Bigpelo's 3rd run = Blueprint 3.0 + warrior diet

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Incredible results, bigpelo!!

Please do me/us a BIG favor, and post these INCREDIBLE results on body building dot com.

I want the wholeWORLD to see, the POWER of 3.0!!![/i]
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

RobRegish wrote:Incredible results, bigpelo!!

Please do me/us a BIG favor, and post these INCREDIBLE results on body building dot com.

Sorry Rob, but I don't go on that forum anymore. Too much "bro science", people flaming others, wannabees know it all, placebo effect reviews, etc...
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Feast day 27 - May 19 2011

9th feast 3.0 workout

Decline close grip barbell press static hold:
375 x 15 seconds
385 x 12 seconds PR

EDT#1: dumbbell bench press with one arm row (both with 120lbs)
3,3,3,4,4,7 --> definitely could/should have use 125lbs dumbbells... 48 reps in 18 minutes

Seated barbell shoulder press static hold:
275 x 15 seconds
275 x 8 seconds PR --> busted!

EDT#2: dumbbells curl with lying tricep dumbbells extension (both with 64 lbs)
3,4,4,3,3,2 --> 36 reps in 17min30sec

Total workout time: 67 minutes
Body weight after workout: 236 lbs !! Wednesday spaghetti at 7pm fellowed by 2 eggs 4 slices of ham cheese and toast at 10:30pm probably have something to do with this weight increase. At least, workout was "easy"... well it went well :roll:

Feast day 28 - May 20 2011

No training today but I will destroy a Chinese buffet with friends tonight. Tomorrow will be a 55 miles bike run with these guys:

Can you see me? :)
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

...big guy in the back middle?? lol

Hard to see in the picture :p

Solid PR's there man! and enjoy the buffet and bike ride!
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

bigpelo wrote:
RobRegish wrote:Incredible results, bigpelo!!

Sorry Rob, but I don't go on that forum anymore. Too much "bro science", people flaming others, wannabees know it all, placebo effect reviews, etc...
Haha, yeah I just found that out myself...funny how all the "bro science" people are dudes weighing 170 pounds and benching 150 lbs taking junk...

I am getting ready to post a picture of one of my 18 inch calves on my profile there and will direct any junk talkers to take a look at it again...hahahaha
Linkiroth

Post by Linkiroth »

bigpelo wrote:Feast day 27 - May 19 2011

9th feast 3.0 workout

Decline close grip barbell press static hold:
375 x 15 seconds
385 x 12 seconds PR

EDT#1: dumbbell bench press with one arm row (both with 120lbs)
3,3,3,4,4,7 --> definitely could/should have use 125lbs dumbbells... 48 reps in 18 minutes

Seated barbell shoulder press static hold:
275 x 15 seconds
275 x 8 seconds PR --> busted!

EDT#2: dumbbells curl with lying tricep dumbbells extension (both with 64 lbs)
3,4,4,3,3,2 --> 36 reps in 17min30sec

Total workout time: 67 minutes
Body weight after workout: 236 lbs !! Wednesday spaghetti at 7pm fellowed by 2 eggs 4 slices of ham cheese and toast at 10:30pm probably have something to do with this weight increase. At least, workout was "easy"... well it went well :roll:

Feast day 28 - May 20 2011

No training today but I will destroy a Chinese buffet with friends tonight. Tomorrow will be a 55 miles bike run with these guys:

Can you see me? :)

Good job on the PRs, Big Pelo! Here's to plenty more!
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Feast day 29 - May 21 2011

Ended up doing 59 miles of bike, average speed of 16mph so that's 3.5 continuous hours of cardio. Hopefully I had 3 servings of modern BCAA for the ride. I did that on an almost empty stomach, having only 6oz of greek yogourt and 1 apple before starting.

The first 1/3 of the run was with wind in the back, the next 1/3 was hills and we sprint up so it was like HIIT, the last 1/3 was with a 25mph wind in the face so it killed the average. Sadly, my group split after the first 1/3 because some didn't want to do the hills and wanted to go back so we were just 3 doing sprint climbing. It wasn't enough to benefit the drag of a group so we really struggle during the last 1/3. Anyway: glad I have done it! Next week will be 65 miles, 100% hills.

