From Bulk to Recomp: xxtotuxx's Round 2

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
xxtotuxx

From Bulk to Recomp: xxtotuxx's Round 2

Post by xxtotuxx »

Hey brahs. After succesfully bulking (well, except for some fat) I've focused my sights to a new, ripped me. Rob made me a customized program so I'll follow his instructions in route to accomplish my goals.

After doing my first blueprint run, I ended with amazing results. I gained about 35-40 pounds over 6-8 months, about 70% muscle and 30% fat. Exercise wise, I've gained an incredible amount of strength. 1RM for Bench was about 240 and for Squat about 290. I'm really proud of what I've accomplished here.

Now for this run, I'm doing a re-comp via Rob's suggestion. I've already finished with Famine (thank god) and so I'll start Feast tomorrow. However, I suffered a cut on my index finger which required 5 stitches, so I don't know when I will be able to hit the gym again. Hopefully on Wednesday. Either way, I'll still do cardio and diet.

I'll try to update this blog daily, but if the college load doesn't allow me, I'll update every 2-3 days, but hopefully it will be daily.

I'll try to post pictures of me right now when I have a chance. Until then, I will update day to day. Having Rob again will be a huge advantage for me and everyone else. Thanks Rob for everything you've taught not only me but every other Blueprint follower. You've truly inspired me and will use that inspiration to not let you down, but most importantly not let myself down.
xxtotuxx

Post by xxtotuxx »

Day 1: Hit the gym but didn't lift, only did HIIT. Eating 80% my maintenance cals, so about 1800-1900.

Did about 18 min. HIIT. 3 min. warmup, and 30 seconds at 11.0 and then 1 minute at 3.5. The feeling after doing this is both amazing and like sh*t. But for me it's more pleasant than LISS.

Tomorrow will be HIIT again and on Wednesday hopefully I can lift weights again.
RobRegish

Re: From Bulk to Recomp: xxtotuxx's Round 2

Post by RobRegish »

xxtotuxx wrote:Hey brahs. After succesfully bulking (well, except for some fat) I've focused my sights to a new, ripped me. Rob made me a customized program so I'll follow his instructions in route to accomplish my goals.

After doing my first blueprint run, I ended with amazing results. I gained about 35-40 pounds over 6-8 months, about 70% muscle and 30% fat. Exercise wise, I've gained an incredible amount of strength. 1RM for Bench was about 240 and for Squat about 290. I'm really proud of what I've accomplished here.

Now for this run, I'm doing a re-comp via Rob's suggestion. I've already finished with Famine (thank god) and so I'll start Feast tomorrow. However, I suffered a cut on my index finger which required 5 stitches, so I don't know when I will be able to hit the gym again. Hopefully on Wednesday. Either way, I'll still do cardio and diet.

I'll try to update this blog daily, but if the college load doesn't allow me, I'll update every 2-3 days, but hopefully it will be daily.

I'll try to post pictures of me right now when I have a chance. Until then, I will update day to day. Having Rob again will be a huge advantage for me and everyone else. Thanks Rob for everything you've taught not only me but every other Blueprint follower. You've truly inspired me and will use that inspiration to not let you down, but most importantly not let myself down.
The privilege is all mine and I am THRILLED to be back to support you and everyone else here.

Let me be very clear: It took 41 years to figure this out but there is no longer any question: This is why I'm here - to help others avoid the money, time and life experiences I wasted getting caught up in this game.

I learned every lesson in life the hard way..... but I finally got it. Whether you believe in God or not, someone or something knew they had a thick skull and slapped me HARD to get the message through to me.

The Blueprint doesn't pay the bills yet but given what I just went and am still going through..... suddenly bills don't matter.

If anyone hasn't read this yet you absolutely need to. Right here, right now. Stop everything you're doing and read it. It may very well save your life... it has already ruined mine.

How to Ruin Your Life - Please Learn From My Mistake

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... 6539#16539
321bh

Post by 321bh »

I'm definately following this thread.. I'm on my second BP run and going for a major bulk, then I need to recomp.. good luck!!
xxtotuxx

Post by xxtotuxx »

321bh wrote:I'm definately following this thread.. I'm on my second BP run and going for a major bulk, then I need to recomp.. good luck!!
Thanks. I put some serious mass on the program. A word of advice though: don't get in the habit of not doing the cardio. It helps a lot in keeping the fat down.

Day 2:

Today was an off day, so more HIIT. It's kicking my ass damn, but it feels great doing it. Did 1.80 miles in about 17 minutes, so that's pretty good. Same pattern of 30s at 11.0 / 1min at 3.5. Tomorrow I will start with the lifting routine, so I'm pretty stoked for that part.

