Feast Phase Training?

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
iamthewalrus15

Feast Phase Training?

Post by iamthewalrus15 »

Can someone please help me understand the training on the feast phase???

also how it ties into famine..

1: start famine monday
2: finish famine friday
3: start feast monday
4: do workout 1 monday, 2, tuesday, 3, wed, 4 thurs, 5 frid?
5: rest weekend
6: repeat for the 14-28 days

is this right?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Welcome aboard!

You've almost got it, but not quite.

You'll start Famine Monday, finishing on Friday. Begin Feast Saturday and eat up Sat, Sunday and Monday.

The first 3 days of Feast you're just focusing on eating/resting. Essentially reloading and NOT training.

You'll begin training on Tuesday, day 4. If this is your first run, highly recommend following it "by the book" as detailed on page 13 of 68 of The Blueprint. Frequency of workouts is individual but many do well with a 1 on 1 off or 1 on 2 off format during this time. You'll perform 5 sessions as outlined at which point you'll have a 1RM to base the German program off of again, as detailed in BP.

Please let me know if you have questions on that. Famine will be an experience, first time out of the gate :)
mbxs3

Post by mbxs3 »

I think I am probably over-thinking this one, but was hoping for some clarification.

On Pg 13(BP2.0), under Work Out #1 it states, "- Squats for as many reps as you can get in the 8-10 rep range".

From the reading above the work out explanation, I understand that the exercise is supposed to be one set to failure. So should the statement written above read, "Squat as much weight as you can get in the 8-10 rep range"?

Sorry if I am over complicating a simple direction. I just want to make sure I am following the program to a T. Thanks for any clarification.

-Mike
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You're not over-complicating it. In fact, I'm glad you pointed it out. I could have worded it better.

"Squat as much weight as you can get in the 8-10 rep range"

Noted for BP 3.0 :)

And by the way, WELCOME to our board! We're building a community of super helpful people here and if you're anything like us, enjoy learning. It's a great place to be. One of my first customers and a guy I consider my top Blueprint Tinkerer "Brainsquirt" just finished up his 5th run.

Results?

He added 12 quality LBS of LBM (and he intentionally held back some)! I see great things in your future too. And we'll be here to support you 100% every step of the way...
mbxs3

Many Thanks!

Post by mbxs3 »

Thank you for 1) clarification, 2)the very timely response, and 3)the "blueprint" to reaching unprecedented goals. I am looking forward to getting through all the information and incorporating it into my life. Thanks again!

-Mike
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

My pleasure...

I have a lot of boards to visit, PM's to answer these days but rest assured, BP forums is always my first stop!