I had two recovery meals thereafter. First was Progenex recovery with almonds and strawberries. Next was MassPro whey with blueberries. For dinner I ate everything at see. I was exhausted and hungry.

Feast day 30 - May 22 2011

Slept like a rock. Woke up early to watch the F1 Spanish Grand Prix. Then I helped a friend moving. I was still a bit sore in the morning but it fade away quickly. In the afternoon I prepare the garden: 15 rows of home grown vegetables :D (about 200 sq.ft.) ready for July. Big day!

I ended my berrie and cream MassPro Whey before bed :(

(I open the pure vanilla Monday 23 morning :) )

Feast day 31 - May 23 2011

10th 3.0 feast workout after work. Legs feel 100% recover for Saturday biking, should be good! Hope it will be as good as 9th feast 3.0 workout.

Should have taken measurements Friday, feast day 28... Will try tonight and see were I am now with my lean body mass :roll:
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Feast day 31 - May 23 2011

10th feast 3.0 workout

Rack pull:
585 x 13 seconds
595 x 11 seconds PR --> taken from 1 inch over knees

EDT#1: squat(365lbs) with lying leg curl (180lbs)
4,4,4,4,3,3 --> 39 reps in 20 minutes

Seated calf raise static hold:
230 x 15 seconds
240 x 13 seconds PR

Romanian dead lift:
365 x 6
375 x 6 --> could have done more

Skipped the last EDT because I was drained

Total workout time: 56 minutes
Body weight after workout: 238 lbs --> I need to re-adjust diet because I gained back 5 lbs since last week. Took my body fat after the shower and showed 22.5% (184 lbs lean mass) :( but I do feel strong. Or maybe it's my sleeping pattern that is sub optimum these days around...

I was at 21.4% (187.9 lbs lean mass) 40.5 in waist line, 239 total April 18
and at 20.1% (188.5 lbs lean mass) 39.5 in waist line, 236 total May 6
now at 22.5% (184 lbs lean mass) 39 in waist line, 238 total May 23

Maybe it's the sequoia fitness body tracker the problem because I am at my smallest waist line :?

Feast day 32 - May 24 2011

After work I will go cycling with the club for an 1.5 hours training if weather is good. If not, I will simply relax.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Feast day 32 - May 24 2011

Did 42 miles of bike at 19mph average. ~2.5 hours of empty stomach cardio with 4 scoops of Xtend. Really busted my ass as we were only 6 on we had a strong wind in the face on the return and the 5 others are advanced biker. I cutoff 2 miles before cool down begins... Should be better Saturday with the whole bunch.

Ate a lot after that, finally.

Feast day 33 - May 25 2011

No training today, need to rest and stretch.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

bigpelo wrote: After work I will go cycling with the club for an 1.5 hours training if weather is good. If not, I will simply relax.
This may be the issue regarding bodyfat...

Long, moderate cardio burns muscle and can actually send the body into fat replenishing mode, where the body actively tries to store fat...the ultimate double whammy...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I'm down for 2-3 days with no computer... big.pelo's world explodes - AGAIN!!

RAINING PR's..!! :):) !!!

Fantastic work, Big.Pelo. Let them debate how many more rounds of "Pink Magic", it'll take to break that pleateau man...

Personally, I have better things to do with my time/energy... like supporting YOU GUYS/GALS!!
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

matter2003 wrote:
bigpelo wrote: After work I will go cycling with the club for an 1.5 hours training if weather is good. If not, I will simply relax.
This may be the issue regarding bodyfat...

Long, moderate cardio burns muscle and can actually send the body into fat replenishing mode, where the body actively tries to store fat...the ultimate double whammy...
I don't totally agree on this one. Yes, it has been proven that starving for +72 hours and then do cardio for very long period of time can makes your body turn to muscle protein for energy. But I don't think that this "short" length cardio duration, coupled with a "controlled fasting" will led to muscle wasting.

