body type. If he is an ectomorph, higher carb diet(60/25/15 C/P/F), if he is an endomorph, higher protein and fat diet(30/40/30 C/P/F, and even higher protein on non-lifting days(20/50/30 C/P/F)

Supplements: Protein is a must. Synthagen would be great, but if not EAA's are very important.
stillgrowin

Post by stillgrowin »

He is 200 pounds after famine but I think his lean body mass is about 140. He is playing Tight End and his coach told him he needs to loose weight, gain muscle and increase his speed. I heard Rob mention reverse hyper extension for speed and was thinking about building one for him.