Help! Lost 6 pounds in 3 days of famine

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Scaramussa

Help! Lost 6 pounds in 3 days of famine

Post by Scaramussa »

Hi!
I'm on the night of the 3rd day of famine and I already lost 3 kgs :(
I'm so weak, this 2nd workout was so hard!!! And I was not using heavy weights (did 10 reps of bench with 60% 1RM). I don't know If I can do 3rd workout If I continue to eat so few cals (probably 1200 cals... my weight on famine day 1: 170 pounds).
What should I do?
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

Is there a reason you are eating only 1200 calories?

You weigh 170? So you should be eating 8x BW, meaning 1360. It doesnt sound like much of a difference, but that extra 160 calories is good for you.

Even at 1200... thats still ok.

How has your waking heart rate changed? Have you been keeping track of that?

Its ok that you lost 6 pounds. Thats good actually! A lot of that is probably water, despite the fact that you have probably still been consuming quite a bit. Its natural, especially in the BREAKDOWN phase that your body is in.

The shock has set in.

Do what you can with your last 2 days... this is where the heart comes in.

best of luck!!! Keep up the good work!
Scaramussa

Post by Scaramussa »

Not tracking my heart rate and my calories. I'm just counting now because I'm really craving for food... haha
Just ate a dried tomato croissant :S
I'm still eating a lot of food (my lunch was like 150 gramas of rice and beans and 400 grams of vegetables...). Here in Brazil, all the popular restaurants are buffets than you pay for weight... so it's easy to manage lunch in famine ^^
But i'm still feeling weak and it's hard to sleep while craving for food...

But thanks for the support anyway =)
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

take your resting heart rate tomorrow if you can :)
Do you know how to do that?
Post it here and we will have a look!
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

this is what it should be like, though maybe rob should comment. i lose about 9 lbs through my famine and struggle to lift some of my warm up weights.
RobRegish

Re: Help! Lost 6 pounds in 3 days of famine

Post by RobRegish »

Scaramussa wrote:Hi!
I'm on the night of the 3rd day of famine and I already lost 3 kgs :(
I'm so weak, this 2nd workout was so hard!!! And I was not using heavy weights (did 10 reps of bench with 60% 1RM). I don't know If I can do 3rd workout If I continue to eat so few cals (probably 1200 cals... my weight on famine day 1: 170 pounds).
What should I do?
From the author: STOP NOW and transition to Feast. Easy solutions to life's problems, yes? :)

Great work!!!
Scaramussa

Post by Scaramussa »

Hi Rob! Thanks for the reply.
Isn't ok If I try to do the 5 days famine? I'll eat a little bit more and try to push further. If I feel sick I'll stop. I don't feel sick at all, just weak (in the gym) and hungry.
JML2011

Post by JML2011 »

Rob has spoken! :)

Guess what.. you are there! Some people transition to feast short of the last workout, as their body has achieved the state that famine is designed to produce.

For the record, I felt you were there, but I didnt want to suggest moving to Feast if it was wrong.. :P Shoulda had a little more confidence in my diagnosis!! haha

Best of luck ! Enjoy that 72 hours of destruction!!!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Scaramussa wrote:Hi Rob! Thanks for the reply.
Isn't ok If I try to do the 5 days famine? I'll eat a little bit more and try to push further. If I feel sick I'll stop. I don't feel sick at all, just weak (in the gym) and hungry.
The desire to continue is understandable. Here though, is what you risk...

1.) Unnecessary risk of injury/sickness, or worse...

2.) Digging too deep a hole, which in turn hamstrings your ability to gain "traction" during bridge workouts 1-5 into Feast.

Again, understand and appreciate what you're feeling. I've been there.. I know. Yet, this book and this board exists for one reason; To help you avoid the mistakes I've made... :)

Hope that helps!!
Scaramussa

Post by Scaramussa »

Ok. Started feast today. Thanks!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good man!

Your assignment: Destroy your local all you can eat buffet establishment of choice.

I'm calling for a minimum 1year ban. Ideally a lifetime ban (with your picture posted) but no less than 1 year.

If you fail me, you're going to "The Camps".

See here:

Rob's Plan for World Domination: Get on Board - Or Else
https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... php?t=1068

:) :) :)
321bh

Post by 321bh »

I lost 5lbs in 4 days of famine (starting weight was 166lbs), so the 5th day I start feast. Today is the 3rd day and I've been eating slightly above maintenance since I want this run to be recomp!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good man!!

TIP: The average trainee loses about 1lb/day during Famine. That varies by somatype, with ecto's losing more and endo's losing less but it's a good, rough guideline to use.

Please remember, this is only one objective diagnostic we use. The others being an increase in your waking, resting heart rate of 8 beats per minute and an increase in excretion of protein on the multistix.

Subjectively, you're looking for the following:

1.) You curse the name "Rob Regish" regularly throughout the day
2.) You silently wonder if this guy Regish is trying to make you weaker,
smaller and "wispy"
3.) You're questioning your investment in The Blueprint and wondering
why every other log shows progress yet, you're getting smaller,
weaker and more feeble at an astonishing rate.

If you observe any one or a combination of these, you're on the right track... :)
Scaramussa

Post by Scaramussa »

Hey folks! I'm on day 7 of feat, my weight is already 172 pounds.
I have a question: my urine now is darker (not a strong yellow like in a vit B excess, but rather a dark yellow/light brown). Is this normal?
I'm afraid because I'm having lots of desiccated liver pownder and in my last blood check, my uric acid was a little bit high (above the normal range). I'm having lots of water, what should I do?