If what you say was true, ironman athletes would be obese and "tour de France" bikers wouldn't have muscle at all nor my cycling training partners whom all got greek gods calves...

Diet dictates the major parts of body fat accumulation/reduction
Strength/power training/weight lifting dictates the major parts of muscle building/wasting.

All those muscle wasting and fat gaining issues are strategies use by supplements compagny to sell more products. And I jumped in the wagon because I use BCAA during my long distance cycling training... Same applies for the "eat protein every 3 hours", "your body cannot absord more then 50g of protein per sitting" credo --> selling more protein powders!

Looking back at my last week diet, I had to much salt. So body fat % was probably offset because of water retention. This morning I've seen the 4 uppers abs, which haven't happen in years! I think I am back on track ;)

I am not afraid of fasting anymore because it's doing me good and I didn't lose muscle :)

P.S.: fasting definition: “The act of willingly abstaining from some or all food, and in some cases drink, for a pre-determined period of time.”
starving definition: same as above but without the willingly.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

bigpelo wrote: I am not afraid of fasting anymore because it's doing me good and I didn't lose muscle :)

P.S.: fasting definition: “The act of willingly abstaining from some or all food, and in some cases drink, for a pre-determined period of time.”
Controlled fasting for 24 hours or less is called an "anabolic fast" because the body will release bursts of growth hormone to prevent muscle breakdown and mobilize fat for energy...studies have consistently shown a huge increase in growth hormone after 18-24 hours of fasting with increases up to 600%...

I used to have a cheat day on Sunday followed by a 9pm-9pm fast on Sunday night/Monday...helped me smash through a plateau where I couldn't drop any more weight at about 221 lbs...got all the way down to 212 lbs after doing this a few times...the cheat day helps reset Leptin levels and leads to the body going into optimal fat burning mode...Leptin levels drop by up to 50-60% after only 6 days of following any type of restricted calorie diet, but they can get reset within 12 hours of consuming large quantities of high carb/high fat(ie "junk food") foods...

worked very well for me, although I only did it about 3 or 4 times...
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

matter2003 wrote:
bigpelo wrote: I am not afraid of fasting anymore because it's doing me good and I didn't lose muscle :)

Controlled fasting for 24 hours or less is called an "anabolic fast" because the body will release bursts of growth hormone to prevent muscle breakdown and mobilize fat for energy...studies have consistently shown a huge increase in growth hormone after 18-24 hours of fasting with increases up to 600%...

I used to have a cheat day on Sunday followed by a 9pm-9pm fast on Sunday night/Monday...helped me smash through a plateau where I couldn't drop any more weight at about 221 lbs...got all the way down to 212 lbs after doing this a few times...the cheat day helps reset Leptin levels and leads to the body going into optimal fat burning mode...Leptin levels drop by up to 50-60% after only 6 days of following any type of restricted calorie diet, but they can get reset within 12 hours of consuming large quantities of high carb/high fat(ie "junk food") foods...

worked very well for me, although I only did it about 3 or 4 times...
That's it! AMEN!

I fast from 10pm yesterday until 6pm today. This for the past 5-6 weeks. I believed when growth hormone is high and you are exercising, fat melts down and muscle are preserve!

Feast day 34 - May 26 2011

11th feast 3.0 workout

I choose two exercises for upper body:

Seated shoulder press static hold:
275 x 15 seconds
285 x 12 seconds PR

Dumbbell row:
104 x 10
114 x 8
120 x 6
125 x 4
129 x 3
133 x 2
133 x 2 PR --> heaviest dumbbell is 125 so I took 2 4lbs ankle straps and used them around the dumbbell. Could have use a little more but it won't fit :(

Total workout time: 35 minutes
Bodyweight after workout: 233 (yes! back to my lowest weight of last week)

My girlfriend is raving about my newly showed ads (at least the 4 upper ones...)

Feast day 35 - May 27 2011

Raining again... Don't know if I will go to the gym for some HIIT cardio or just take a day off yet. Suggestion?