Sample Famine Phase Workout Template

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Oliverparsons, bless you for your question.

I know it's confusing. A blessing and a curse. I didn't design it this way, but even for the people who bought it they find it difficult to reverse-engineer/execute. Good for me if you're a pirate, bad for me if you're a paying customer.

I'll clarify it anyway: 1 set of A, 1 set of B, 1 set of C, 1 set of D. Proceed to triceps :)
timmo90

Post by timmo90 »

Bit confused about Monday of famine, it says on BP there are 2 different supersets to do for your back/legs but theres only 1 listed?
Also on fridays famine workout for biceps do we do 1 set of 5 different bicep exercises or do 5 sets of the 3 we used on monday or what?
thanks
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

1 superset of legs/back, total of 3 times. To clarify:

Squats with a weight that finds you able to perform 4-6 reps immediately into - Seated cable rows for 4-6 rep range

Rest for 2 min and repeat two more times.

On the arms for workout #3, 5 sets of 5 different exercises (ideally). If you can't swing 5, some duplication is OK. I'll give the template a second look on point #1.
timmo90

Post by timmo90 »

Ok perfect, thanks alot for clearing that up.
rookie_mistake

Post by rookie_mistake »

I too had the question about the wednesday workout, whether it was 4 x bench/shoulder press + 4 x incline etc or one of each. Thankfully it was already cleared up. To my understanding, it's 8 - 10 on flat, followed by 8 - 10 on shoulder press, rest, then move onto the other bench type.
xxtotuxx

Post by xxtotuxx »

Rob, how about doing cardio (HIIT or LISS) during Famine?
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

xxtotuxx wrote:Rob, how about doing cardio (HIIT or LISS) during Famine?
I believe this has been covered extensively. Page 27 of the Blueprint 2.0, point #3 is actually on this topic. The recommendation in the book is more specific (But I don't like to put parts of the book on the internet) but basically, it's highly recommended. Check the book for specifics.
xxtotuxx

Post by xxtotuxx »

Linkiroth wrote:
I believe this has been covered extensively. Page 27 of the Blueprint 2.0, point #3 is actually on this topic. The recommendation in the book is more specific (But I don't like to put parts of the book on the internet) but basically, it's highly recommended. Check the book for specifics.
yeah that was my thought but just wanted to check.

famine sucks :(
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

xxtotuxx wrote:
Linkiroth wrote:
yeah that was my thought but just wanted to check.

famine sucks :(
:):):)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

LISS is much preferred.

Famine is tough enough...!!! :):):)
oliverparsons

Post by oliverparsons »

Hey Rob, figured I might as well post this on the sticky instead of starting a new thread. You've mentioned that we could possibly get away with a 4 day famine instead of 5 days. Just wondering how that changes the workouts...do we now need to compress all 3 famine workouts into 4 days? Or do we just drop the last workout on day 5 (so we'd only be working out days 1 and 3)? Thanks!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

oliverparsons wrote:Hey Rob, figured I might as well post this on the sticky instead of starting a new thread. You've mentioned that we could possibly get away with a 4 day famine instead of 5 days. Just wondering how that changes the workouts...do we now need to compress all 3 famine workouts into 4 days? Or do we just drop the last workout on day 5 (so we'd only be working out days 1 and 3)? Thanks!
No need to compress anything. Simply skip workout #3, and finish out the 5 day famine phase with the diet.
oliverparsons

Post by oliverparsons »

Ahh ok thanks. Was a little confused - thought we dropped day 5 all together (not just the workout). Makes sense now. Thanks!
SloTown

Still confused. :(

Post by SloTown »

Hi Rob, and all. I am getting ready to start my first run of BP and after reading through all the material, I thought I had a good handle on the workouts for Famine, however, after reading through the posts here, I am confused again. I apologize for asking you to answer the same questions over again, but can you please clarify:

On Monday, I will do Squats/Cable Rows as a superset, rest 2 minutes and then do it again 2 more times.
Then I will do one set of each of the 3 bicep exercises?

On Wednesday, I will do one set of each of the 4 Chest/Shoulder supersets? And then do one set of each of the 4 Tricep excercises?

Is that right?

Thanks in advance!