Diet wise, here are my macros:

321bh

Post by 321bh »

I'm a real hard-gainer so cardio would seriously jeapordize my gains at the moment.. I'm not doing cardio at all! waiting on a PM back from Rob to let me know if I should do cardio in my current run or just do it as part of the recomp in my next run..
xxtotuxx

Post by xxtotuxx »

Sorry for not updating. Had a load of work so I'll update now.

Day 3

Lifted today for the first time in Feast. On paper, the routine looks doable and certainly not hard. Well, it kicks ass. Definitely like it. No cardio today.

-Lat Pulldowns (palms facing me)
3x12,10,10 (150lbs, 160lbs, 170lbs)

-Squats
3x10,10,10 (200lbs)

-Pushups
3x12 (Bodyweight)

-Romanian DLs
3x12,10,10 (170lbs)

-Hanging Leg Raises
2x10,10

-Decline Crunches
2x10,10

Great workouts. Stitches were a discomfort on some exercises but managed to do them with good form.

Diet: Following perfectly. Brown rice, chicken, oats, eggwhites, milk, banana, whey protein, tuna... Pretty clean.

2270 cals = 39F/283C/189P

Day 4:

Off day, so HIIT for me. Really intensive cardio session, most intense this far no doubt about it. Upped velocity to 11.5 35 sec/3.5 1 min. Did about 19 minutes, incluying 4 min. warmup and 1 last minute at 9.0.

Diet: Same, perfect here. 1850 = 31F/223C/177P

Day 5:

Second day lifting today. Had an incredible mental pump for today's workout. First exercise was push-press. Damn are these demanding. They worked my whole upper body, very demanding as I said:

-Push-Press
3x10,10,10 (115lbs)

-Lunges with DB
3x12,10,10 (40lbs DB)

-Dips
3x10,10,10 (using 35lbs + bodyweight)

-BB Row (tried doing DB Row but couldn't grip the DB with my left index finger so couldn't do it for my left side)

3x12,10,10 (120lbs)

Some exercises would have been done with more weight if not for the index finger cut. Still, pretty damn good workout.

Diet: 2256 = 36F/260C/202P
321bh

Post by 321bh »

Sounds good bro! keep it up!

How often will you weigh yourself?
xxtotuxx

Post by xxtotuxx »

321bh wrote:Sounds good bro! keep it up!

How often will you weigh yourself?
Will weight myself every sunday morning. So I'll post tomorrow my progress weight so far.
xxtotuxx

Post by xxtotuxx »

Day 6 and Day 7:

Saturday and Sunday, this means no gym. Still, I followed my diet. Took my weight on Sunday: 205. Will see next Sunday where I stand.

Diet: 1891 -> 25.6 F/201C/189P and 1910 ->25F/208C/180P

Day 8 (Monday)

Third workout today. Instead of 3 sets per exercise, I’ll add one more set to each exercise. Next week it will be 5 sets per exercise. Going to kick my ass, but I’m looking forward to it.

-Lat Pulldowns (palms facing me)
4x12,10,10,10 (160lbs, 160lbs, 150lbs,150lbs)

-Squats
4x10,10,10,10 (190-200lbs)

-DB Bench Press (
4x12,10,8,6 (60,55,55,55) (did pushups immediately when I couldn’t finish the 10 reps)

-Romanian DLs
4x12,10,10,10 (170lbs)

-Hanging Leg Raises
3x10,10

-Decline Crunches
3x10,10

Damn, this workout was hard as hell. Hardest of all 3 I’ve done at this point. The burn in each muscle while doing the exercise is incredible.
Diet: 2291 -> 24.1F/260C/218P

Day 9:

Off-Day, so it’s HIIT for me. I always look forward to offdays now so I can do some HIIT. People looking at you sprinting like a mad man is always funny. Plus, I think it’s good for my cut. Not sure about that last one :P Did about 20 min: 3 warmup, and then 7 intervals of 30-35 sec on 11.0/1 min 3.5. Then at the end I do 45/1 min on 8.5.
See myself somewhat leaner. Don’t know if its mental or not, but the scale will tell me on Sunday.

Diet: 1875 -> 29F/ 210C/ 169P
xxtotuxx

Post by xxtotuxx »

Also, I'll be using a thermogenic starting next week to help my cut. I used one before last cut and worked great. Will be using it only days I go to the gym, so from Monday to Friday.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Rob will be happy... when you're happy.

So give me the big update on your happiness quotient, when you're ready :)