Absolute MUST Read: "Convict Conditioning"

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
mikej26

Post by mikej26 »

Sent it to your email Rob. Let me know if it went through.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

mikej26 wrote:Sent it to your email Rob. Let me know if it went through.
Got it! Many thanks...

For those interested, the goal here is as follows...

1.) Give this book greater exposure via discussion on SHR and;
2.) I'm developing a way to weave it into your Blueprint runs, to give you greater flexibility and joint integrity to keep up with the size/strength explosion BP imparts...

Like Pete Sisco's SCT, Staley's EDT etc. I don't get a penny for any referral if you guys decide to pick up their information. I just want you to avail yourselves to it, if so inclined.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

I was chatting with a friend I haven't been in contact with for a while and he mentioned to me that he was doing Convict Conditioning... I was like wow! I'm starting that next week... It was an interesting coincidence.
tufluk

Post by tufluk »

what's the difference between the first one and 2nd?
mikej26

Post by mikej26 »

The first one is the nuts and bolts of the whole thing. Without it, the second one alone will leave you wanting..... The second is an add on to the first. It focuses more on bringing up areas that aren't specifically targeted in the first ie. Grip/forearm work, neck, calves and more core work.

The first alone is probably all you need, but the addition of the second gives fills in any holes you may have questions about after read the first.
ZeroBeast

Post by ZeroBeast »

Can someone clarify this for me?
His Good behavior schedule requires 2 work sets for pushups and leg raises.
so, what is exactly classified as a "work set"?
example:
wall push ups - work up to 3 sets of 50 then move on to step 2.
How does someone come up with 1 work set? page 273 doesn't help me 100%. I'm probably just missing something simple :/

thanks in advance!
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

I took lunch time to spend $40 and download the e-book. I will read it at work during future lunch time (thanks to warrior diet, I eat in less than 5 minutes at noon)

Looking forward this "absolute must read"
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

ZeroBeast wrote:Can someone clarify this for me?
His Good behavior schedule requires 2 work sets for pushups and leg raises.
so, what is exactly classified as a "work set"?
example:
wall push ups - work up to 3 sets of 50 then move on to step 2.
How does someone come up with 1 work set? page 273 doesn't help me 100%. I'm probably just missing something simple :/

thanks in advance!
Say you're at level 2 of a given exercise, and you beat the Beginner standard for it. You next workout, you would warm up with 1-2 sets of the Level 1 of that exercise, and then go into level 2 of that exercise to be your "work sets". Do two sets of however many reps with perfect form. They don't give a set numbers of reps, you're supposed to go until your form begins to feel compromised AT ALL. Don't push to failure, don't struggle to get that last rep if your form is failing...

At least, that's my understanding of it. If anyone else knows better, please inform us.

Hope that helps..
RyannayR

Post by RyannayR »

The model from the book has his own website where he provides some great pointers and training advice. He also has a page on youtube where he has really cool training videos. It's Beast Skills dot com. And his youtube name is BeastSkills.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

RyannayR wrote:The model from the book has his own website where he provides some great pointers and training advice. He also has a page on youtube where he has really cool training videos. It's Beast Skills dot com. And his youtube name is BeastSkills.
Thanks for the heads up!

The youtube vids I've seen are impressive. Much controversy exists, as to whether the author is a "real" person. If he is, both myself and a few others are trying to track him down for an interview. Supposedly resides in the UK now.

Regardless, the information in this book is priceless.

With respect to the model in the book/his website, I only have one reservation. He's undoubtedly in great shape, presumably can perform the master steps in the big six, etc.. The author states several times in the book that if you're able to accomplish these master steps, you'll be one big/strong S.O.B. Further states that it's almost mandatory to have this look in prison, if want the equivalent of a sign on your forehead that says, "I'm NOT the guy to F with, find an easier target...".

So assuming this guy can perform the master level exercises, does anyone else here think he looks somewhat "average"?

Again, not taking ANYTHING away from ANYONE who can get to the master steps. I'm just curious to know why he doesn't look more jacked up...
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

RobRegish wrote:So assuming this guy can perform the master level exercises, does anyone else here think he looks somewhat "average"?

can't get 4000+ cals in the clink. :p
mikej26

Post by mikej26 »

I thought the same about how he looked until I watched the push up video. He's explaining proper form and at one point stands with his back to the cam and shows how you should contract your back(really your seratus) to stablize you shoulder girdle. He looks surprisingly wide all of a sudden.

The thing with body weight moves is its all about strength to weight ratio. I'm pretty sure Bruce Lee was capable of most of these feats as well and he obviously wasn't huge either.

That's where the BP comes in.... :D
mikej26

Post by mikej26 »

RobRegish wrote:
RyannayR wrote:The model from the book has his own website where he provides some great pointers and training advice. He also has a page on youtube where he has really cool training videos. It's Beast Skills dot com. And his youtube name is BeastSkills.
Thanks for the heads up!

The youtube vids I've seen are impressive. Much controversy exists, as to whether the author is a "real" person. If he is, both myself and a few others are trying to track him down for an interview. Supposedly resides in the UK now.

Regardless, the information in this book is priceless.

With respect to the model in the book/his website, I only have one reservation. He's undoubtedly in great shape, presumably can perform the master steps in the big six, etc.. The author states several times in the book that if you're able to accomplish these master steps, you'll be one big/strong S.O.B. Further states that it's almost mandatory to have this look in prison, if want the equivalent of a sign on your forehead that says, "I'm NOT the guy to F with, find an easier target...".

So assuming this guy can perform the master level exercises, does anyone else here think he looks somewhat "average"?

Again, not taking ANYTHING away from ANYONE who can get to the master steps. I'm just curious to know why he doesn't look more jacked up...
Also, Brooks Kubik wrote the forward for the book. He was on SUR recently and is known for Dinosaur Training. He may no how to reach the author. Or maybe Brooks wrote it and its a pseudonym.
mikej26

Post by mikej26 »

*SHR