Beachpirate's 1st BP log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
beachpirate

Post by beachpirate »

Today was a good day. Day 4 of famine. After breakfast I completed 1 hour on my elliptical machine. It was more difficult than tuesday's stint and my legs were fried when I finished. After a short break I cut the grass which took about an hour to do. By the end of this I was pretty drained.

Diet has been ok today I have been tracking my intake this week on FitDay.com and did not track everything like I have been. I ate a cantaloup, 2 pineapples, a bag of lettuce with feta cheese, cashews and lite ranch dressing, celery, plums and 5 serving of V8.

Calories 1470
carbs 232
fat 55
protein 32

I have also been monitoring my resting heart rate each morning and had a significant increase today. I started with 58 on monday and today was 66. I checked this 4 times, once was at 4:30 when I woke up the first time and then 3 more times at 6am. I recorded 65, 66, 67, 66.
kh971

Post by kh971 »

Sounds like you are spot on. I have failed to record my resting heart rate at all and I kick myself for not doing it since I am married to a nurse/phlebotomist.

Wish I had the ability to drink the V8 like you!!!
beachpirate

Post by beachpirate »

The vegetable V8 has taken some getting used too but the V8 Fusion and Splash are mighty tastey.
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

you bout got it whipped bro, go kick that workouts butt tomorrow, and get ready to throw down on some grub saturday!!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great suggestions here, and I appreciate the community's input...

Rob goes to bed early (no later than 8:30PM) but up early too, answering questions and it's my priviledge to do so :)
beachpirate

Post by beachpirate »

Day 5 is almost over and I am looking forward to eating a steak! Today has been difficult because I have wanted to eat everything in site but I refrained. I started my morning with my day 5 workout and let me tell you, it was tough. I have never sweated so much lifting. The 30 sec rest period was just about enough time to move from one machine to the other. I did the same workout as monday but today I subbed leg presses for squats thinking it would allow me to push myself alittle harder. I thought I would be able to do an easy walk on the treadmill after lifting but I didn't last 5 minutes. :oops: I returned home and rested up so I could cut the grass for 2 other yards. I thought it would be good to get the yards done during the famine phase to stress the body alittle more. It took me about 3 hours and I felt like I was in slow motion. I took a couple apples and a bottle of V8 slash to get me through the day.

Calories up to now 920
carbs 141
fat 38
protein 16

I will be using the next 3 days to rest and eat while I review the BP and get my next phase in order.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

4000 Calories tomorrow bud

300 grams of protein

Sounds like a trip to Maurice's BBQ is in order

Great job this week but just wait till next week..just wait
beachpirate

Post by beachpirate »

BBQ :P I've been thinking about BBQ all day. I have a smoker and was wondering if pulled pork was ok to eat. I've already got some chicken cooked up and I will get the steaks ready tomorrow. 4000 calories sounds like a lot of food for someone who gains weigh as fast as I do.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Play those calories by ear and we'll re-evaluate after 3 days are up. Many different ways to go about this so no worries. We'll come up with a plan for you...
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

i am a fast gainer too, 4k cals is a lot. If you only need 3000 I think pork butt on the smoker is a reward

4oz has about 230 cals /25gms of protien

I encourage you to smoke it, I will be down with the kids at around 4 :roll:
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

A Blueprint Diehard's grill out.

I like it.. :)
kh971

Post by kh971 »

I went to a Sticky Fingers BBQ restaurant today for ribs!!!!!
beachpirate

Post by beachpirate »

Day 1 of Feast. I feel like I have eaten all day but it was all good. I don't think I have intentionally ate that much in a long time. This is going to take some getting used too.

maintenance calories 260 x 12 = 3120

Calories 3112
Carbs 198
Fats 83
Protein 283

I also started E-bol and tbol trib
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Right in line Beachpirate.

You're doing a great job!